Impact Resource Group / Work for FREE

This merchandising company pays on reset projects with the idea of project pay, and makes one work for FREE if one goes over on the hours alloted. Although we are hourly, NOT SALARY, paid employees the company will not pay the employee if the project is NOT completed and will not pay for the time worked that goes over the alloted hours regardless if issues develop that may delay the completion time of the project.

If one does complete a project and the reviewer of the project (the review based on photos taken and submitted of the completed project) deems that it is NOT complete, the field employee has to return to the work site to fix issues unpaid and work for FREE. Usually the return visit issues are petty, like a pricing label is crooked or something of that nature, however the company requires one to drive on their own money back to the site, which can be an hour drive or more, to fix a problem for FREE.

In addition to the previous paragraphs, the company likes to make one work for FREE on his/her own time after work. To get the information needed to complete tasks, a field employee has to constantly check the company email at least 3 times a day to see what is scheduled and what has changed. If one misses a change in the work orders you get scrutinized for NOT checking the company email. On top of that you must go to their website to print off lengthy documents that describe what you have to do to complete a project on your own time and money...for FREE.

Basically this company makes their field employees work for FREE. I understand that many companies are going through hard times in the current economic environment, but working for FREE is unnacceptable.

Thank you for reading and I hope this complaint will help others in the future.

Comments

• Ld
      11th of Jun, 2010

We're learning the hard way as I speak.

• Ta
      2nd of Sep, 2010

I Agree, This is indeed true. I am a former employee of Impact Resource Group. I used to work in Sales and Service. Not only does Impact Resource Group makes their workers work for free, they will not work with your school schedule. In addition their managers are sorry. They don't know how to manage. My former supervisor Delista Hogue needs to be taught how to manage. I started with the company in June 2010, I started working on the phones by the end of June 2010. I was wrote up in early August because I was not operating my phone properly. At the time I was wrote up, She had all of my phone's inormation back to the time when I had just started on them. If you have been noticing that I was messing up that entire time common sense would tell you to say something to me about it so that it could be corrected. Yet she failed to inform me and put me on a thirty day final. I took it over her head to the Call Center Manager Earl Hayes, explained the situation and he agreed with me. I'll tell you why I was wrote up because she did not like me from the first time I had an Interview. She did not like me so tough she would send everybody else on my team an email except me. When I started my friend Marcus also started at the same time. It is funny how he would get all of her emails and we sarted at the same time. After I told on her she sent out an email like im sorry they weren't on my email list. She was clearly lying I seen one of the emails she sent to him. That is bad management. In addition to poor management when I asked to come in one hour late on thursdays for eight week so that I could go to school. When I first was hired and I told her that I was in school and she stated that they would work with my school schedule. I started my recent class on campus due to not having the ability to get the internet at my house. They told me that an hour later one day out of the week would not be a good business decision. I left right after she told me that any company that will try to prevent me from bettering myself I refuse to work for. The pay is ok but it is not worth the disrespect. If they didn't think it was a good business decison then it would be a stupid decision for me to continue to work for them. The crazy thing about it is that my other friend JaJaun they let him off every Monday, Wednesday, Friday until4pm. He came in at 4pm on those days due to his school schedule. He is a guy also. Hmm maybe Delista doesn't like a lot of young female emoyees because I was the only one. It's funny the last young girl my age who worked there quit also because I filled her spot. Seems like Descrimination to me. I will NEVER work for them again. Ill Pray For You.

6th of Sep, 2010

I too worked for Impact resource group when I lived in Las Vegas and I quit because all the guys I worked with were complete perverts and my District lead began stalking me!! RGI is one of the WORST companies to work for!!

6th of Sep, 2010

Oh!! I forgot to mention how they sent me faulty equipment to work with and then yelled at me for not being able to do my job properly LMFAO!!! Get a clue IRG!!!

