Imperial Majesty / false information

2419 e. commerical blvd ste 100ft lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18002039783
I was called one evening being asked to purchase a vacation package that could be used within the next three years. I was told that they would "throw in" bonus vacations if I purchase/committed that night. I agreed. I paid a total of 798.00 for the package. Not one time during that call was i told that I was signing up for a time share. I have made several attempts to use the package since the purchase only to be told that I could not becasuse the times and dates were not available.
I was considering taking a cruise for Christmas this year and begin to read the fine print which states that the vouchers that they offered were only valid after I took "a tour of the ownership property". Again, I was never told that I had to tour or to listen to any sales pitch to take advantage of what I have spent 800.00 for.
Please help me recover my funds for this purchase.
Concerned

Comments

An
  9th of Jul, 2008
I want to complain about the worse customer service from the most uneducated, ignorant and obnoxious crew, I have ever seen. Please don't consider ever using their service!
La
  25th of Aug, 2008
I guess im just a little too late...I booked with imperial Majesty all to find out that the reservations dept messed up my five packages. When trying to fix the problem that they caused, I got much attitude and the staff hanging up on me. All this came from the reservations dept!!! I think they are all uneducated, ignorant, and most of all unproffessional. They all need to be fired and if that doesn't work, the whole company needs to be shut down!!!
Am
  30th of Sep, 2008
When I turned down the high pressure sales man, he continued to call my home every few seconds just to harass me!
Sa
  13th of Nov, 2008
To Whom It May Concern

I disagree with the person's comment, due to the fact that during the course of the telephone conversation, there are disclosures given to the customer. Such as financial responsibilities example: responsible to get to the resort, pay for hotel minimal taxes, room service, gratuities, and a final disclosure given during the confirmation call that is recorded for the credit card, customer's protection and rights . That is kept on file for approximately 3 years by Federal Law. Also they are told during the initial call that they may have to spend part of a morning or afternoon touring with the option to purchase a vacation resort, that is entirely up to person's choice. Also they are given the information that certain dates are blocked out- restrict times and are given option to book vacation 60 days in advance.
Il
  18th of Mar, 2009
I was doing this as a surprise for my boyfriend and turns out It was a surprise all right one that took all my money and left me struggling to cover my bills. I really don't have anything much else to say about this scam besides the fact that it is terrible how some people can do things like that and sleep at night knowing they tricked people all day into thinking they were getting something wonderful, and it turning into a pile of sh*t.
Be
  16th of Jul, 2009
I received a sales call in July 2007 to purchase a travel package. That was to be valid for 18 mos. I told the lady I could not do the trips in 18 mos, I needed more time and she said that she would extend the package to 3yrs. In late 2008(Nov., Dec.)a sales rep representing Imperial Majesty called asking about my package and told me that I have not used any at this time. I told the rep that I had 3yrs to travel, he checked and saw that I had an extension and said" Ok, I see just call us when you are ready to travel and set your dates". June 2009 my girlfriend called to set dates for us to travel, the reps told her the package will expire July 3, 2009. I called a few days later to find out what was going on after she told me what was told to her.

