India Today Book Club / Paid for books but not received any

1 India Review updated:

I got a link through [protected]@irctc.co.IN .The offer was to Buy:

Bestsellers Books & CDs starting AT Re 1/-. I selected the ones I liked and then paid online as India Today is a well reputed Magazine and they have a book club. IRCTC is a railway online book site by the Govt. I got a catalog of India Book Club by mail, but never got the books. Not even an acknowledgment receipt. My credit statement shows the amount. They are obviously cheats and would advise all to beware of them.

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Bo

Dear Member,

We have come across your online complaint on the site<https://www.complaintsboard.com>.

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

Please go through the following latest details for free gifts:
    You have to log on to the following URL:

Kindly enter the required details :( after 2 days),

1. Unique Code- 179069802A090071189
    2. E-mail Id-
    3. Click on submit to get details.

We value your association with India Today Book Club and thank you
    for your patronage & co-operation.

For any further query or assistance please feel free to write us on:

Whenever you mail us,

or call at our customer care:
    011-40502424.

Thanks & Regards,
    India Today Book Club Team.

• Bo
      22nd of Jul, 2016

Dear Mr. Raghav Raj Kudari your complaint has been resolved on 24/04/2010.
    Please refer to the email sent to you on your id. If you have any further queries, please mail back to us on the given id:

• Fe
      22nd of Jul, 2016

Dear Mr.Ashutosh your order is fully processed form our end not possible to cancel it .

• In

Dear Sir,

Your refund has been resolved from our end if you have not recieve your refund till date so kindly send the 3 months CC statememt .

• Ba

Dear Sir,

Kinldy provide the order details.

• Ba
      3rd of Jun, 2016

Dear Sir,

Kindly provide the order details.

Dear Sir,

Request you to kindly wait for few days we had forwarded your complaint to concerned department.

We have come across your on line complaint on

We have gone through your complaint, we would like to inform you that you need to claim you free gifts from our website within 60 days of invoice generating date as mentioned below:

Please visit on www.bookstoday.in/promos.htm

Fill your unique code number (printed on your invoice)

Fill your email id

Please take a printout for the terms and condition.

In case you find any difficulty please get back to us.

We value your association with India Today Book Club and thank you for your patronage & co-operation.

For any further query or assistance please feel free to write us on [protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com

or call us at 011-40502424.

We would request you to kindly mention this subject: ONLINE COMPLAINTS whenever you e-mail us for quicker response.

Team,
    Bag it today.

Dear Member

We have come across your on line complaint on

We have gone through your complaint, we request you to kindly provide us the scanned copy of your credit card statement along with the auth code so that we can check the details and inform you the same.

For any further query or assistance please feel free to write us on [protected]@bagittoday.com

or call us at 011-40502424.

Team,
    Bag it today

• Dr
      22nd of Jul, 2016

my u7nique id no.115679124a100013546 e.mail i d. surendran _dr @yahoo.co.in - pl.let me know of my free gifts and 2 days stay at a resot. thanks -

22nd of Jul, 2016

I am a member of India Today Book Club and admit that I had received one or two good deals from them.This in turn made me believe them when I got an offer for an HTC Touch2 phone over my mobile.I asked the rep whether it was a 3G enabled phone.After confirming with his senior he replied in the affirmative.

Still, I sent a mail to HTC for confirmation and they sent me a reply in negative. I informed the tele caller about the same when he called on the next occasion. I also sent a mail to India Today Book Club affirming my request not to execute the order if it was not 3G enabled.

I received the phone last week. To my horror, it did not have a Touch2 set and was instead having an HTC P3470 inside the box! Phones do not get past the IVRS of India Today Book Club. Fax is either busy or no reply and mails are not answered at all!

I really wonder what has gone wrong with such a reputed organisation like the Living Media Group.It is very frustrating and depressing when such reputed names too act in such strange manner.

