IMVU / unfair disabled account

IMVU is the worse site ever.! The customer service is terrible and so are some of the people.! This game is basically a money scam. I was with imvu for 3 years and my account go disabled because I used the wrong password. I may sound bitter.. but I am so upset.! This service is NOT user friendly. Their isn't even a number to call and talk to a real person.! In order to to get something done it has to be through emails. They refuse to work with customers properly and are extremely terrible. Even the client can give you viruses and make your computer useless.! I don't not suggest this to anyone.! If you like crappy customer service, spending countless money on NOTHING, and like getting viruses this is the service for you.!

Comments

• Sp
      22nd of Jun, 2012

I AM AN ADULT... IMVU TREATS EVERY USER AS A CHILD... I dev products from existing products of imvu creators...rate it appropriately and get my account disable because of improper content, that imvu says I created???? yet the the items deved from remain in the catalog by hundreds of other devs and the original creators product deved from... There are a few self appointed watchdog users on imvu that complain about certain users catalog submissions just because they can and cause account closures and temporary bans...if you are targeted by these people... Its imvu 's way to protect its self because they failed from the beginning in security issues to allow children to access adult products...

• Ll
      20th of Jul, 2012

IMVU is not really a scam, unless you constantly purchase credits yourself and can't stop because you get addicted. Maybe, in that case, it is a scam to make you keep purchasing credits. There IS an actual IMVU Customer Service Number (1-866-761-0975), and it's actual people. I've called them a few times myself.

If IMVU is a scam, so is Second Life and any other 3D Chat Client. Anything can be a scam. But, it's up to you if you register an account, and put your own money into it. IMVU doesn't spam your emails, call you constantly, or inbox you with a bunch of deals to make you buy credits or say you have to.

But, one thing about IMVU is that they are unfair with a lot of things going on. If I ever get disabled or banned, I'll be done with it. I won't make another account. I've seen people hack and scam IMVU and never get caught. I know one person that did get caught and his account is still banned and was banned back in 2007. So, he made another. I've never done anything bad on IMVU, but if they ever say I did when I haven't, and ban me for it? I'm done.

• 42
      13th of Oct, 2012

IMVU Banned my account 420darklover420 said its inappropriate and yet I see many others with 420 in name ppl with names like lickmypussy suckmyballs and other nasty names not banned at all. Also if my name is not appropriate then why they let me make the name and also let me buy my AP with the name before then banned it? IMVU is a lying scamming Piece of crap and needs to be SHUT DOWN! I am not the only one who has these problems. I have a friend on imvu that was banned 2 weeks for making a bowl-less dog bowl pose from the dog bowl pose that IMVU made s that it was inappropriate material because his ### wiggled in the air.. IMVU Made the original pose.. all my friend did was take away the bowl named it eating off the floor. IMVU made him refund 77 people took off all his items in the catalog and banned him for 2 weeks.. THIS IS HARASSMENT & cannot be tolerated!!

There staff are abusive and all they want is to Ban people unfairly to make more money! STAND UP WITH ME, Document all there abuses and go to the BBB and also hire a lawyer and SUE these ### for all there abuses. MAKE THEM UNDERSTAND they cannot treat there customers like this and stay in business..

• Pa
      28th of Apr, 2017

@420darklover420 My IMvu account KawaiiCutie1234 was banned i think but it won't let me log in and after I try a few times it says Your account is banned for 0 more days idk what to do :( I want my account back. idk how long it is even banned for!

25th of Jan, 2013

imvu.com are scam artists they entice you to invest lots of money in customizing your account and spend hundreds of hours in doing that as well then all of the sudden and for no clear reason they just ban you. Contacting help desk or customer support will only yield canned replies and they do nothing, because you are being driven to start again from zero and lose more and more money. Avoid imvu. It is not a question if you willl get scammed by imvu.com but when.

