Incline Health / Charged me $149.90 without my authorization

After purchasing a 30-day trial supply of an Acai Berry Dietary supplement at $7.95, the company charged me $149.90 for a continuing membership that was not mentioned in the pop-up window where the initial order of $7.95 was placed. I advise all similarly affected consumers to contact and file a complain with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at www.ftc.gov. This is an example of something that falls under the Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices law (enforced by the FTC). Additionally, I recommend filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) in St. Louis for this company. I've also contacted the State's Attorney General's Office where I reside.

Ri

Comments

• Ka
      12th of Mar, 2009

I totally agree, it is a scam, a rip-off and the product is a bogus, I would rather buy acai berry juice.
    They say it is a 30 day trial period but they would charge your card 15 days after you place the order, not even from the day you receive it, and the best part is the would not refund a single dime from any charges posted to your credit card. Too bad for me, I was scamed, Very dishonest wesite. PLEASE AVOID.

• Ca
      17th of Mar, 2009

Same thing here. I ordered a trial for $6.95 only to find out the extra ingredients I can't take . Then they charge me $79.95 without sending me anything else or ask my permission or credit me back. Big scam WATCH OUT!!!

• Fr
      24th of Mar, 2009
    Incline Health - Acai Fuel
    Incline Health
    inclinehealth.com

Company is a scam. Product made me sick and when I called to cancel they had already charged me $80 for the free trial offer. DO NOT GET ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. Take my advice and steer clear from this offer. It's just another way for the greedy to make a profit.

• Co
      24th of Mar, 2009

this company is a fat scam just like those damn Nigerian emails. i too paid the 7 usd. and then was hit with the 79.99 usd. yall may have got me this time, but in the end i'll be the one laughing as your stupid ### sitss in prison. EVERYONE AVOID . SPREAD THE WORD.

• Zi
      31st of Mar, 2009

Is this for real, or another scam? Because I sent my "trial order" back for a refund last month. I was promised a refund, but another charge of $29.95 was charged to my credit card! I was charged for the trial bottle even before I had a chance to say I didn't want to use the product, within 2 weeks of receiving my order. Who do I call or write in order to stop Incline Health from future charges to my account?

Ziva

1st of Apr, 2009

same here. Over charged me $80.00 Yes a scam.

6th of Apr, 2009

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM. NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY.
    THEY SAID THAT IT WAS PRINTED CLEARLY and SAID THAT WE HAD AN AGREEMENT WITH THEM. THAT AGREEMENT NEVER HAPPEN. NOTHING IS PRINTED CLEARLY, THEY NEVER HAD US SIGN ANYTHING.
    They charged me 79.99, and the Manager (I wish I can say her name here)
    is very impolite, she just told me that since I already had the product, I should try it and hang up the phone.
    WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• Mo
      7th of Apr, 2009

i agree the guy i talked to name was steve and he just hung up but i am calling him back.

• Br
      19th of Apr, 2009

The same thing happened to me; Free Trial Acai Berry & Colon Flash - just pay shipping cost of $4.95 each bottle... the next time I checked my credit card - they charged me for $78.99 per bottle... I did not order nor sign anything from them I just signed up for this free trial and they told me "I signed as a member"... I was really mad and they refunded me for $30.00 each bottle... I told them to remove me from their list... this Company is a BIG CHEATER !!!

24th of Apr, 2009

What poor customer service… they said that I ordered something from them and it was my fault that I did not receive product. When I called because they charged my account they said I should track down the product and call them back to request a refund. OMG I can’t believe this company- what a scam!!!

• Jc
      28th of Apr, 2009

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME TOO!!! After I purchase the Acai Berry free trail I was just thinking of trying it first. But then not long after they charge me $79.99 and with another two different payment which I've never seen before and when I started to check where the payments coming from they said that it comes with the diet pills that I've purchased. DJM*LIFSTYLEFIT.COM, PAY-CJPBILL.COM, and INCLINECS.COM all charge me money without letting me know what I've bought in their website. Also when I search for these websites I can't find it either!! They charged me altogether of $141.06. Before I've paid for the payment in DJM*LIFSTYLEFIT.COM which is $29.94+$1.17 cause I did find this web and the person in that web told me that it comes with the Acai Berry that I bought so I was like ok. But when I think back now. Are they supposed to do this? Cause they've never let me know in any other payment except the really small words on the bottom of the Acai page where it said that $79.99 will be charged if I continue to use this product. But I've never think of other unknown payments to be charged too. Now the other two unknown payment is offically charged into my credit account. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO STOP THIS PAYMENT? I DON'T WANNA PAY FOR THESE PRODUCTS!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!

