IMVU / imvu

1 Robbinsdale, MN, United States Review updated:

I think that imvu is a waste of time.I think the game is completley unfair.They dont give you any credits.They lie about what you can do to get them.And I think the people on there are disrespectful.They are always cuesing.And alot of people on there are stuck up.And they dont know how to act respectful.I think that the people who created this game are stupid.There whole company should shut down.This imvu game sucks.It is the worst online game that I have ever played.I will not suggest this game to my friends.And I will never play this game again!

Comments

• Li
      26th of May, 2011

i just bought clothes on imvu and it took the credits only thing is i didnt get the clothes and i was charged for it and i cant go back and buy it again because it now says "you own this" well really... no i dont so yuh have the options 1. give me what i bought... 2. give me my 6000 credits back or 3. get sued like everyone on this thing wants... dont play with me i will run this one little company into the ground

• Ta
      23rd of Jun, 2011

na. people should go on there and experence exactly how IMVU come up with new ways to rip you off for your hard earned cash. There prtty good at it and amazingly... no one seems to care. The music selection sucks. assuming you can find music you like your lucky if a song ever plays all the way through not to mention the song it self costs you roughly 3.oo per song in cash. If your in a room all by your self you cant even listen to the music you just bought. there has to be at least 2 people in the room. You can buy an entire album if you like. at the tune of around 1500 credits. but you cant listen to it all because you can only have 2 artest on the same mix at the same time. that means if there are six tracks to the album you have to make 3 mixes. after which you have to leave the room and come back because you can only play 3 mixes at a time.. of course there lame excuse is to blame the company that provides the tracks. If you develop colthes rooms or items. or anything else. IMVU charges you 10% for the prevelige. Exactly what they need 10% of your money for i have no idea except to run your credits out faster so youll buy more sooner. Even the Dev rankings are a joke. when you first start you pay the highest fees available. as you progress you go up in rank you spend less money to creat the items. BUT. reguardless your rank. IF you are sick. your computer breaks..what ever the reason is you cant get back online to continue deving. imvu will demote you thus forcing you to pay higher fees. Every month they hilight the best room package which run you about 19 to 30 dollars to purchase. However, if your a VIP you get a free room every month. Do we get the cream of the crop? nope you get the bottom of the barrel. some rooms are totally disfuntional. or totally empty. either way i have 24 rooms that are hidden and will never be used. Welcome to VIP. OH which by the way one incentive to buying VIP is to remove all the ads you see on your login screen.. All that is except for IMVUs stupid ads constantly begging you to buy something. When you do buy credits from IMVU you pay FULL PRICE which is roughly.. 1 dollar per 1 credit. if you go off sight you pay roughly half. why is that do you suppose?
    This is the ones i love the best. All i can do is shake my head and wonder why. You can crate a badge.. you can give it away. but you cant sell it. it serves no other purpose other than to show people you have a badge. *roughly a small icon that goes in your tag window.. big deal.* now for THIS privelage. you get to pay... 100.000 credits.. or if you want to wait for there "special" 50k . The next amazing thing is from time to time they have this contest to see who can make the best wrapping paper. its used to send your gifts. *like anyone even looks seriously at the wrapping your gift comes in* anyway7.
    to enter the contest you pay 200k. thats 200.000 credits out of your pocket. if you lose the contest you get nothing. ooooo but if you win.. they use YOUR wrapping at a cost of 2k each time someone uses it.. and you get... lol. still nothing.. haha. and people line up for this crap. I dont get it. I say people shold go to imvu because i think everyone should see how companies go to great lenghts to rob you of money. Its not just imvu. Its everywhere you go. everyone is on the bandwagon to steal as much from you as they possibly can. Like most places. IMVU staff is NOT there for your conveience. They are there soley to invent more creative ways to rip you off and give you a big [censored] you as you head for the door.. IF it wasnt so obvious im sure there office slogan wouild probably be. "There is a sucker borne every min and were right here to take them." I my self have been banned from IMVU forums because i have a different view of imvu then they want exesiting customers to see.. Eaiser to band a truth then it is to face it.

