Independence Plus Platinum Membership / Unauthorized bank withdrawals on a credit card never received or used

I applied for a credit card, gave my bank account #, didn't hear anything else, till my bank statement stated that independence plus platinum withdrew fees from my bank account. i did not receive a credit card and did not charge anything to this card. This has happened 4 times. Is there anything i can do to get my money back? I cannot find a phone # or website to talk to these people without giving a bank account #, and that's not happening.

Comments

• Ke
      11th of Dec, 2007

THEY DID THE SAME TO ME. THEIR BANK IS HUTINGTON NAtional bank in ohio. the banks ach dept. number is 614-331-8590. first, go to your bank and they should reverse the charges, print out the articles from the computer. if you google the name aec fbo independence platinum membership, there will be many complaints about this scam. that should be enough to get your bank to reverse the charges. the only phone where you can leave a message for this scam is in las vegas--702-989-8968. i called about 50 times and left some real nasty messages. eventually someone called back from a blocked number. feel free to tell the worm where to go, it felt good. but, try your bank first and then contact their bank in ohio. enough complaints and maybe their account will be closed by the bank.

• Yv
      13th of Dec, 2007

The same thing has happened to me I applied for an Onyx Card. After filling out all the info I was told that they could not accept my application at this time because to many people had already applied. I thought that to be strange so I began deleting my info. But apparently it was too late. I checked my bank account to find that $17.95 had been taken from my account. It was in the form of a check made out to AEC FBO Platinum Membership. First thing tomorrow I'm going to my bank and getting this handled.

• Su
      17th of Dec, 2007

I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS COMPANY AND WAS
    VERY UPSET WHEN I RECEIVED MY BANK NOTICE THAT THEY HAD DEDUCTED MY CHECKING ACCOUNT FOR $ 17.95 TWICE. THERE NEEDS TO BE SOMETHING DONE ABOUT THIS, BUT MY BANK REPRESENTATIVE AND I NEITHER ONE COULD GET THRU TO ANYONE AT THE NUMBERE ON THEIR CHECK THAT THEY PRESENTED TO MY BANK... WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE???

• Je
      19th of Dec, 2007

Why doesn't someone here that has HAD a fraudulent association/situation/scam involving credit card unauthorized deductions get in touch with the Atty. General in the State these ###s are doing business? I had the same crap with a company in Sacramento, CA and if you google Res-Com Environmental - you will see what I mean. These lower than whale ### people know how to manipulate the legal process until the red flags strt popping up & then they dissapear - with our $$$.

JDS.

• To
      3rd of Jan, 2008

The same thing here,I was also charged 2 times on two seperate dates and I was able to contact the company through some online chat after going to the website.Since it was a chat text I was able to save that conversation to my email where the Manager said that I would be given a refund but that a seperate check had to be mailed in about 4 to 6 weeks.Now I know that if somone can debit your account then they can also give a credit back to that account,when I pressed the supposed manager why the seperate check, Why the company couldn't give me a credit I was hung up on,So I went back to the website logged in went to customer service chat and My ist line of chat was " I'm not going away,You can try to put me off,but until I get an answer to who you are,how you got my info,and where is my authorization for you to debit my account,I was text back "Your account has been canceled and a refund will be mailed to you,God Day Sir."I responded with "You are obviously not a legitemate company and You haven't heard the last from me."We will just have to see what we will see,Won't we." Thank all you guys for the previous complaint,It helped me to make mine.God Luck Everyone.

• Co
      4th of Feb, 2008

I NEED NUMBER TO CALL PEOPLE ABOUT MY INDEPENDENCE PLUS PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP THIS NO. JUST TELL'S ME TO VISIT THIS WEB SITE I NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE

5th of Feb, 2008

the same thing here happen to me . What can I do to stop them from taking money out my account. I didnt authorized them to take money out.

• Sh
      7th of Feb, 2008

why would you give them your bank acct number? If they're offering you a CC they can look up that info themselves when they run your credit check. Never give anyone those numbers.....

9th of Mar, 2008

i did not give them mybank account i donot no how you get my account number but i no i did not give it to you

5th of Apr, 2008

I see all these people with $17 charges and here I am with a debit transaction on my bank account for $770.59 -- I called and the message said they'd call me back within an hour and that was 6 hours ago and still nothing. I'm putting in a dispute with my bank at this time... last time something like this happened WaMu was completely worthless.

• Oc
      31st of Jul, 2008

This is NOT a credit card. It is a line of credit for purchase of merchandise on the first platinum website. It clearly states in the fine print of the offer that they will debit your account.

The lesson here is to ALWAYS read the fine print under terms and conditions. Also, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

5th of Oct, 2009
    independence plus platinum membership - i am being charged without purchasing any product
    Denise Mallea
    1515 rio grande dr 3 1612
    Plano
    Phone: 214-868-0698

I would like a superior to contact me to explain why I am being charged $14.95 per month i do not have a independence plus account!!
    PLease contact me emidiately.
    denide mallea

• Sh
      29th of Jun, 2010

I was ripped off for more than $200.00. They kept writing checks against my account for a week. I didn't realize this was happening until I went to the store and found out I was overdrawn. I think we need a class action law suit. I am going to look into it tomorrow. I am also reporting them to my local police and whoever else should know about them in order to stop them. I don't know if what they are doing is legal but is it certainly immoral. I am LIVID!!!

16th of Jul, 2010

My thoughts on Independence Plus Platinum Membership: SVM INC. Who are they? They have been ripping me off for three years. $14.95 at a time. Many bank withdrawls of 14.95 a day, up to six times a day. This person gotta be on crack or something. My bank said the local authorities couldn't do anything. Come on people. "I have to know that *&*$#%@ respected the queen"

• Of
      27th of Nov, 2012

This number recently came up in a report of identity theft. Someone was claiming my wife owned a business which she doesn't and was looking to establish credit using some of her personal data. Not sure where it comes in yet but we're filing a police report in the morning.