• Ra
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    India Today Book Club - We are not able to access to website to get the gift
    bookstoday.in

I have booked 3 sets of books from India today book club and they promised to upload the unique promotion number in the website to get the gift. I got the books on 10th August and till today I am not able to access the website to collect the gift. I came to understand from my friends that this company is a fraud one and they are cheating customers. Please take necessary action against the organisation. I made 20 STD calls which cost me around Rs. 1000 but everytime people are giving wait for 3 days. The address of the company is given below.

INDIA TODAY BOOK CLUB
    B-47 INDIRA ENCLAVE
    NEB SARAI
    NEW DELHI-110068

Regards,
    Raja

• Ps
      22nd of Jul, 2016
    India Today Book Club - Cheating and misleading slaes.
    ITBC

Dear All
    Thanx for all the details reg. India Today Book Club.I have been cheated by ITBC also.Providing all the details.I chase INDIA Govt. who is sitting in Delhi but not doing any thing to India today.Not arresting the persons involved on this issue."JAGO GRAHAK JAGO" All slogans are ### reg. Indian Nationals.
    Bhubaneswar
    Orissa
    The details are as below :

Attn. Mr.Nitin Sawhney/Shakila Shah
    Thursday, 12 February, 2009 3:26 AM
    Dear Mr. Nitin Sawhney/Shakila Shah

Thanx for all ur offers through net.B'coz I have done a great mistake by ordering u a material.
    As I would say its bitter to talk to ITBC, B'coz I was talking to your people over telephone 011-40502424 but all the times pls. wait by hanging my telephone for 15-20 mins. over STD call.Also the person who attended my call on 30th of January told me that ur material will be delivered within 15 days from today's date.But for the confirmation of the same today i.e. on 12th when I talked to ur people he said ur material was delivered on 16th of Nov. but some where it is missing.

Now the question is if that consignment is missing from Nov. then what u have done or taken care regarding sending the material again.No u kept quite.Its customers headache why we will take pain ? It is ur customer care or customer relationship.Also I have already send u mail at least 2-3 times on this issue but never received a single reply from ur side.So this time do not take it lightly.Don't think also that u can make me fool.

I am giving all my details.Despatch the material as early as possible to avoid any legal formalities.But before that send me a mail maximum by tomorrow.U can also give me a call on my cell no.09337199799.I will observe max. 2-3 days towards any action from ur side, failing ready to face for all sort of legal actions to be taken from myside.

P.S.Pattanaik Membership no. ITBC08467325
    Orissa

My cheques which I have submitted to you as follows also got credited to your A/c as per the statement.
    1.Cheque No. 188983 @ Rs.800/- ( ICICI Bank )
    2.Cheque No. 188984 @ Rs.600/- ( ICICI Bank )
    3.Cheque No. 188985 @ Rs.600/- ( ICICI Bank )

I have ordered for 20 CD Sacred moments.But surprisingly I have not received the same till date.Also after realisation of the cheques.Also regarding free stuffs clarify.

----------------------------------------------
    It was my last reminder to ITBC Pls. refer to their previous conversation
    ----------------------------------------------

RE: Despatch Info of your Order
    Tuesday, 13 January, 2009 3:09 AM
    "Respone" <[protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com>
    Dear Sir

I am giving my details pls. try to send my things as early as possible

P.S.Pattanaik Membership no. ITBC08467325
    Orissa
    1.Cheque No. 188983 @ Rs.800/- ( ICICI Bank )
    2.Cheque No. 188984 @ Rs.600/- ( ICICI Bank )
    3.Cheque No. 188985 @ Rs.600/- ( ICICI Bank )

I have ordered for mythological DVDs.But surprisingly I have not received the same till date.Also after realisation of the cheques.Pls. do the needful at earliest.Also regarding free stuffs I donot know what I am suppose to get.

--- On Tue, 13/1/09, Respone <[protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com> wrote:
    From: Respone <[protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com>
    Subject: RE: Despatch Info of your Order
    To: [protected]@yahoo.com
    Date: Tuesday, 13 January, 2009, 12:52 AM

Dear Member,

Thank s for writing to u s .