• Im
      29th of Jun, 2011

IMVU SECRETLY SUPPORTS THE BLACK MARKET
    IMVU clears a path for Black Market sellers to sell their products to people of all ages. To purchase a Black Market item, customers have the option to pay directly with their credit card or sometimes even paypal, or imvu credits. Most customers use imvu credits because there are many legal and illegal credit resellers that sell them for less then 50% off of what imvu sells them at on their website. BUT the majority of users don't know where to find reseller sources, espeacially since the majority of imvu members are always new, leave, and get replaced with more new users. IMVU does not collect their profits directly from each sale of the products we buy from their catalog. They make profits when customers purchase credits, buy vip, bundles from the bundle volt, etc. Their key is to make their society spend as much credits as they can, so that they will run out faster and buy more credits. This applies to both customers and developers. Why do i say they secretly support the black market? Yes, it's just a theory, but you can check it out yourself. IMVU refuses to do the necessary actions to stop the millions of black market items being accepted into their catalog. IMVU gives the responsibility of what passes and what fails to it's entire customer community. These customers are regular people: they are not professionals, and most of them only do it fast without looking just so they can get paid their 5 credits a review, or raise their tier points if they are a developer. Not to mention the "robots" that flood this "peer review", and mis-rate the majority of the items. And let me not forget to mention the many customers that create alternative accounts to do this peer review and WANT illegal items to pass into the catalog. IMVU refuses to hire an eligible staff to take charge of every product submission, BUT they have hired an illegitimate staff team we call as the secret police, to hunt down people who use, buy, and sell black market items. These secret staff members are basically spy-whores. They go around harassing everybody to have cyber sex with them, wither they are under age people or not, in order to try to get them to reveal their illegal black market items or show that they know other people who use them and or sell them. These people will also try to buy a black market item for you as a free gift, just so they can set you up later. These spy-whore illegitimate staff members are payed by imvu, either in credits and or in real life money. Why does imvu hire Spy-Whore Staff Members and not a team of staff members to take actual charge oh what enters the catalog? Because then they would loose their biggest source of income from their website. Black market items are 100 times more expensive then any public product in the imvu catalog. While a legal imvu male genitalia is prices at anywhere from 400credits to 2000credits (usually under 1000 credits), a black market male genitalia is priced at anywhere from 5000 credits to 100 000 credits. And it doesn't stop there. The majority of the black market clientele feel so dehumanized without their "closer to real life" products, that when imvu confiscates them, these customers go out and purchase the black market products over and over and over again. So imvu makes a fortune in the process. IMVU could easily split the website, and do what Second Life did. Make an entirely different chat site for teenagers, and another one for adults, and make it harder for underage users to gain access into the adult site. BUT they refuse this concept. They know that they will make more money off of children "borrowing" their parents wallets to buy these over priced items, and repurchasing them 50 times. And yes, anyone can see the black market items because they are not rated as adults only to preserve their protection. So when someone buys a black market item, they have the ability to enter a room full of general audience members under the age of 14, and wave their new toy in their faces and sexually harass them. Yes we can report them, but that's after the fact they've done it. IMVU does no action to prevent this issue because it is more profitable for them to sacrifice the children then it is to protect them. We, the outrages regular customers of imvu are forbidden to mention any of this publicly in imvu. If we even mention the word black market or court cases or unionizing, our messages are removed from the forums and groups, and our accounts become in jeopardy of being deleted. IMVU is based is America USA, but they strip us of our right of freedom of speech. I should also add that imvu will never change until they are forced to. They have the poorest customer service off the face of the earth. For example: If a hacker has stolen you account, drained it of all your credits and deleted your inventory, and you file a help ticket and imvu manages to return it to you. Imvu gives it back to you the way the hacker left it. BUT if the same case happen in Second Life, they restore your account to the way it was before the hacker violated it. IMVU posted to it's consumers publicly that they will never want to adopt this because they are afraid that they will be abused...they rather it's customers to restart from scratch, of which many do, or they leave. IMVU does not care about it's consumers. They're golden rule is "if you don't like it, then leave." But they don't realize that it's harder to leave a place you have put so much money into already. There are very few long term members in imvu. IMVU looses more and more members everytime they make a decision that benefits them and not the consumer. Infact they could conduct their business tactics a lil more user friendly, but they don't want to because they gain more profits by screwing over their clients. Ex: their new rule as of May 1, 2011. If developers want to join imvu to develop they must purchase their name at full price, and not with a vip package, yet they don't state that rule anywhere on the page where you purchase your VIP membership. They post it in the forums, where there is no link to even see anything in the forums. If you want to find the forum, you have to type a word you already know that has been discussed in the forums, type that into the search, (not the catalog search), and then it will bring you to a page that is mixed up with links to other products, group topics, .. and when you see FORUM topic of something random, you click that to get into that forum, then click ontop to go to the forum index, and only then can you see everything.. which is a complete mess by the way. And i didn't figure this out until after 2 years of being there. There is just no way new members can know about the information in the forums when they sign up on day 1 without an experienced member helping them. IMVU doesn't care if it's members leave because they have invested in poor business strategies that keep a high number of new members signing up, but they do nothing to make them want to stay, so the majority of them leave anyway. IMVU has found a way to make people leaving an advantage to them. If people find this place is bad, and leave, then there will be no people to warn the new comers of what this place is really about, what not to buy, where not to go. Imvu and their suck-ups say that it's our own faults for singing their agreement contract when we joined, but there are so many grey areas in that contract that people mess up by accident too easily and frequently. and oh.. when you do break the rules, imvu and their customer service never explains to you what you've done. They just suspend you account for a few weeks, and send you a short email stating simply that you have broken the rules, and post a link to their entire Terms Of Service, without pointing out of highlighting what rule you broke. Of course you're dumbfounded, so you send in a help ticket, which takes them more then a week to reply to. and when you find out that it was them who made the mistake, they never compensate you for your losses, and the damage of getting your account wrongfully suspended for a month when your a developer is greatly high. I get so sick of loosing money because of their repetitive mistakes, and i only stay in imvu because i hope that if i and other people keep trying, then we can get unionized and be protected from them robbing us blind. There are lots of fraudulent mishaps imvu and their staff members perform, but not one customer thinks it's worth going to court over because it's just an issue of 20$.. or 50$, or 100$ that imvu has stolen. and when you compare that 100$ with hiring a lawyer, setting a court date, missing a day of work, and so forth.. individual people just leave it be, and we are incredibly stupid for this, and imvu knows this for a fact, and takes advantage of it everyday.

