India Today Book Club / Paid for books but not received any

1 India Review updated:

I got a link through IndiaTodayGroup@irctc.co.IN .The offer was to Buy:

Bestsellers Books & CDs starting AT Re 1/-. I selected the ones I liked and then paid online as India Today is a well reputed Magazine and they have a book club. IRCTC is a railway online book site by the Govt. I got a catalog of India Book Club by mail, but never got the books. Not even an acknowledgment receipt. My credit statement shows the amount. They are obviously cheats and would advise all to beware of them.

Comments

• Ga
      10th of Jul, 2007

Me 2 Paid Rs. 699 and ordered books 2 weeks back, till now its not delivered, i'm worried, will it be delivered or not?

• Ro
      16th of Aug, 2007

I have recvd this mail, may I know what does this mean?? Is this a fraud mail?

You have just reached the final stage of winning Rs 15 lakh!

As an esteemed IRCTC member, you have been chosen to participate in INDIA TODAY Grand Prize Draw and win Rs. 15 lakh in cash.

You have already successfully cleared the initial two stages - the selection of participants and possible finalists and the assigning of your Personal Access Code. Now you are just a step away from winning Rs. 15, 00,000 in cash and up to 3 Mystery Gifts! All that is left now is the third and final phase: the selection of winners. And your chances of winning in this decisive stage depend completely on you.

Important: To enter the final stage, click on the button below. This offer is not transferable and is valid for a limited time period only. So, what are you waiting for, click now to win!

INDIA TODAY

P.S.- The faster you reply, the more you can win! Click here right now!

17th of Aug, 2007

I received this e-mail today and couldn't understand what it means:

P.S.- The faster you reply, the more you can win! Click here right now

17th of Aug, 2007

I think they have sent such mails in bulk. I also see following similar mail. Does any one have any idea what this mail means?

P.S.- The faster you reply, the more you can win! Click here right now

17th of Aug, 2007

Also I am not being able to open the link where they have asked to click. If any one is able to open the same please let me know what all information they are seeking in the link. Thanks.

• Di
      17th of Aug, 2007

It looks like a bulk emailer to everyone on registered with IRCTC.Though it doesn't seems like having an active link "Click Here " option.

• Pr
      18th of Aug, 2007

India Today wanna increase the number of subscribers. Only at the final stage of "The Grand Prize Draw" you'd discover that you've gotta subscriber at the "special price" of Rs. 780/- Only then you'd be eligible for the draw!

• Su
      26th of Aug, 2007

I am yet to receive the books which I had ordered on 22-07-07.

As per norms, I should have received the same within 2-3 weeks. But its over a month now, and I am yet to receive them.

• Ga
      3rd of Sep, 2007

I got this popup while browsing some site on internet. Saying order 3books (2bonus books free) and win a membership. I've ordered 3books and also selected 2 books as bonus books. I selected the mode of payment as cash. I received a parcel i paid instantly Rs. 500/- but found that there are only 3 books in it moreover i tried my membership ID on site but was unable to login. Moreover i am not able to recall from where I've ordered the package as it is a pop-up while browsing net. I hope sum1 can do something on this issue.

4th of Sep, 2007

I too had paid Rs 631 to india today book club using credit card. Even after almost a month i have not received any acknowledgement or the books so far. I got this link from irctc.co.in.
    I think i have been cheated. can anyone tell me what is the mode of complaint i can give .

• Vi
      4th of Sep, 2007

I got the mail from 123 greetings . from the link send by 123 greetings i ordered 6 books for Rs. 669 with my credit card debited on may 25,2007. I haven't received the books yet. moreover i am not able to get in touch with India today book club for the same as the nos are not validated. this is complete cheat. Can anybody help in tracing out my order.

• Ad
      11th of Sep, 2007

I have been wanting to place an order for couple of books since the past 1 month. Hence have been trying to call your office in Delhi but no luck. There is no answer on the number 011-64583745,64583692. Since i couldn't order the books over the phone, I mailed on response@indiatodaybookclub.com. Again i faced the same problem.

It is only because of India Today's reputation that i enrolled myself in this club. But till date the services provided have been really poor. Also i cannot log on with my membership no. into the site. Suggest anyone.

Regards,
    Aditi Antoorkar

17th of Sep, 2007

Hi All
    Even i have got the worn dilivery. I hvae been trying the telephone no. 64583745,64583692 given at their website and no one is responding. Lets go to consumer court togather and let India Today Group pay for the cheating they are doing with us.

• Gs
      18th of Sep, 2007

I have applied for India today book club through IRCTC mail and paid Rs. 631/- through ICICI bank credit card, transaction ref No 75176377211002922488393 on 29.07.07 credited to Living media India Ltd.

I was given a web number for enquiries; MITBC-WEB-2975226465.

Till date I have not received any free books /CDs and membership details.

Their help line phone numbers given on web site Phone: 011-64583692, 011 64583745 are not yet all answering. I am still waiting the dispatch of books CDS.

As the amount is credited to Living media India Ltd, an India Today company, I feel that they should either refund me the amount or dispatch tbe books. Otherwise consumer court will be approached.

• Mk
      18th of Sep, 2007

Is this club run by india today group ? How we can join hands to take a cobined action against this fraud and cheating.

21st of Sep, 2007

I've also received an e-mail from irctcpromotions@irctc.co.in. I trusted the site and subscribed for 2 sets of CDs(15 of them: 6 for Encyclopedia Britanica and 9 collection of classical music) for Rs. 1740/- on 20-09-07.

I've trusted the site as 1st the mail notification I received, was from Indian Railways and 2nd because of India Today's reputation. After reading the compaints I also tried to call the nos 011-64583745,64583692, but in vain.

I've only received the order confirmation.

I feel jittery now. I'll update if there is any further development.

• Yk
      17th of Jan, 2008

Who is this Sameer Gupta, Prize Draw Manager, INDIA TODAY
    Could anyone tried to contact this fellow. Thanks to all...i saved 750 rs. I was about to pay.

23rd of Jan, 2008

Dear,
    I have got some final documents for india today grand cash prize drawn on 22nd of january,2008,But i haven't any information about this drawn. I was done every steps properly i want to know what will happend on the drawn on 22nd of january,2008. please tell me.

Thanks,
    Redgs.
    Rajani kant,
    9903188932.

23rd of Jan, 2008

dear,
    I want to know who is the winner in this year grand prize game?drawn on 22nd of january,2008.

Rajani Kant.

• Gi
      29th of Jan, 2008

Dear All,

Please give the information about the draw or the details from were can track the list of winners.

Giyas.