Imperial GM, Ladybrand Branch / customer service at gm in ladybrand branch in free state

1 Ladybrand, ZA

I own a 2009 Corsa 1.4 Bakkie which is regularly service at Bloemfontein Imperial GM. On the 13 November 2017 it went for 90 000 Km service at Bloemfontein. On the 25 November 2017, I took a trip to Ficksburg. Just about 30 Km before I could reach Ladybrand, the main water pipe that transfer water into the engine burst out. I did not drive the car but it was towed to GM in Ladybrand after some few phone call for arrangements the branch manager. I was promised that the water pipe will be replaced on Monday, 27 November 2017. On my Monday I received a call to confirm that the car will be fixed. I got a R 3, 200 invoice for the replacement and labour. On Tuesday before I leave Bloemfontein to collect the car in Ladybrand I called the office. They confirmed that the car will be ready in the afternoon at 13:00. When I arrived at the service branch, I was told I could not take the car as there are other major concerns regarding the engine. I was not convinced with their version of the story when they say that the car is now overheating after the new pipe has been replaced. I then decided to pay for the pipe replacement and then tow the car to Bloemfontein. That's when we started exchanging words with the mechanic regarding - unreliability ( I.e. allowing me to come all the way from Bloemfontein while the car is not ready; - failing to inform me about the possibility of extra charges (i.e. from invoice of R3, 200 to R 3 468); they also confessed that they overcharged me for the whole process ( and they were laughing about it). In conclusion I towed the Bloemfontein. I was not happy at all about the whole ordeal of Ladybrand GM branch. I have now book the car with Bloemfontein branch to fix the car which is going to be another extra charges. Their tones when they speak with a client, needs much to be desired. I even threatened them with media awareness about this incident.

Pu