• Be
      4th of Feb, 2013

IMVU is the worst thing I have ever experienced_ in my life. The other members are absolutely low-class! All people do in Pulse (which is like the Wall in Facebook) is talk about sex and drugs and cuss out people. But what really disturbed me, is that I deved from this item, and even though I rated it AP because the original one that I deved from was AP, it got deleted, and my account was flagged and banned! What the hell! They deleted mine but kept the ones that were deved from the original product! Not to mention, some of these were GA, which is totally innapropiate. And it makes me angry because I spent a fair amount of money on AP and VIP and credits, and I doubt there's any way I'll be getting a refund for the credits that I bought a day before the account was disabled. Also, whenever I have phoned IMVU do to improper troubles that have happened in the past, no one even answered the phone. What kind of business is this? IMVU needs to be deleted, and deleted for good.

• Ga
      19th of Dec, 2016

@BellaMarie ikr, its very disturbing

• Er
      22nd of Jun, 2013

Hi,
    i cant tell you how much i am angry of my self for investing on imvu creating. After 2 years of learning and investing real money they just block me for 3000 days( 8 years lol). DMCA sent me message saying i am a thief. Well how is that possible if all my product are derived? So if original creator is thief, they block him/her as long as all others that derive from them? Am i supposed to know who is thief and who is not? How can i know that? If they disable thief's why should innocent ppl get disabled too? This game suck..especially if u start create. You invest so much money, play by the terms and service...and then they just disable you. Oh ya...and if u try to prove your innocent with dmca...only thing you got is automatic messages, no replays at all, or lies saying they do not take dmca notices true emails anymore.!

• Pi
      19th of Oct, 2013

Someone needs to do something about IMVU.com and the banning issues. People spend so much money on there and get banned like its nothing! That's not fair and I don't see how they think it is. Another thing with IMVU is when you reset your password they send you a message asking if you are the owner and if you approved the pass word change.. Well that's not the problem the problem is they send your ip address in that email. So my thing is what if it was a hacker who hacked someones acc and they're sending them your ip address. IMVU has some issues the site and the staff in general. I'm tired of all the b.s that comes with IMVU even if you are a good customer they don't cared. They are very unloyal you would think they would think twice about banning long time IMVU users but they don't. They're just giving hackers more ammo to do the job for them smh. I'm starting to hate IMVU. If second life wasn't so booney ish I would get on there instead.

8th of May, 2017

@PinksMagenta And Don't forget about DMCA filing for infringement..they'll give you a good scare and would give you emotional distress..and not just that completely out of interest of creating any products since they gave you a good scare 😒

• Im
      7th of Jul, 2014

I hate IMVU! I've never played it before, but I'm gonna imagine what it is like. So, I make account, and enter a chat room. I follow the Terms of Service, 100%. Being nice to people all the time. Then I log out. The next day, I am banned?!? For 3, 000 days? That's 8 whole years!!! I say to myself, "The customer service here is TERRIBLE! I am never going on IMVU again!" Then I call IMVU, and this is what they say. Nothing! Not even one single word! Or syllable! OR LETTER! OR SOUND!!!
    So then I send an e-mail to IMVU, and the next week, they finally replied. And you know what they said? They said, "You have been banned for hacking IMVU." What?!?!? SAY THAT AGAIN?!? "You have been banned for hacking IMVU." WHAT?!? I DON'T HACK! I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO HACK!!! IMVU NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN PERMANENTLY AND BURNT DOWN! Ok forget the one about burning. But, seriously, they actually think I hacked? A hacker just guessed my password and started hacking and blamed it on ME?!?!? RAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE! I HATE IMVU! IT IS A HORRIBLE GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEE...
    And that is what would happen if I joined IMVU.