• Lo
      29th of Apr, 2009
    Incline Health - kept sending and charging for unwanted goods
    Incline Health
    423 Bussen Underground Rd
    st Louis
    Phone: 1-800-790-7456
    incline-health.com

I signed up for a trial order. I was not in the United States when it arrived. Without my knowledge they kept sending me more goods and kept charging my account. They wont take the goods back and they wont inform me of the owners of the company or the CEO. I can only speak to a call centre.

• Cl
      30th of Apr, 2009

SCAM all the way!!! not only did they charge me $79.99 plus $29.99 plus $1.17 saying i approved the terms and conditions. SHOCKING THAT THIS IS LEGAL -I called and they just kept saying you agreed to the terms and conditions over and over again. I absolutely DID NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS

SCAM

• Re
      30th of Apr, 2009

Yup, same thing here. I asked the lady (a supposed supervisor) I talked to if it was any fun having her job because I KNOW all day long she has many people that she has to lie and cheat and have not a care for anyone? I told her I hope that one day she will find an honest job that she can go to to make money to bring home to her family, I STRESS HONEST . Someone that works there has to have no conscience or any feelings for anyone...I sure hope they aren't church going individuals because they are cheats and fraud! I am praying my credit card will pull through and let me write the charge off as a scam and fraud. As far as I remember I was only asking them to send me a free trial and I would only need to pay the shipping charge, somehow, someway they are scamming us and sneaking something in there to say it was okay to charge more but I still haven't found where that happened. I always tell my little ones when people do bad things that it will come back to them someway, somehow, someday. God will take care of the dishonest bad people in the world! Hope he gets these ones good, scammers, cheats and fraudsters!! God bless that poor lady that I talked to for a long time that refused to let me talk to anyone above her...give out a name of a person in charge...they must pay her good, reallllly realllllly good money to be a liar and a cheater! Guess this recession is pushing people into working anywhere to make money to support their families, but no no way would I ever stoop that low to earn an unhonest dollar. I would rather live on the streets...Guess the jokes on me:) Charma, soon the joke will will bite them right on the ###!

• Jc
      1st of May, 2009

But then can we just like not pay the fees that they're charging us? I've been charged for like $100 something and some of them I've already paid before. And now some other one is charging me and this time I am going to let it stay there. I was thinking about talking to the bank where I open my credit card and ask them for solution but then it seems like I am the one that's ordering the product and they charge me is something that they're supposed to do. But then I think that they're charging me way too much and some fees are unauthorized from me cause they're never send me any e-mail after I order the free trail. What should I do?

• Bi
      2nd of May, 2009

regarding this scam and after reading the complaints, i called my credit comapny who cancelled my card and will send me a new one with a new number thereby not allowing the incline health any further authorization. if they try to bill that old credit card number it will be rejectedthus saving me any further pproblems with incline health. Suggest you try it notifiying the credit card company you were scammed. Good Luck

• Pa
      19th of May, 2009

I too ordered and didn't even get the 15 days trial at all, my card was charged before the 15 day so that prompted me to cancel. When I did try it was a Saturday and they aren't open so I called right away on Monday and spoke with some lady named Narine, she said sorry you should read the terms and conditions and that I called 2 days too late so therefore I would not get a refund. In the meantime, I have beeen charged 29.95 for some fitfactory, I don't recall reading about this at all when I initially ordered. Anyway, bottom line this company is a rip. I don't know how people can work in a place like that knowing what they are doing is wrong.

DON'T ORDER FROM THEM

423 Bussen Underground rd
    Saint Louis
    Phone: 800-790-7456
    incline-health.com

I ordered a free trial of Acai Fuel Extream products and within days my credit card was charged for 79.99 without my knowledge. When i try to dispute the charge with Incline, they said nothing can be done, go through your credit card company. They provided me with a cancellation # but I have to keep checking that its indeed cancelled. what a rip off!!

• Cs
      24th of Jul, 2009

Total scam and going through the same exercise as well. Dispute the charge with your credit card company, file complaints with FTC, BBB and MO Attorney General's office. Co's like this should be put out of business! The fact that they add another service, Fitness Factory, on top of things when most people are clearly after the product trial is extremely deceptive and have to be a violation. They provide no e-mail confirmation which is also likely a violation. Big-time ripoff!

• Cs
      24th of Jul, 2009

Total scam and should be avoided like the plague! Would not reverse the charges and trying to dispute with the bank. Will report to MO AG office, BBB and FTC. Have to believe that by providing no e-mail confirmation, adding on a service that I have no interest in and hiding many other facts are a clear violation and highly deceptive. Bad company!