IMVU / imvu

1 Robbinsdale, MN, United States Review updated:

I think that imvu is a waste of time.I think the game is completley unfair.They dont give you any credits.They lie about what you can do to get them.And I think the people on there are disrespectful.They are always cuesing.And alot of people on there are stuck up.And they dont know how to act respectful.I think that the people who created this game are stupid.There whole company should shut down.This imvu game sucks.It is the worst online game that I have ever played.I will not suggest this game to my friends.And I will never play this game again!

Comments

• Im
      24th of Apr, 2012

My husband was on imvu. the roll playing got out of hand and mow we are getting a divorce because of him & his partner took things to far so ladies and men if you have a spouse that is playing this game look and see what is going on you will see thing and hear thing that goes on in this roll playing that will make you sick and if they have a camera on their computer get ride of it. this game destoryed a 34yr. marriage.

25th of Apr, 2012

imvu hater, that could have happened with anything. any game could have been the rp location.

• Wr
      1st of Jun, 2012

My current avatar (WrathsKasmira) has been on IMVU since 01/07/2010 and I had my first one (i forgot the name) since like back in 2006-2008 somewhere in that time frame. I have Access Pass and have been an on and off customer of VIP status. I have spent a few hundred dollars here and there on IMVU credits during my stay. Although, reading all of the complaints, I am humored. For one, IMVU is not really a "game". It is a chat 3D chat client experience. There will always be childish, whiny, perverted, and ignorant people on ANY chat client, not just IMVU... I've checked out A LOT of chat clients, including Voodoo Chat, Yahoo Chat, MSN, AIM, Second Life, Red Light District, Ooovoo and much more. There are unfortunately people like that everywhere. It is not a requirement for you to invest in IMVU, you can simply chat for free without all of the extras. As far as the complaints go about people's accounts disappearing, I have not had any issues with that so I cannot comment on other people's problems with losing avatars and merchandise. I have left IMVU for months on end for personal reasons going on in my real life, came back and logged back in with no problems. I don't have viruses from the client though the only "issue" it may cause is the lags and errors, but I am using it currently on a low-grade laptop. It works perfectly fine on my desktop. I do have an issue with a few products that I purchased a while back that apparently do not work anymore and I cannot use, and feel I should receive my credit back for those items, but its whatever. Learn to read the TOS of a product and or service before you sign up. Allow me to slip a few excerpts that I see in BIG BOLD PRINT in the TOS:

IMVU, FOR ITSELF AND ITS LICENSORS, MAKES NO EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR GUARANTEES IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE, THE PRODUCTS, ANY MATERIALS, SUBMISSIONS OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT, RELATING TO THE QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL CONTAINED OR PRESENTED ON THIS SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE MATERIALS, THE THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND THE SUBMISSIONS OF OTHER USERS OF THIS SITE. UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPLICITLY STATED, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THIS SITE, MATERIALS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT, SUBMISSIONS, AND ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL CONTAINED OR PRESENTED ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS, " "AS AVAILABLE" AND "WHERE-IS" BASIS WITH NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. IMVU DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTIES AGAINST VIRUSES, SPYWARE OR MALWARE THAT MAY BE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER.

Limitation of Liability

NEITHER IMVU NOR ITS LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR USING, DISPLAYING, COPYING, OR DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIALS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT OR SUBMISSIONS TO OR FROM THIS SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL IMVU OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR HEALTH OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, EXTRAORDINARY, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) HOWEVER ARISING, EVEN IF IMVU OR ITS LICENSORS KNOW THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

And when you want to submit an accurate and liable complaint, please learn to do so with proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and language. If anyone looks "childish" right now, its you. If you do not like the service, simply don't use it. Thank you IMVU for your wonderful experience you have provided.

• El
      2nd of Jun, 2012

Imvu is filled with evil users who even put spells on other people. This is real folks, evil is real and even online people will try to mess with your life, it may seen these are just funny avatars standing there and talking in bubbles, but their energy and intentions can still be directed through your computer to harm you. Check this out, I am a christian and I go to an imvu online church to find other Christians there, at first it looked pretty decent with a real pastor, preaching, reading the bible and everything, and making actual friends there, then the pastor never came back again some shady people started to show up and mess with everybody. There are a lot of satanists, pagans and all sort of cult following people whom are not confused teenagers trying to shock people, but fully grown up 30' s and 40's somethings that hate you and hate god too. At first I thought nothing bad, but then I started to experience paranormal stuff at home and horrible nightmares and even someone from this church told me that she had put something on me while i was in this particular chatroom. Now, I don't believe in the power of spells or witchcraft, but that person didn't have good intentions at all, and we never even fight or anything, we were nice to each other the whole time but I also did felt that she was deep into demonic stuff judging by all the crazy things she listed on her homepage. I am truly putting my walls up online and decided to delete my account forever.