With reference to your mail, we would like to bring thi s to your kind notice that plea s e provide u s your member s hip number & the order number along with your full addre s s, s o that we can check the detail s and inform you the s ame.

Waiting for your revert on s ame.

For further querie s & a s s i s tance plea s e feel free to call at our helpline
    011-40502424 or 1800 1024242 toll free.

________________________________________
    From: Partha Pattanaik [mailto:[protected]@yahoo.com]
    Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 11:38 AM
    Subject: Re: Despatch Info of your Order

Dear Sir
    I think you have already taken the total amount Rs.2000/- from my a/c.But surprisingly I have not received the consignment till today.Also this consignment which you have send through speed post that also I have not received till today also there is no news against I have.Pls. look in to the matter seriously.

P.S.Pattanaik

--- On Thu, 13/11/08, [protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com < [protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com > wrote:
    From: [protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com < [protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com >
    Subject: Despatch Info of your Order
    To: [protected]@YAHOO.COM
    Date: Thursday, 13 November, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Dear PARTHA SARATHI PATTANAIK

Thank You for your order. We wish to inform you that your order has been sent
    through SPEED POST under dispatch no. ED851872335IN on 12-11-2008

Kindly expect the delivery in 2-3 Days.

Thank You once again for ordering with India Today Book Club.

For any further assistance please reply to this email or

call us at 011-40502424 (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.) or

SMS ITBC to 52424.

Re: Despatch Info of your Order
    Sunday, 11 January, 2009 10:08 PM

P.S.Pattanaik

--- On Thu, 13/11/08, [protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com <[protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com> wrote:
    From: [protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com <[protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com>
    Subject: Despatch Info of your Order
    To: [protected]@YAHOO.COM
    Date: Thursday, 13 November, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Dear PARTHA SARATHI PATTANAIK

Thank You for your order. We wish to inform you that your order has been sent
    through SPEED POST under dispatch no. ED851872335IN on 12-11-2008

Kindly expect the delivery in 2-3 Days.

Thank You once again for ordering with India Today Book Club.

For any further assistance please reply to this email or

call us at 011-40502424 (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.) or

SMS ITBC to 52424.
    -----------------------------------------------
    BUT AFTER ALL THESE I NEVER RECEIVED THE MATERIAL TILL TODAY NOR MONEY.THANKS TO OUR GREAT INDIA GOVT. & ITS POLICY.

• Sn
    India Today Book Club - Paid for the books, not yet received
    India

B.D. for Rs 1105/- in favour of ITBC, issued by Allahabad Bank, BBSR vide no. 4487629/dt 2-11-07 sent to ITBC for books worth Rs 1605/- (Rs 500/- free gift coupon enclosed) by Snigdha Mohanty (Membership no. ITBC 04235332) on dt 4-11-07. Books are not yet received. An early action in this regard will be highly appriciated.

• Du
      22nd of Jul, 2016
    India Today Book Club - Refund not given (following up ITBC for 12+months)
    indiatodaybookclub.com

My membership ID with India Today Book Club is ITBC08774081. I had placed an order (TELESALES/0GA090014244) worth Rs.1897/- for Reebok kit (shirt, watch, belts etc.) on 06-March-09. When the ordered items were not delivered after more than 4 months of order, I requested to cancel my order and refund the payment. I have been following up over phone and emails for more than 12 months, but ITBC team is unable to process my refund till today. What should it be called “fraud”, “failure of a REPUTED company in online business”, ’’shame’’, or what? Is there any chance to get my hard-earned money back?

I have provided them all the proofs (CC statements, Order confirmation emails etc) many times and also send letters in writing to their Noida and Delhi offices by Speed Post, but no replies. They do not care for the customers once they got the payment.

They have started a new company BagItToday to make more money by cheating people.