• Ba
      30th of Jun, 2011

I recently purchased an access pass on imvu. I used my visa card to purchase the pass and the money was taken from my account by IMVU. Here it is day 4 and still nothing. No access pass on my avatar. No replies from the company. Nothing. From what I've read of these complaints, people are getting ripped off. Is this the American Way of doing business these days? Is this what the Better Business Bureau has rated this site an A for?

• Um
      11th of Jul, 2011

IMVU is ok but it's really annoying how boring the rooms are mostly just gothic and emo wrist-slitting rooms lol.

And it's stupid that you can't just walk around freely.

But I can't complain kus' I got alot of free credits from my scam products (derive and sell for higher price without changing anything) like more then 20k :D

• Co
      23rd of Jul, 2011

First of all, Most of you need to shut the ### up. I hate how all the noobs start complaining about how they dont get credits even though it promotes surveys an all that jazz.THINK a little they are a company they do also need there money and if your poor to buy credits then SHUT THE ### UP! annoying ### these days. .

• Ki
      17th of Aug, 2011

ok i logged on yesterday everything was great i loggen on today to find everything i Dont See My rooms, Clothes, Friends And EveryThing Wont Load, And EveryThing Is all gone from my inventory to add insiult i can even load pulse or the catalogue let alone my saved outfits this is getting a bit out of hand whats going on imvu

• Pl
      27th of Aug, 2011

Well there are positive and negative things about IMVU.
    First I'll say all the negative things that happened to me on IMVU:
    I bought alot of music from the shops in IMVU. But suddenly the music would only play for about 20 seconds. And that happened to everyone. The music that we (well at least I) spent so many credits on doesn't work anymore... A total waist of credits.

Then just awhile ago my old account has been deleted. It was VIP and had ALOT of stuff. I spent so much money on that account and now just because I wanted to pay by phone and the phone bill hasn't been paid then yet (It's been paid now) it is gone. What a ripoff.

Sometimes when I do surveys I don't receive my credits. Like now I am not receiving any credits for any of the surveys I've taken. Great, just a whole bunch of spam mails wich I have to delete everyday. This has happened many times before, that I haven't received my credits while doing surveys. But eventually it always worked again at some point. Just I'm getting sick of not being able to buy anything. I have 2 outfits. On my old account I had like more then 20 <-
    And accounts of friends of mine have also been deleted. The account of my best friend has been deleted. She still doesn't know why. She had even more then I did. And she said that 2 accounts of a friend of hers have been deleted. The 2nd one was deleted right after she spent like 100$ on credits.