Imvu overall is very unregulated, it doesn't give you the credits it promises, it gives you trojans and malaware if you do the offers and the clothing is pretty slutty to me. I always had a hard time finding decent clothing because everything seems designed for a prostitute, because essentially imvu feels like a sex chat, so it's no wonder that is all you get for clothing. I don't recommend imvu for sane people looking for real friends.

7th of Jun, 2012

ElsaSalsa, the things you speak of can be scientificaly explained. so far from what i know power of curses and spells only work if you belive in them.
    paranormal activity? well check your house. do you have a high emf field in the area of 1.0+? did you recently renovate a home that someone died in the past in?
    as for trojans imvu has stated in the tos it does not have trojens or viruses and you by accepting tos dont hold them responsible for 3rd party stuff.

• Pe
      1st of Aug, 2012

Wow, no wonder a lot of people don't hack it on IMVU, they can't spell. If we can't understand what your trying to say, then yes, we will stick our noses up, out of frustration. And spells?? Seriously, you are feeding into unnecessary fear of those who practice witchcraft. So, as a witch let me explain something to you about many of our beliefs. NO ONE CAN PLACE A SPELL OR CURSE ON YOU WITHOUT YOUR EXPRESS PERMISSION NOR CAN ONE BE PLACED THAT WOULD INFRINGE UPON YOURS OR ANYONE ELSE'S FREE WILL! Now if you will kindly quit spreading the Christian lies based from a book written by men who claim divine influence just like every other author of religious text of every single religion in the world. Plus, the authors didn't even live at the same time, they kept adding to it through a span of centuries, often creating quite a bit of confusion and contradiction. As for IMVU, if you don't like it, simply don't play it. I have had no problem with viruses, so sounds like you are clicking random links which is a big no no. If someone in a room posts a link or emails a link and you don't know that person, don't click it. Its common sense.

1st of Aug, 2012

Persephone21. AYE MEN. i stoped watching my emails for how silly these complaints are. they are so funny i almost fall out of my chair reading them. oh you got a virus from imvu? did you CLICK A VIRUS PAGE?

• Ti
      13th of Oct, 2012

we crashed in alababma area and it says imvu not responding or internet connection is not responding this has been going on for HOURS now there not even tring to fix it nothing but our internet pulls up EVERYTHING BUT IMVU SO I FEEL ITS IMVU NOT OR INTERNET I CAN GET ON FACEBOOK AND YOUTUBE AND ANY OTHER INTERNET WEB PAGE BUT NOT IMVU SO ITS NOT MY INTERNET CONNECTION TAKE YOUR OWN BLAME AND STOP BLAMING THE INTERNET CONNECTION AND START FIXING PROBLEMS WHEN THEY ARE REPORTED IT IS SAYING ERROR 10060 FIX IT .IN BIRMINGHAM, CLANTON, MONTGOMERY ALABAMA AREA

• Ac
      8th of Nov, 2012

I actually enjoy this game. The reason I am complaining because I spent hundreds of dollars on them on my account (which is a guy), and they take the money from my bank account, but they do not give me what I ordered. Instead, I get a message saying "your order will be sent for a specialist to confirm your order. It will be 1-2 business days". If i do the same order on my female friends' accounts, no problem.

• Im
      19th of Nov, 2012

Imvu is not to blame for the experiences that I had. Its the people on there. They are so ###ing disrespectful and just straight up messy. I was with this guy on imvu for 5 months. Eeveryday we talked and got close he got my number I got his I know how he looks where he stays and he knows about me also. I found out yesturday that the ### was cheating on me with his real life girlfriend of course. I was so stupid but of course I got emotionally attached to a cartoon character omg silly me. But people dont take what they say seriously behind the screen. People have feelings and are very sensitive like me. I knew I should not have done it but I did and that really hurt me. But thats what you get when you fall in love online with someone you barely even know. I like imvu I like to shop on there and talk to certain people and dress up but just dont get close to people because it will make you not want to get on anymore. It doesnt give your computer a virus because first of all you should download the right version when you sign up duhh. But overall my experience has been bad but I just like to shop and talk to a few people. You have to find the right kind of people to hang around and talk to because all they do on there is role play, talk ###, post fake ### pictures of theirself from google or use their sister or brother or cousin friend picture its just that you cant believe anything anyone says online. I learned the hard way talking to a man that said he loved me for 5 ###ing months talking about he want to meet in real life and I was so serious but he wasnt. So just be careful what you say to people and just try not to tell all your personal business and just dont be disrespectful because its a game but the people some people behind the screen is very sensitive.

