Imperial Outdoor Living, Inc. / No product received - $2100 lost!

We ordered an outdoor BBQ Island at the Home Show, at the Mid-State Fair grounds in Sept 2006. We paid $2100 down. We have never received any product and are now unable to reach the company by phone, fax and certified mail.

Comments

• Na
      1st of May, 2007

I received a letter on 3-27-07 stating they were out of business and no refund was forthcoming. I think we should file a complaint with the district attorney against Mr. Bovard. You cannot take people's money and then just decide that you are not going to provide the product or a refund without filing bankruptcy. I will take this as far as I can. It's the principal of the thing not just the money.

• Po
      27th of Apr, 2008

SB COUNTY
    Two men arrested in furniture scheme

Two men have been arrested in connection with a three-state fraud scheme. They are suspected of selling furniture through home-improvement shows but never delivering the products, authorities said.

Phillip Bovard, 33, of Upland, and Luis Gutierrez, 39, of Rancho Cucamonga, were taken into custody by the district attorney's Specialized Prosecutions Group.

Bail for Bovard and Gutierrez was set at $1 million each.

The men were corporate officials with Imperial Outdoor Living - a manufacturer and seller of outdoor barbecue islands and patio home furnishings - that sold items in California, Arizona and Nevada.

People placed down payments ranging from $500 to $7, 000 for products they never received, authorities said.

Losses are estimated at more than $350, 000.

- stacia.glenn@