June 30, 2009

I called Imperail Majesty the rep told me my package has expired, I ask to speak to a supervisor, I never got a supervisor, she told me they were all gone and that I could write a compliant letter. The rep. then told me she could extended my package for additional fees of $100-200 6mos to a year. I feel that I have already spent enough on this package and should be given the amount of time to use this package that was told to me in order to convince me to buy it.
Mr
  23rd of Sep, 2009
I JUST CAME BACK MY TRIP WAS FROM SEPTEMBER 12-19TH. Saturday right off the plain from St. Louis Mo, off tops think rental is free it was $82.18. Next was $15 per day at ft lauderdale Ramada (NASTY)! FILTHY AND DIRTY NEXT BAHAMAS CELEBRATION CRUISE ME AND HUSBANDS FIRST CRUISE OK WE TOO UPGRADED TO CLUB SWEET FOR 100 DOLLARS $72 AT CUSTOMS HAD TO LOAD THE CRUISE CARD OPTED OUT FOR BAHAMAS ACTIVITY AND GLAD WE DID WE ONLY PAID $12 ROUND TRIP ON FERRY TO GO TOUR BAHAHAS ANOTHER $15 PER NIGHT IN ORLANDO I GIVE THIS TRIP 2 1/2 OUT OF 10 WHEN YOU COMFRONT THE COMPANY ABOUT THE HIDDEN FEES THEY DIDN'T MENTION THEY JUST TRANSFER TO YOU TO THE WELCOME CENTER OR JUST HANGUP MY OFFER FROM THE START WAS $298 TOTAL FOR 2 ADULTS BUT ALL OTHER FEES WAS A SURPRISE THEY ARE A SCAM COMPANY!
Mi
  23rd of Nov, 2009
I have sued Caribbean Cruise Line twice now for their deceptive practices. Email me at mtodd75682@aol.com as I am interested in speaking with you.
Ma
  29th of Mar, 2010
To me I think this company needs to be written up and be sent to the Better Business Bureau, so no one else can go through what we went through... I didn't even want to do this promotion but my husband insisted that we do it.(even though I thought it was a scam) we had a hard time trying to book our trip and still am. They took the money but refused us the trip we were told!!! So, my husband called and tried again and thought everything was ok, to find out that our trip was never booked!!! So, I am trying to call the reservation dept. but no one is picking up! I am on hold fo 36 min!!! Still waiting!!! 40 min of being on hold someone actually picked up. Then to be on hold!!! What a company!!! So, people if you want to get this company to stop ripping us off we need to come together and make a complaints to the BBB. I will never do this again!! This is why I don't trust people and companies that does crap like this!!!
Fu
  26th of Apr, 2010
i had a very poor experiance and i don't understand how they get away with it.. any idea to go about sueing them for the lies and deceipt that my friends and i encountered...
Fu
  26th of Apr, 2010
My friend recieved something in the mail reguarding a "free cruise".. She called and the offer sounded good.. 3 day 3 night cruise.. Stating the reason the cruise was so cheap was because it was promotional thing.. It was cheaper to send us on a cruise then it would be be say pay for a commerical.. 2 adults 177 a person then we can add additional people for 130.(port charges they claimed) All you had to do was pay for airfare... So 4 of us paid. We were to get all the information in the mail.
Brochures and Itenirary and all additional information.., baggage and gratudity etc... How shore excrusions were included as well as all the ammenties of their "Our Lacaya" Resort..(Great deal we got we thought lol, lol)... The customer service was awful.( after the intial reservation which of course they were nice). RUDE and VERY PROFESSIONAL. Meaning every time we called we got a different story, yelling in the back ground and not to mention how they tried to make a love connection over the phone Etc...Just didn't feel comfortable with people like that handeling "our vacation" .So we would call continsouly asking for conformations which o f course we didn't get and when called back there was no record of the conversation that prior week or two ago. VERY STRESSFUL for 3 months.. So then 3 weeks before we go we get a call stating there is no 3 night cruises only 2 nights, since our airfare was already paid they would put us up in the "Ramada Welcome center" for the night we land.. which now we need extra money for a rental car.. . All the information that was sent to the "Alamo" car center was wrong.. Had to pay taxes on it . That was never mentioned..Surprise. W e took the information they told us we needed.Wrong.. Almost didn't get it.. So we go to the welcome center after a very stressful morning we talked to a gentleman who told us in order to go to our cruise we need to take a 2 hour seminar at 8:30 in the morning the day of our cruise in order to go.. We had to get our Vouchers.. Very Sneaky.. (place was almost an hour away).. We get there there it's a timeshare meeting for 6 HOURS Tour and all...Went through hell there trying to explain we were dooped and we don't belong here we have no interest .After hours of them not listening and pushing it down our throats they finally got the hint 4 hours later..We had no money and interest in buying a time share to share with 4 girlfriends ..So we get to