India Post MIS / Non-receipt of MIS claim by nominee after expiry of account holder
March 28, 2008
The Post Master General,
Kolkata-700 073 Sub: Non-receipt of MIS claim by nominee after expiry of account holder.
Ref: MIS A/C No: 31695 (opened on 16.01.2002) of Late Usha Ghosh
at Kankurgachi P.O. Kol-700 054
This is to bring to your notice the harassment faced by the undersigned, nominee and sole claimant of the above MIS in realizing the claim.
The claim application was submitted at Kankurgachi Post Office on 1.1.2008 and necessary verification of original death certificate, nominee identity etc was completed on 24.02.2008(i.e. after more than 6 weeks!). Yet the undersigned was called vide letter ref. no. D2-521/02/07-08 dtd. 01/03/08 to visit Beliaghata Post Office with mother’s original death certificate and the same procedure which was already completed at Kankutgachi P.O. on 24.02.08 was followed again. A number of visits to the Beliagaha Post Office and meeting the Post Master on two occasions to expedite the matter has not borne any result. The post master does not entertain discussing such matters over phone. He insists on a personal visit or a reminder by letter.
To be more specific: when the Post Master was requested over phone on 26/03/08 to expedite the matter he did remember the case (an effect of past follow ups) and advised to call him again on 27th. to know the position. On 27th he insisted on a personal visit to the post office or send him a reminder to that effect. He was, in fact, very rude over phone.
Even when one considers pressure of work or shortage of staff at the Post Offices; such lackadaisical attitude towards customer service cannot be condoned.
Prabir Kumar Ghosh.
Son of Late Usha Ghosh.
108/7 Manicktola Main Rd.
Flat No L/92. Kol-700054
Contact nos: L-[protected], M-[protected]
More India Post MIS Complaints & Reviews
- EMS Speed Post - Mumbai, India - Parcel not delivered 
- Indian Postal Services / EMS Speed Post-EHO 12713468IN - Poor service! 
- Speed Post By Government Of India - Package delivery problem! 
- Indian Postal service - Undelivery of Parcel from Saudi Arabia 
- Indian Postal and Customs Department - Non delivery of Registered Parcel from US 
- India Post / Department Of Posts - not delivering parcel
- India Post / Department Of Posts - Delay in delivery of speed post
- Indian Post Office - Delivery of speed post
- India Post - Article got Stolen
- Indian Post - Claim amount not received yet