Imperial Motors Jaguar / Service/Sales

1 Lake Bluff, IL, United States

I brought my S-Type Jaguar to Imperial Motors in the Chicago/Milwaukee area today because my key transmitter stopped working. Sounds like a small issue, right? Wrong.

I spoke to a "Phil", the service manager, about the issue and he told me it was going to be ~$60 to reprogram the key. I told him to proceed. We waited a few minutes and Phil came out and said "Can't be programmed, but you can buy a new one for $330". We rejected and said we'd just live with it. I told him to just give me the key and we'd be on our way, but this guy had the nerve to actually charge me for doing absolutely nothing. I had a feeling this sleezebag was just trying to get me to buy a new key, and it turns out I was right. I took the key to another dealership and they went through the process with no problems whatsoever.

I would highly advise not going to this dealership to even change your oil, nonetheless buy a car. We spoke to the general manager and he actually backed up this guy.

We also asked the general manager to give us a price for trade-in on the vehicle and he came back about $6, 000 below blue book. Just nuts.

Little did Mr. Manager know that I had actually just moved to the area and am looking to buy a new XK in the coming weeks. He saw me in an old S-Type and belittled me to some 25 year old punk that wasn't anywhere near his clientele.

I hope the $60 was worth it, Mr. Manager. Oh, and by the way, your sham of a dealership is the first Jaguar dealer I've been in that doesn't even have cookies/drinks for your customers.

Ef