In-Store Innovations / false advertising

1 Hartford, CT, United States Review updated:

BEWARE:
In-Store Innovations (aka Smart-Circle)
Smart Circle has sprung up in Hartford, CT. If you are job hunting they are posting an entry level marketing job with $35K to $45K base pay on CareerBuilder and Indeed. This job is 100% commission with NO BASE PAY. You will stand in a Sam's Club and sell Direct TV products for commision. If that's what you are into, be a part of the cattle call and meet with John Vicchitto. Long hours and low pay are in your future. So is the office's inevitable closing like all the others. Yes, the Smart Circle works with real clients; real clients in real trouble like DirectTV whose earnings are down:
The company gets away with what they do because when you offer 100% commission you don't legally have to pay minimum wage. There will be weeks where you make very little profit and you will made to hound shoppers into making a purchase because you are so deperate to make money. Check out the company on the /link removed/ and you will find plenty of reasons not to send in your resume. To those of you currently woking for the company... I've been where you are and know the hard work and promises of vast fortunes. Sorry, it is a pipedream.

Comments

5th of Jan, 2011

The company is actually a good company to work for. I enjoy working here and the amount posted in the ad is correct, not as base only but base with commission. Not sure why this person is so mad about Smart Circle but I enjoy my job and encourage anyone interested in promotional marketing or sales to check it out. Every company has someone to complain obviously but don;t let this one person ruin your chance for a good job!

• Ha
      7th of Jan, 2011

I LOVE MY JOB! :) I've been working at in store for about two months now and I can def say this is what I want to do. I'm actually changing my major from sociology to business management because of what I'm learning here. John is a really cool guy who likes to have fun but also is tough when he needs to be. He's taught me a lot about sales and people and I'm proud to call him my boss. As far as pay goes john is def fair. We get paid $100 an install and john will even throw in a few bonuses in there to help us out. Don't let this fool up top detract you, at in store you will have a blast. We're all very competitive people so if you're a 9-5er don't apply, you're not worth our time.
    Oh and if you think directv sales are down, try copying and pasting a link from 2011, NOT 2008. LOL!

• Bi
      14th of Jan, 2011

Haha! Thanks Haaaaaartford! I posted the wrong article link. Here's the correct one:
    I'm not angry or a fool. Just want to make sure people know what they are getting into. Glad things are going well for you so far.