Thanks for reading!

• Rk
    India Today Book Club - India Today Book Club Free Gifts are harassing
    booktoday.in

I have purchased a 12 book set with 4 encyclopedia CDs for Rs 3198, for which India Today Book Club had assured me of a free gift of 3 day & 2 night holiday stay in 3 to 5 star hotel package including round air ticket for 3 adults at any location in India from a list of 60 destinations.

I got a Unique Promo ID: 179069802A090071189
    Order No. : 0GA090073537
    Invoice Date : 12 Nov 2009
    Order Date: 11 Nov 2009
    WEB No. : 440013211
    Membership No.: ITBC09150698

mentioned in the Invoice of parcel received.

Complaint 1.
    I was told that I would get my package detailing the list of locations & Name of Hotels with the parcel .But it had nothing except 12 CDs & copies of books.

Complaint 2.
    The invoice tells us to visit to www.booktoday.in/promos.htm for redeeming this free gift package of hoday.But this link is a fraud as it doesnt accepts the unique promo ID and tells that the details we have entered are wrong.

Complaint 3.
    Invoice tells to contact on 011-40502424 for any assistance, where as this number is also a fake/cheat as no one picks up call & all we hear is an IVR voice line telling us to hold the line as our call in very IMPORTANT to them.

Complaint 4.

When I was making the purchase on phone with the India Today book club calling agent, I was never told that I m getting this free package of holiday for purchasing the 12 book package.Instead he framed all this a if I am purchasing a 3 day & 2 night holiday stay in 3 to 5 star hotel package including round air ticket for 3 adults at any location in India from a list of 60 destinations.And when I completed the financial transaction of Rs3198 on phone he informed me that I would get a 12 book set with 4 encyclopedia CDs free with this holiday package ( which was completely wrong, false, opposite to actaul real fat that I had actaully purchased a 12 book set/pirated book set.

I NEED MONEY BACK OR MY PROBLEMS GET RESOLVED.

• Vi
    India Today Book Club - no confirmation after online payment of Rs. 669

Hi,

I paid Rs. 669 online today through HSBC credit card at 12.35 PM today for the ongoing offer

"Get 4 Bestsellers

at Re 1/- each*

with membership & 2 bestsellers "

Checked with bank regarding the successful payment but due to some reason couldn't get back to the India today site for confirmation. Don't even have my Book club membership number. Please send a confirmation mail saying my order is accepted and I will get the 4+2 books/CDs with Book club membership now.

Best regards

• Dr
      22nd of Jul, 2016
    India Today Book Club - Cheating and misleading slaes.
    Indiatoday bookclub sles dept

Sir,
    My membership to India Today Book Club no is ITBC10325854. I have in past complaint to [protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com about one mr Ajay M. who claimed that he is a senior manager sales and of selection scheme of 6000000 prise money. First of all i had to believe that i was made to buy in tne with over 1.5 lakhs worth items which were of no use to me a s i had purchased from ITBC.
    Still i was falsely and fakely misguided every times that my draw id there and i have already one 550000 prise and i have to buy atleast 35000Rs worth item i was dumped with microsoft X box 360 console arcade and told i wil get 150000 worth dimondjwelery and 20000 worth cash voucher of samsung or LG product at any outlet. It is a digital versatile getgit which is worth 150000. in fact when received i found its a game box. no use to me. and amount of rs 35000/- swiped in a stroke! Cheated me. One mt ajay said he is giving a DVD player with 17inch TFT screen in 8000/- worth and when enquired it was told that its only DVD player!!. Thus again cheated. Two samsung touch screen mobiles of lowest quality sold to me in about 19000/-. Here also cheated. I was also given chinese duel sim i-star mobile set which has no proper visibility or audability. never worked. No one gives heek to complaints. My id.s OGA100010434 of watch worth 22000/ on Feb 26th transaction i want to cancell. 8000/- worth DVD player i wish to cancell. I am returning back OGA100009650 Microsoft X Box 360 console of 34978/- Other 440015361/09009211/Fake ids no given are A198DCD101 by clat when this Microsoft X box was sold. SWE No 09009211, they have also given cheque no and asked me whether i should refer cash or cheque. my bank details and PAN no etc.
    Its a height of indiscipline and frud scam and cheating to the public. The management should immediately take up seriously and justify their reputation.
    RHope u will take stern action and refund my amount immediately.
    Dr sanat Joshi
    ITBC 10325854
    202/sharon enclave/ opp. vaddem lake/vaddem/ Vasco Da Gama< Goa 403802 09422455696 [protected]@rediffmail.com or [protected]@gmail.com