• Mi
      11th of Aug, 2013

My acc MissLadyGarland was hacked and im trying to get it bck

• Vo
      26th of Oct, 2013

first of all

• Vo
      26th of Oct, 2013

first off all IMVU can be dumb some times . i had got disabled for PayMent Fraud soo this keep saying, I apologize but in order for us to reactivate your account, you have to please settle these fees through PayPal by sending it to sales@imvu.com. Please reply to this ticket with the unique transaction ID once the payment has been completed. First of all Gelyn i dont have a damn credit card and plus a paypal . so what the ### i do like forreal . -_-

29th of Oct, 2013

TINA GOINS, this is actualy much simpiler a answer then most of these silly complaints. the server [not imvu server] that connects to imvu from where you are route is damaged somewhere along the line to the server. yet it can get other sites. just wait a while and it will be fixed. this happend to me and i found out my server was in dc that i link to one of my sites. it went down so i had to wait for that server to be restored before my link to the site was reestablished.

• Zi
      12th of Dec, 2013

Im a big cry Baby, I tried to cheat on IMVU, and I caused all kinds of trouble trolling rooms constantly. And being a big pain in the ### mostly. So I logged in and my acct has been disabled just because I was using the F word repeatedly and calling Muslims Terrorist in their rooms. Now I ask you is this any reason to Disable my acct?
    I think ill sue IMVU because Im an idiot that thinks I can do that, even though it was my fault.
    Ill just cry and ### on here until my 2 weeks are up and I can get my acct back.
    Have a rotten day whiners!

12th of Dec, 2013

Zippy that is one of the first level headed comments I have seen here(opinion) yet. As for you block, sounds like you found a dcma hole that you didn't see and violated. The imvu staff is very supportive of customers (last I spoke to them a month ago).

• 99
      1st of Feb, 2014

I have it, I don't hate the site. I do however hate the moderators, if you are not a paid member they single you out and any report made on you they put it all on you. I see they cal and "Investigation" how much money you have on your account.Also none of the credit games work at all, unless working is giving you a virus, and I notice none of the question boards even let you on telling me they have there own people as questions then leave a reply and say YAY! everything worked thanks allot or it didn't work got another idea? THEN the other idea works. I say this because my youtube player is crashing my whole chat all of the sudden, I google it and get their forums. I log in but can't GET logged in, try everything said to try including a download patch and still the same problems. Everyone is right about the people too, I mean I swear depending on the crowd but it is a rude holier then thou group of people for the most part but that's like all sites out there pretty much, I been on allot of them. They don't want to help, they just want to post a bunch of answers and pretend their helping but like a cowboy they just want to fire a bunch of shots and hope they hit some thing, they don't want to have anything to do with the users though. The site it's self is great but the staff are stuck up loser's and they use a great concept as a cash cow. Their unhelpful, their forums are not forums at all and if you have a problem chances are any answers you can scavenge will most likely not do anything for you. I have been sending the crash report for over a week nothing, I updated the flash, nothing, uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing, deleted files they said to delete, nothing again.

I did everything I could find and the answer just came up to Nothing, you are screwed deal with it.

All it is, is a site to force you to get their cards to make them money and to see something you like from the creators who are often real cloths and furniture designers and to buy their products and that is it.

A cash COW

4th of Feb, 2014

@ 99ways2die,

wow so much to correct here.
    1. log in
    a. did you type user name/password correctly?
    b. are you using a legal program?[no third party]?
    c.are you logging into the imvu webpage?
    d. did you try the webpage?
    if you answered yes to all of these then ether you typed your name and password wrong, you been hacked, or your trying to hack someone else.

2. "Also none of the credit games work at all, unless working is giving you a virus"
    a. this is just funny, there is no possible way for imvu to give you a virus. read their TOS, they check their stuff hourly for viruses. If you go to a 3rd party webpage, fake webpage, or a known infected page you get infected.

3. "I say this because my youtube player is crashing my whole chat all of the sudden, ... a download patch and still the same problems."
    a. simple answer, check your system specs vs imvu recommended specs. this is always important for any program. in fact i just logged in my non paid account and it works fine. i check my specs before any patch and im above what they want.

if this makes you mad*shrugs* then maby you should try another program.

4. "the creators who are often real cloths and furniture designers and to buy their products and that is it. "

a. news to me most of my friends are not cloths and furniture.

• As
      16th of Mar, 2014

Why would one want to pay for a ridiculously overpriced GAME rather than spending their money on self-beneficiary items. It's just an online character. Know the line between real life and fantasy games. .-.

17th of Mar, 2014

@ Asking Alexandria - actualy IMVU is free to use. if you want the add ons like vip, adult pass, more credits then yes there is a fee but its 1 time fee, [well the vip i think is anual i forget]. you can stop playing at anytime and not pay a thing, well my account i have not had to. the line you speak of can be said about any game in the world. imvu is just a chat system.