Imperial Majesty Cruise Lines / Fraud and cheating

So My fiancee and I got a package in the mail with a voucher for free vacations from Imperial Majesty Cruise Lines to Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, Las Vegas and Puerto Vallarta. All 2-3 night trips. We called the number and it turns out actually all these trips cost $798 and are not free at all. They offered us a payment plan, where we paid half the balance and they auto-debited our credit card over a few months until we settled the bill. Now the vacations are only good for 18 months, and since it was a 5 month payment plan we asked if we would be able to go on any of the vacations before we fulfilled the payment plan. They told us we could go to the Florida destinations, but not Vegas or Mexico. So we agreed and signed up for the program.

Well they LIED! When we went to book our first trip 2 months later to Orlando they told us that the full balance of the plan had to be paid in full first. We explained what we had been told when we purchased the plan, but they didn't care and would not let us book. We then said forget it, and would like a refund and they said that was not possible. So now we are into these people for like $550 and we have no choice but to continue paying them even though they lied to us or we will lose our money. We would never have agreed to this because if we knew we couldn't book any of the trips until we finished the payment plan that would only leave us a year to go on 4 different vacations. That just isn't enough time for us.

So DO NOT BOOK ANY TRIPS with this company or give them your credit card number. They will lie to you and tell you whatever you want to hear to get you to sign up, and then apparently you get screwed over.

Va

Comments

• Ri
      4th of Dec, 2008

I have been scammed today (Dec 4th, 08) and have similar situation but not divided trip thing.
    They told me that I have won a trip to 7 nights 8 days all inclusive package to Bahama.
    I have called them for refund as soon as I found out about their scam strategy. Yes, the guy on the phone said it would be refundable but when I asked about the refund they never listened to me.

I called my credit card company for any help, and finally one representative suggested me to arrange dispute charge against them and there could be full refund. You should try that too.
    I found one article saying he got the full refund through his credit card company, so give a try.

• Be
      5th of Dec, 2008

Imperial Cruise Lines also called me for a 3 day 2 night trip to Bahamas. I had signed up to win a trip online, which is how they got my phone number. I was leary, but heard them out. When it was said and done they had offered me the 3 nights in Ft. Lauderdale, the 2 nights cruise to Bahamas, and then 3 nights in Orlando. All this for my family of 5, meals included, car rental, Univeral Studio tickets, and the list goes on. They wanted $798 to secure the trip and insisted on a credit card. I refused to give them my credit card information, but finally (after 2 hrs. speaking to multiple people) gave them my checking account information. It just didn't feel right and I told them that and wanted to stop the trip while they were still on the phone. They said I would have 10 days to review the material and could cancel during that time.
    Well, when I got off the phone, I started looking up information via internet and immediately called my bank and closed my account. Thankfully, they did not get any money from me. Hopefully, I can help someone else from making a lot of work for themselves. Sometimes we just need to listen to that little voice that tells us NO!!!

• Mi
      6th of Mar, 2009

3 days ago I bought the package with upgrades (free meals the entire time, 1000 gift certificate, room upgrades, etc). It seemed like a really good deal but I had specifically asked whether I could cancel if I decided I didn't want the package. I was told I had 30 days to review the package and cancel if I wanted.

Then I read online about the scams and the vacation has hidden fees and isn't what its cracked up to be. I felt like I should cancel because it really wasn't a good deal.

I called the company and the first person I spoke with when I said I wanted to cancel immediately transfered me. The second person hung up on me. The third person transfered me to a customer care when I threatened to call Visa next if I wasn't properly transfered. When I was finally transfered to someone that could help me (the fourth person) she was friendly until I said I wanted to cancel. Then she kept asking me why I wanted to cancel. When I said it was because I didn't want to go, she said it wasn't a good enough answer. Round after round she kept asking why I wouldn't want to go on a "fabulous vacation"? When I said if I didn't want to go then it wouldn't be fabulous. She said they don't allow cancellations and I repeated that I was told that I could cancel my vacation and I was not responsible for her company misrepresenting their cancellation policy. She said they only allow cancellations if the company misrepresented the vacation but they didn't misrepresent cause its a fabulous deal. Imagine round after round of this.

Finally after I insisted that a trip I didn't want to go on would not be fabulous she said they could discount my trip more and reimburse me 80% of the trip. I said I didn't want my trip period even for $200 and that I wanted to talk to a supervisor. Finally they asked the name of the person who promised me the ability to cancel. When I told them, they agreed to reimburse me 100%.

So basically, keep insisting they reimburse you and remind of their false advertisement and keep asking to talk to a supervisor and threaten to call your credit card company if they do not agree. Its harsh I know, but the company is slimy.

• It
      6th of Aug, 2010

I just got a call and asked to take an automated survey in exchange for a free 2 night 2 day cruise to the Bahamas. I usually just hang up, but this time I listened. I was asked for a phone number, but no credit card or any other personal info. After the survey, I was instructed to go to a website and verify my info. I did and everything seemed ok. I was told I'll be contacted by phone with in 72 hours to go over the details. I think the first words out of my mouth, after hello, will be, "This call is being recorded. May I have your name, your company name and a number where I can contact you after I have researched you company? I will not be giving you any personal information during this call. If everything checks out through the BBB, etc. I'll return your call. If this is a problem, please take my number off of your calling list."
    If they're not ok with this, I'll get rude. Thank you to everyone who posted comments. Thanks to you, I won't be scammed by these people.
    I must say though, I almost look forward to the call. I hate thieves and have a way of being very rude when I want to.

• Cr
      17th of Sep, 2010

I received the same survey call about 20min. ago. and if you don't mind, i like your idea about what to say when they call back. I googled imperial i found the complaint, WOW!!! i'm just like you, I usually hang up, dont answer, or tell them do not call back ( rather rudely), and of course they never seem to speak good english. And i always do my research before i do business over the phone or on the internet. Too many scams these days...