• As
      22nd of Jul, 2016
    India Today Book Club - Money not refunded after 2 months after cancellation of order because of not delivery

Sir,
    My complaint against India Today Book Club for cheating me
    My name :Ashutosh Pachauri
    MEMBER ID: ITBC10311614
    BOOKING ORDER ID : TELESALES/0GA100007522 booked on 09/03/2010 for a package for Rs. 27996/-

After calling many times they did not deliver my order and at last i requested them to cancel my order and refund my money they have not refunded my money till now and sending mail like below-Please help me in getting my money back as 27996 is not a small amount.

Some of the mails from India Today Book Club

************************
    Dear MR. ASHUTOSH PACHAURI

Thank you for your order. We wish to inform you that your order has been put under
    process with order no TELESALES/0GA100007522. The order value is Rs. 27996 and Order Date is 09-MAR-10. You will receive an email and a sms with your despatch details soon.

Thank you once again for ordering with India Today Book Club

For any further assistance please reply to this email or call us at 011-40502424(10 a.m.

India Today Book Club

For up-to-the-minute coverage of news and entertainment in English, visit http://www.indiatoday.in/ and in Hindi, visit http://www.aajtak.in/

This e-mail communication and any attachments may be privileged and confidential to Living Media India Limited and are intended only for the use of the recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not review, disclose, disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail and attachments. If you have received this email in error, please delete the same along with all attachments there to and notify us immediately at [protected]@intoday.com.

[protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com
    Dear Mr. Ashutosh Pachauri process with order no TELESALES/0GA100007489. The ...

[protected]@indiatodaybookclub.comLoading...

Dear Mr. Ashutosh Pachauri

process with order no TELESALES/0GA100007489. The order value is Rs. 7498 and Order Date is 09-MAR-10. You will receive an email and a sms with your despatch details soon.

Ashutosh Pachauri
    HI can you please send me more details about the order/product, eg brand, as...

Ashutosh Pachauri
    HI can you please send me more details about the order/product, eg brand, as...

show details Mar 10

HI can you please send me more details about the order/product, eg brand, asscessaries and other details

Ashutosh Pachauri
    HI can you please send me more details about the order/product, eg brand, ac...

Ashutosh Pachauri
    HI can you please send me more details about the order/product, eg brand, ac...

show details Mar 10

HI can you please send me more details about the order/product, eg brand, accessories and other details

Response
    Dear Member, We thank you for your mail to us. With reference to your mail we...

show details Mar 11

We thank you for your mail to us.

With reference to your mail we would like to inform you that your order is under process from our end we request you that kindly wait for some days you will receive the same soon.

Please note your Membership number ITBC10311614 for your future references.

Assure you of our best possible services always.

For further queries, please feel free to get back to us or Call us on our Helpline Number (011-40502424, 9:30 AM TO 6:30 PM, and all 7 days)

Warm Regards,

Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 4:11 PM

Ashutosh Pachauri
    HI, Could you please let me know how much time it will take to reach me my or...

show details Mar 12

show details Mar 12

Mar 13
    Mar 13

show details Mar 13

We thank you for your mail to us.

With reference to your mail we would like to inform you that your order is fully processed from our end. We request you that kindly wait for some days. We will dispatch it soon.