• Im
      7th of Jul, 2014

imvu is a pooop

• Th
      14th of Jul, 2014

@OP - I have never had a issue with imvu. while i havent bummped into some of the "vigilanti" admin before it isnt as evil as the above complaints say,
    since imvu has changed allot of things in their permissions of content creators (i have to read these because i am a CC) if another user finds your content of creation to be offensive and inappropriate for imvu in general (this means it should not be used in imvu at all) or you did not specify that it is copyrighted by the proper people. than you open yourself to review by the administrators and possibly banned. when they enacted this rule i went back and put the copyright information on all my works. by doing so i protect my self from dcma violation and imvu violation,

@imvusucks109 - Um if you never played or used imvu before than how do you know any of that to make a hypothetical scenario? sounds to me like your a complaint troll who wants attention. unless your doing it to avoid people knowing it is you who had that problem and don't want us to know.

• El
      6th of Jan, 2015

I AGREE STRONGLY. IMVU NEEDS TO BE BANNED PERMANTLY.
    THEY HAVE US DOING DECEIVING OFFERS AND WE NEVER GET THE FREAKIN CREDITS WE DESIRE! ALSO BEING A CREATOR ON IMVU IS DIFFICULT ALSO WE HAVE TO PAY TO CREATE THINGS WHICH ONLY BECAUSE THEY KNOW CREATORS WILL RUN OUT OF CREDITS AND THE PEOPLE ON IMVU ARE SOOOO RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL. IMVU IS A RIP OFF AND IT NEEDS TO BE BANNED!!!

• Th
      7th of Jan, 2015

@Ellie Skye,
    are you even a creator?
    i know for a fact that we get dev tokens. if you dont have a dev token you cant make items. this was done i belive so people cant derive off other's work and make copies. this way imvu doesnt have to get involved with a copyright dispute or theft arguement.

as for the credit offers, read the rules of each sponser. if the sponser states that you need to do say 30 day trial, and you dont do the offer completely than imvu wont get a offer completed signal from that company. which means they do not have a obligation to give you the credits. if it was take a survey and thats it then they give you credits soon as the company sends the completed signal. this as it states on the offer page around 30 days be payed out. if it is beyond 30 days than you contact support with the details of the offer and the pay log that you get when you complete the offer [there is a log of earned credits that you need to redeem in order for it to register in your account]. if you have redeemed the credits but it did not get counted than contact support with the data.

• Mo
      25th of Jan, 2015

I been on imvu since 2005 and never had no problems. I had many ACCTS but deleted them cause of haters. But had no problems with imvu. I'm still a developer on imvu still today and love imvu.all places u will have problems its part of life.to me I'm happy they have imvu.its a awesome place and made a lot of friends.I'm mafia on imvu and love it. To me imvu is so u can leave the real world behind.and be in a world u want to be .thank u imvu for making my life better

• Aa
      19th of Oct, 2015

yes AP is a joke I was on imvu for 6 yrs my vip ran out and thay delete my acc I hade over 300 pages in shop the acc was making 30k a day the same day the vip was up imvu delete the acc for nothing yea im pissed over it as will

• Aa
      19th of Oct, 2015

they didn't disable my acc they are holding it and wont let me log it on I have will over 3000 dollar on it in the 7 years I was on it

• Al
      8th of Nov, 2015

hat is write his account was not disabled its being held.When it is disabled it says it his does not.They have disabled 3 of my accounts and we have spent over $5000.00 on 2 of our accounts buying credits and and creating.IMVU are thiefts.

• Vu
      15th of Dec, 2015

IMVU let scammers steal credits without taking any action, guest_kikbabe has been stealing credits for months yet imvu do nothing. I reported this scam but they did nothing

• 99
      31st of Jul, 2016

Been denied AP twice even after showing an ID. Although I wasn't going to pay yet until I got the money the next week I saved the page so when the answer came in I could. Twice they said I was denied. Now that being said I know it wasn't for money but they are mad at me and I'll say why.

