Index Fiancial Services / Scam

My elderly father received notice of being a winner in the second catagory of the USA MEGA (under the international Sweepstake)drawing.His lucky numbers [protected] won him 450, 000.00 Enclosed with the letter was a check made to my father in the sum of 4800.00 to help pay the taxes to the claim agent, the letter states he must call the claim agent first to start process.The notification letter comes from Canada, and the check claims to be from Chase Manhattan Bank in Brooklyn NY. and is using the company PTM Management Corp. of Jamaica NY.
These people have been calling my house, asking for my father, for over a year now.
They want my father to send money via western union. This check he received for the AGENT today has a signature that cannot be read. When I do not let them talk to him they hang up on me and call my house several times a day. When I asked them for an identification number, name of their company, or anything to identify themselves they called me a [censored]b****!!!
I now have more information on them and plan on filing complaints for this harassment to stop.

Ad

Comments

• Uc
      23rd of Nov, 2010

My elderly father received notice of being a winner in the second catagory of the USA MEGA (under the international Sweepstake)drawing.His lucky numbers 11-25-31-37-49 won him 450, 000.00 Enclosed with the letter was a check made to my father in the sum of 4800.00 to help pay the taxes to the claim agent, the letter states he must call the claim agent first to start process.The notification letter comes from Canada, and the check claims to be from Chase Manhattan Bank in Brooklyn NY. and is using the company PTM Management Corp. of Jamaica NY.