Well, other than that there are no complaints.

Let's get to the positive things:
    I think IMVU is really fun once you meet the right people and kinda find your own little group. I have met so many nice, fun people on IMVU just entering different chat rooms. Most of them have Skype or Facebook so that you can contact them there too. And eventually also maybe meet in real life..

I love styling my avatar! It so much fun picking out all the clothes and different hairs, skins, heads and accessoiries.Creating outifts and stuff like that. And shopping.. I'm thinking it would be cool to create like a top or something and put it in the shop. I'm still gonna figure out how.

That's it!

(Sry if there are any mistakes, my english isn't very good.)

• So
      30th of Nov, 2011

I did an offer on Imvu for 29, 250. I did everything it said and waited for 6 days as it asked. I got no credits for it. I did couple things and didn't receive credits for it. I verified my email and did not receive 500 credits as it said it did. I want those credits. You can not talk to anyone who created this or talk to somehow to get them.

• So
      30th of Nov, 2011

I did an offer for 29, 250 credits. I did everything as they said to do and waited for 6 days.I didn't receive no credits what so ever.I was suppose to receive them yesterday 11-29-11 but i didn't. I also verified my email and did not receive my 500 credits that they told you would receive. I don't recommend imvu to no one to play at all, its worse. You do something and you don't get credits for it. You cant talk to the officials about your problems and the costumer service is cheap and generic. All i want is to get my credits for i get my avatar new stuff but i cant because they don't have the credits that i was promised .

30th of Nov, 2011

In IMVU Someonespecialloves there is a report button. if you have the recipt they give conferming you compleated it with nothing missing you can send it to imvu to get the credits.

• Im
      23rd of Dec, 2011

Ive been a member of imvu for 3 years and i bought all that vip and Ap and guess what 4 weeks later imvu sent me something saying that i have just been banned and guess what a noob reported me for no reason.One day me and my buddy(swaggkiddo)were chilling at hollister beach party until some noob girl says im reporting you she said she has reported lots of people and i was like -____- what the hell these people are so disrespectful and childish so i didnt worry about it till couple weeks later imvu took all my credits and all of things from my dress up and a big note just poped up saying YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED FROM IMVU and the next day i called imvu saying it was a mistake and guess what those ### holes did they charged me 200$ just to get my account back and fix it so people dont play imvu its a piece of shet.

4th of Jan, 2012

IMVUSUCKS, I have listened to your complaints and tried to be nice about it. from what your saying [which is verry little] you got banned for a reason that this "noob" [who sounds like a not noob] found offencive. You did not set up your access permissions to prevent un wanted guests from entering.
    According to IMVU page: http://www.imvu.com/help/help_iframe.php?topic=TopLevelHelp they dont charge money for reactivation if you can proove you did nothing wrong. you can go to the BBB if you feel they wrongly terminated your account. again you need all relivant data to proove your the owner and own the account. i looked at oher aras of the tos and such and found no indication of a activation fee.
    I also asked a friend who works for IMVU and they said "Your joking right? Someone posted we charge $200 to reactivate an account that was banned for some reason they did not do? They must be making things up. The only time we charge for anything like that is if we can't proove they actualy own the account, but we don't charge $200 for it." why not use the 2 paths I posted then complain.

15th of Feb, 2012

I had an account for 3 years, VIP and AP, and a lot of stuff in my inventory. A person hacked my account ( I did not give out my password), she gave away credits and bought credits with my credit card ( I had ONE CLICK BUY function ON; stupid i know. I was thinking to remove it but too late) I wasn't expecting to be hacked ya know...luckily i noticed before she stole more from me. She bought credits for 60 dollars. I got my account back after 3 days and was happy and grateful to IMVU costumer service... BUT...like a week later, after I asked my bank to get those 60 dollars back from IMVU, IMVU disabled and banned my account due to payment fraud. I'm like WTH!!! First they help me and then they do this!!! They didn't give me a reason why they said this was a payment fraud...they just told me that if I wanted my account back, I had to pay 111 dollars. 60 dollars for the money they had to give back to me, that was MINE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! and 50 dollars they had to pay in payback fee. What kind of crap is this????? IMVU SUCKS!!! I used a lot of money on them. They make me sound like a freaking criminal when I was the victim of a hacker. I'm so upset about this. Seriously freaking ###s!!!