Please note your Membership number ITBC10311235 for your future references.

Warm Regards,

Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 1:26 PM

Hi I have't received my order, its getting too late. Regards Ashutosh

Mar 20

Mar 21
    Mar 21

show details Mar 21

We thank you for your mail to us.

With reference to your mail we would like to inform you that your order is under process from our end we request you that kindly wait for 1 week

you will receive the same soon.

Please note your Membership number ITBC10311614 for your future references.

Thanks & Warm Regards,

Richa

Executive Relations

Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2010 8:53 AM

Hi
    - Show quoted text -

I have't received my order, its getting too late.

Ashutosh Pachauri
    HI It is too bad that after one month also i have't got my order. Please canc...

Apr 8
    Response
    Dear Member, We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. With reference...

Apr 9 (13 days ago)
    Ashutosh Pachauri
    How much time it will take to get my money back?

Response
    Dear Member, We apologies for inconvenience cause to you. With reference to y...

to me

show details Apr 12 (9 days ago)

Dear Member,

We apologies for inconvenience cause to you.

With reference to your mail, we would like to inform you that your complaint has been forwarded to our concerned department. We will get back to you with positive response once we receive a revert from the same.

Assure you of our best possible services always.

We shall be happy to render any further assistance or clarification that you may require.

For further queries, please feel free to get back to us or Call us on our Helpline Number (011-40502424, 9:30 AM TO 6:30 PM, all 7 days) or write to us at:

INDIA TODAY BOOK CLUB

B-47 INDIRA ENCLAVE

NEB SARAI

NEW DELHI-110068

Jagriti

Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 6:54 AM

- Show quoted text -

How much time it will take to get my money back?

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 12:45 AM, Response <[protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com> wrote:

Dear Member,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

With reference to your mail we would like to inform you that we have forwarded your complain to our concerned department to arrange your refund. We request you to kindly wait for few days. We will do the needful soon.

We appreciate your patience and hope that you shall bear with us in the interim.

We value our customer and trust that you enjoy our products.

Request you to have faith in the company and we won’t let you down.

Your valuable association with India Today Book Club is prestigious for us.

Assure you of our best possible services always.

For further queries, please feel free to get back to us.

Or Call us on our Helpline Number (011-40502424) 9:30 AM TO 6:30 PM, all 7 days)

Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 8:48 PM

HI

It is too bad that after one month also i have't got my order.

Please cancel my order and refund the money to my account

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 5:06 AM, <[protected]@indiatodaybookclub.com> wrote:

Ashutosh Pachauri
    HI, i do not get my money back till now, what is this? How much time you will...

Apr 19 (2 days ago)

Apr 20 (2 days ago)
    Apr 20 (2 days ago)
    to me

show details Apr 20 (2 days ago)

Dear Member,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

With reference to your mail we would like to inform you that we have forwarded your complain to our concerned department on urgent basis. We request you to kindly wait for few days. We will do the needful soon.

We value our customer and trust that you enjoy our products.

Request you to have faith in the company and we won’t let you down.

Your valuable association with India Today Book Club is prestigious for us.

Assure you of our best possible services always.

For further queries, please feel free to get back to us.

• Rk
    India Today Book Club - Cheating
    India

After procuremnt of one item the Tele person called me up over telephone and intimated that you are shortfall of some points to be ranked in top ten and to be eligible for the surprised gift and lucky draw to be held today you can procure any one item out of the three described by him. Accordingly i procured one more item. Soon after that another call came and responded similarly and to be among top 5 I procured the third item. This is the story behind the procurement of three items.

Now I have the last word to say please arrange to pick up all the two delivered items from my residense and arrange to refund my money immediately.

I do not want any relation with India Today Book Club being the cheater company and it will be conveyed to all my dear ones not to procure any item from India Today Book Club online.

This is what i feel about the India Today Book Club.

Can u please forward the number of your managing Director or the Chairman of your company.

R K Jain