Independent Producers of America / SCAM RECRUITERS
IPA's recruiting practices are criminal! I should know - I helped design them -
I have sat idly by and remained silent as we encouraged Regionals to lie and put more people in financial ruin - if you have found this board after interviewing with IPA - then you need to ask 2 very simple questions that will determine if the Region you inteviewed with was lying to you:
1) Is my PAYCHECK a LOAN that I pay interest on and have to repay the company?
2) What was your 1099 income last year?
I am a National Vice President for IPA - there is not one sigle Regional who has made over $120, 000 with this company - and I see the pay checks. In fact, most Regionals can barely pay their own bills, and the income they earn comes from recruiting (the $285 fee you are charged when you are contracted). Most Regional income is from recruiting, not Insurance sales.
Ask the Regional who interviewed you what their DUE COMPANY is (the amount they have to repay the company) and if they tell you the truth - you will be shocked. On average - a Regional will owe over $150, 000 plus interest to IPA. A good agent can expect a Due company of over $40, 000 after their first year - meaning you will owe everything IPA "advanced" you - plus a compounding 1.25% interest per month - that is 17% per year (or credit card debt).
I helped create an environmnt where agents could earn a living, but I am telling you that it won't happen - I have to do what I do on a daily basis to pay the bills - and I am stuck in a CAPTIVE agent contract that would cost me HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS TO LEAVE!
Keep your money - look for work elsewhere - if you want to be involved with insurance, pick a name brand company that can outlast the next few years - the economy is too harsh for a new company like IPA to succeed - we are overpriced (because we just don't have enough business) and our product portfolio is too small.
National VP, IPA
More Independent Producers of America Complaints & Reviews
- Independent Producers of America - Scam 
- IPA (Independent Producers of America) - SCAM 
- Independent Producers of America - HOGWASH 
- Independent Producers of America - Scam interview 
- Independent Producers of America, IPA, ABBA - Under Investigation - BEWARE 
- Independent Producers of America [IPA] - They say the the $285 is to &park& your license, they don't tell you it is nonrefundable, they never even gave me a receipt
- Independent Producers of America - Avoid these scam at all costs