15th of Feb, 2012

LittleHands,
    i understood everything but where you have the amp parts what exactly happend?

16th of Feb, 2012

yeah sorry about that, I think what happened was after i spelled checked, this program corrected the words with an apostrophe, and the AMP showed up. And the spaces too. I dont get why it turned out this way.

THIS IS HOW THE MESSAGE SHOULD HAVE LOOKED LIKE
    I had an account for 3 years, VIP and AP, a lot of stuff in my inventory, and lots of credits. A person hacked my account ( I did not give out my password), she gave away credits and bought credits with my credit card ( I had ONE CLICK BUY function ON; stupid i know. I was thinking to remove it but too late) I wasnt expecting to be hacked ya know...luckily i noticed before she stole more from me. She bought credits for 60 dollars. I got my account back after 3 days and was happy and grateful to IMVU costumer service BUT like a week later, after I asked my bank to get those 60 dollars back from IMVU, IMVU disabled and banned my account due to payment fraud. Im like WTH!!! First they help me and then they do this!!! They didnt give me a reason why they said this was a payment fraud. They just told me that if I wanted my account back, I had to pay 111 dollars. 60 dollars for the money they had to give back to me, that was MINE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! and 50 dollars they had to pay in payback fee. What kind of crap is this????? IMVU SUCKS!!! I used a lot of money on them. They make me sound like a freaking criminal when I was the victim of a hacker. Im so upset about this. Seriously freaking ###s!!!

16th of Feb, 2012

Ok now i can see the order of the events. 1st off it sounds like to me you took too long to request the money back. I belive I recall from a chat [it has been about 9 years] with a imvu personel that a hacked account that purchased credits has 3 days after the report is sent and account returned to the owner if there was a illegal transaction. i could be wrong, but after the grace period they can ban you because the process of verifying they sale is complete.
    For hacked accounts i think they procss the request 2 times. one with the back [the origenal take of money], then when a hacking is claimed they internaly investigate the request. if they find a discrepency then they will allow a money recall. If they find no discrepency it is ended and the case is closed.
    AGAIN it may have changed in 9 years, si this may be wrong. DO NOT imediatly say i am protecting the companey, even though i do support them. when i am not positive of my answer i tell only what i know.

-thel-
    What i dont get is how they can first help me, and then disable me because I wanted my money back. I got my money back, I just dont get the account back. I dont get it., its weird to me and I dont see the problem. They gave the account back for a reason, they believed me, and everything was fine. But when the same person, being me, wants their money back they make it a big deal and ask me to PAY THEM the money that was mine in the first place, and for the fee. Its just stupid and makes no sense. If I did pay them back, I would loose my money again and the whole thing would be a waste of time.

from the TOS:
    "When you purchase items or services on this Site such as Credits, credit bundles, avatar names and try it passes, with cash or monetary equivalent, your purchases are non-refundable and are made at your own risk. IMVU is under no obligation to provide any refund (either in cash or in Credits) for any item made by a third-party developer that is broken, that later becomes disabled, that is later removed or altered by the developer or by IMVU, or that was inappropriately submitted. If you have any billing problem or question, please visit the IMVU Help Center. Additionally, if a catalog Submission item is removed from this Site as a result of an intellectual property infringement claim (or Unsuitable for IMVU content as set forth in the Virtual Goods Policy) and/or IMVU disables your use of such an item as set forth in these Terms, any cash or any Credits that you used to purchase such items will not be refunded."

there is a part about hacking someplace on the site, but that is right from the section on "terms and conditions of sale". i can not do any more than what i just did by telling you this stuff. only other thing i can tell you is do this http://www.imvu.com/help/help_iframe.php or contact them for a explaination of why you ned to pay to reactivate a account that they unblocked for being hacked and a illegal transaction happened.

14th of Mar, 2012

LittleHands,
    I have already answered you. I have asked their staff about this back when I had a issue with my VIP tag. They said that there is a window of about 9 days from a purchase[18 if you report that you were hacked before 9 days] to request your money and account back without a penalty. If you ask say on the 10th or 19th day then there is a penalty to get both back. This may have changed since I spoke to a IMVU staff member. I do not know more than thyis. Please DO NOT take it out on me.