My second week on IMVU I was trolled by a bunch of people, course they where VIP and course they decided they would be the ones to make a report on me, said they were going to as well so I also made a report. I get a message back stating it was my fault, , , ok what ever IMVU loves blaming the newbie which seems to be the over all attitude about the site and it's (grew up in America yet some how English is their second language just behind Ebonics and just plain butchering of the language as I don't mean spelling I mean over all word comprehension) crowd including those who play Grammar Nazi when you can't understand a damn thing they are saying because they word their sentences in a way that don't even even make up a complete sentence. This wasn't the first time this happened already but this time they said I was on my 14th report. I replied told them take their heads out of you know where, I said it was my third and obviously they didn't pay attention on the other 2 either because it was completely deserving of me defending myself and then it got a little more complicated in my choice of words. So the staff took away my reply button, changed it to 4th report and now (oddly enough) they won't give me AP and yet still they had my record 1 report higher than the actual amounts of report warnings I had in the real world.

So yes, ok so they didn't take money because you don't pay until you are approved but they are being unfair in the fact they are letting personal issues keep me from upgrading my profile. Another thing when they claim they have a deal in your inbox, you might not get it. You will find yourself all excited and ready for more credits at a lower price you may only to find yourself getting the same as you would any other day. They might give them to you but it's like playing Russian Roulette, there's only one shot only this time you hope you get the prize. So basically your names going into a hat and if you're the lucky one you get a trophy.

IMVU now allows no free space for one public room because they claim their financially bankrupt but at one time in 2007 when I was on for a month and quit they had 100.000 users at any time but with the crashes, glitching and constant lag it has cut down to half that. Do they fix their buggy software by taking out old corrupt and degraded code before over writing the new corrupt code? No they take it out on the users and take away any intensive to stay on the site so I was lucky, I got my free space just before they changed that policy, which is why they are so ban happy, it makes people have to pay on new accounts for what they can't have anymore and they can just continue selling you a shoddy product and still make more money off of you even though all they have really accomplished is losing half their user base which saves on upgraded servers and making new server farms I suppose is their logic yet they have lost well over 300 to 400% of their profit losing half their users being that allot of them spent allot more of daddy's money off his credit card paying 30, 000 credits just on their first house. Then you have to factor in all the ones with lesser grade computing equipment just tired of all of the poor performance of the site and occasional CPU errors from the constant lag causing stress on the CPU forcing them to buy a new machine if it can't be repaired. Then of course the hackers using the application to put in the occasional rootkit that some times crashes a hard drive and even in some cases making it worse when the rootkits are removed due to IMVU's lack of security monitoring services. Then all the paying creators tired of being disabled while IMVU still sells their products with out paying the creator pocketing all the money instead of just their cut.

The problem isn't they are broke, the problem is they are cheap, they play favorites, they don't like a user confronting them for anything so they use political means of pay back and they are con-artists. The other problem is they are very good at basing them selves in countries and US states such as California that will bend over backward for corporations and kick the little guy who makes the corporations their money to the curb and forget about customer service. They are there to make it appear as if they care what you have to say but do it in a way that completely blows you off while they say they did everything they can. You are better off not wasting your time with those jokers.

THOSE are the problems with IMVU.

• Ru
      1st of Jan, 2017

Imvu is basically a money scam i spent 10 dollars TWO TIMES, I was logging in today and guess what? my account got disabled for no #### reason..imvu was a waste of money and waste of time, like, jfc i hope this "game" lose popularity.I loved to play imvu, and i play this game for 2 years and nothing wrong happend and TODAY, this game decided to suspend/disable my account for no reason i never hacked it. "IMVU do not ban people for no reason" Then what is this? I WASTE MY #### MONEY on this. Its a waste of time to sent a message to them, they wont help you.imvu keeps talking to me like a 5 year old, holy ### im never wasting money on this game ever again...Also think about imvu right now, its not a game tbh its just a thing where you dress up a 3D avatar and keep doing nothing on a room, just talking to a bunch of emo and edgy people also the animations are good but they could use it to a real game not a lazy "game" that you cant do most anything. (Yes im triggered af)

• Pa
      28th of Apr, 2017

I hate when it makes you do surveys or offers and it says free offer no payment necissary!then i do the surve and at the end it asks me to pay money?!?! wtf?! Also I got my account nbanned for n reasoN!!! idekhow long its banned for fml smh :(