the boat finally and now there is no reservation for us (now we have our reservation numbers) had to wait with about 60 other people till 5PM to see if there was any cancellations or extra rooms.The funny thing is the guy who was working for Celebration was the same guy who was in the ramada telling us we had to go to the "Timeshare" Aka "Seminar"..He laughed and said how was that timeshare..RUDE...knowing what we been through ...we told him..Here Caribbean Cruise line and among other Companies over book rooms just to make sure someone is there to fill it.. so many stories i heard on this ship.. makes it hard to believe there still in business... So about 7pm we got our room and it was a closet not the ocean veiw we paid for.. bunk beds and can touch the wall from arm to arm, HORRIBLE.. All the hidden charges and lack of information..We got no infomation on anything.. We were just were told everything was ok.. we had a HORRIBLE time.. It just had this smell about it and the food was ok.. i Couldn't complain..It was ok, ..Drinks totally watered down..And kinda overpriced for what you were getting... Well i hope someone reads this because just get your refund even if you have to wait.. you'll be saving yourself a whole lotta money and STRESS.. there is sooo much more to this story.. this is just the jist of it.. there has to be something someone can do... please don't go...
Sm
  4th of Jun, 2010
This has to be the BIGGEST scam Ever! I should of known this from the phone call went to free to now you pay 498.00. Then I waited 2 hours trying to get them to help me book a flight to fl.. Wrong there they never helped. end up hanging up and doing it my self . When I booked our vacation they made me pay extra 100.oo cause I would be over our package day by 1 day more. Jobs only allow you certain times to go on vacations duhh... So i paid the extra then I paid the extra taxes they said. We got to Florida dirty hotel Ramada INN they said whe would get a room we got there and the staff said not tell 3. Bullsh*t We just came off a red eye flight. After I did a 360 they gave us a room. told next day have to be some other place to pick up tickets to ship. Humm now this is high pressure time share place. we kept telling them NO. Finally at the end of you walking out they come up with another offer. (for time share) Whatever just give us our tickets (we end up buying timeshare) there happy. were bernt out. We have to drive another Hour to get to ship yet were suppose to board at 1:00 we dont get there tell 5. Now this place has MY NAME wrong so we have to wait again for them to get things straighten out. Fianlly get on ship we have MISSED all the 2 for 1's happy times ect that the ship has given. We are so tired from BS at the hotel then to the ship. Finally we thinking ok we are going to have a great day. WRONG AGAIN.. were told we have to be back on ship by 5 not 9pm like it said. so again we cant do anyfun... We come back to ship it sails.. were back by earlie morning.. ok I figured this out they go there at 8miles per hour and then speed back to fl. and get you off there. So now were back here in FL in ft Laurderdale.. again... at the same dirty and rude hotel. STAFF VERY RUDE!!! So then that morning went in I heard people talking about there food vouctures. What food voucture did we get??? went to my our room found out there suppose to give you these .. instead I end up paying 30.00 for a crap breafast that is just 1 fruit and powder eggs? Went to guest realtions then told what happen to ours?? then hands over a coupon for breakfast .. again CRAP Breakfast, Holiday inn feeds you with no coupons. From there we were going to just get another hotel on the beach for 40.00... humm this would of been much nicer. But since we were back so soon.. and WHY I dont know why I wasnt offered this the continue vacation for orlando. Since we were off the ship so soon. We had them give us at least one day there in orlando. WHY Didnt they do this first??? Why didnt they put us in orlando first. this would of been much nicer. I can say the people there at the hotel in orlando was much nicer and did the offers all up front. only thing wrong... BUGS YES BUGS. and even one came home with us but found his gave in our front yard instead. YUCK. I really think I should be given a refund for this. or some sort of compensation. Cause believe me I don't hear anything word of mouth works so much better.
Jc
  9th of Jun, 2010
My name is Jo Ann Carter I paid for a trip could not take it do to my mother illness, and i paid for an extention of time $58 received a call and it seems I still owe for the second person. This was to be for two people when i purchased the cruise, my health will not let me take it now and they say I can't get a refund. I have paid a total of $1, 056 not including taxes and port cost, and I have to get to Flordia. I would be willing to take the trips in the states, but you have to take the cruise first or the other offers are not valid. IS THEIR ANY HELP TO GET MY MONEY BACK. JCARTERJOBABY@aol.com