• Te
      13th of Sep, 2010

I disagree with everyone of you.I have been and IRG tech way back since the Huffy Service First days which was 8 years ago.If you submit all personal expenses to your District Manager or your Regional Manager per fax then they could have helped you and got you reimbursed.The company sets aside hours from their in store service account to accomodate for going over hours on paid projects for Lowe's which is what some of you are talking about.You just didn't say anything to anyone to make sure you get paid for your time.The ones that couldn't do their projects within their alotted time assigned were either too damn slow, too stupid to follow directions, or just plain ignorant and had no sensibility of retail or merchandising anywhere in their background when they applied.I've done well over 200 resets with this company and walk straight from the assembly side as District Trainer right into Team Lead without any knowledge of Lowe's whatsoever except when I assembled for them for 4 years as an in store technician from 2002-2006.I have had a handful of revisits due to lack of paying attention to detail and you learn from the experience the first time when you go back and fix it that it has to be done the way Lowe's expects it to be done.All of you got paid for your project time and got screwed out of your extra time you went over because you never said anything to anyone about going over your allotted hours.Everything we do pertains to display resets in the Lowe's stores and if you document everything like you are directed to do then you'd have no problem with any kick backs.It all falls down to that one main thing with every job which is detail and following directions.That's why a lot of you don't work for IRG anymore due to your lack of paying attention to your jobs description.The faulty equipment issues is all bullsh...t because never have I received anything from IRG in the 8 years I've been with them that was faulty or not in working condition.You should have reported any issues with HR involving harassment issues and if you didn't then it was your own fault for letting it continue to happen.I've been offered many higher up positions within this company but have always been most comfortable as a Team Lead(Merchandising), District Trainer(Assembly), and Remote Market Specialist(Specialist in merchandising and assembly).Just because you couldn't follow your job and you had a bad experience with the company doesn't mean everyone has bad experiences like you.There are over 10, 000 happy IRG employees and looks like IRG just got rid of a bunch of bad apples like all of you because you couldn't follow directions and detail which put you in the unemployment line so you decided that you'd slander the name of IRG like you have online here due to you getting canned.And for the ones who just upped and quit then I'm sure your [censor] were on the way down the [censored]er which is why you didn't stay.I make an easy grand or more bring home pay every 2 weeks and if you'd done what every job requires you to do which is pay attention to detail and follow directions then you too could make good money like that also.I know as well as the next man or woman that this wasn't any of your first jobs and if we did an extensive background check on everyone of the peoples previous employment history then they would agree with me when I say [censored]es that can't pay attention or follow direction because you try to bend the rules of a company to fit your likings and policies which will never happen in your life if you do not learn how to follow directions.You've all been taught this since you were born and able to comprehend.It's the first lesson in life and if you don't follow it then you pay consequences such as losing your job.

• Bk
      8th of Oct, 2010

Hey Tech19432,

Calm down puppet...how can there be 10, 000 happy employees when they only employ like 5, 000 people. You are a [censored].

I guess I shouldn't be complaining much since I make an easy $1800 every 2 weeks with these guys. You must have a crappy hourly rate. Maybe you can get with your DM or HR like you suggested, so you can get a raise. That way you might get paid what you are really worth. I feel sorry for you puppet...hope things get better for ya...lol.

• Tf
      12th of Oct, 2010

I agree [censor] that company! they let me go just for asking about this site. I didnt even get a Reply just a letter saying ive been let go. MARK STOXEN the district manager who lives in gilbert, arizona Was my district manager was extremely evasive and downright liar. "RUN RUN RUN" FROM THIS COMPANY !

• Sh
      25th of May, 2011

I completely agree. I've been around since the days of HSF myself. Alot longer than 8 yrs. Athough, it is partially correct that they are supposed to pay for any overages on hrs, they normally don't. Thats because the DM has to account for those expenses, and he/she can convince you that its tough ###, then so be it...So if your DM pays you for your overtime, then good for you. Maybe you should put them in for employee of the month...lol. As for being around for 8 yrs, , , , , , well, do yourself a favor, look at what you were paid for any assembly then compared to now...in 8 yrs you should have jumped at least 10 pay codes...yet, bet you dont make much more...in fact, i'll bet you make less on rta...If you think I'm kidding, look in the huffy bible and compare it yourself...sucks dont it? on the other hand, the job does have its pros...you make your hrs, no one tells you how much you can make this week, no one barking over your shoulder...of course, that one also means that when you need answers, you dont get those either...

• Do
      6th of Sep, 2011

Wow, Can not beleive there are positive comments about IRG. I worked for them for about 4 years ( team lead, NJ )and throughout the 4 years I had a total of 4 managers, about 15 different schedule coordinators, 3 regional managers ... you get the point. The company does not know how to take care of their reset employees, who are the heart and soul of the company. The worthless store service reps get their 32-40 hours per week but the hard working reset guys get 5-15hrs per week (sometimes 20 hours total for the entire month ). And once you are done paying for gas, ( driving 3 hours round trip for a 3 hour job ) wear and tear on your car, food, etc ...yes you do end up working for free. They make your paycheck so confusing to read, so that you won't find out that your getting [censored]ed. Forget about asking your DM about upcoming work, There favorite response is ..."don't worry, its coming".I honesty can go on for 50 pages worth of this but honesty, its bringing up horrible memories from when I was with the company. So here is my advice to anyone possibly considering working for them ...DONT DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!. Go sell Drugs, Steal, anything to make money, just don't work for IRG!!!

• Wh
      22nd of Oct, 2011

this company is a scam, the guy who was to train me in missoula montana was 1 1/2 hours late, he screwed up a piece i was working on and blemed me, the company told me to go to idaho for training and did not payme, i got a message when igot to idaho not to go. what? they owe me about $154 plus mileage. this merchandising company is horrible, write kmart corporate and let tem know

• Wh
      22nd of Oct, 2011

everyone should contact lowes and kmart about this company

• Vo
      23rd of Apr, 2012

huffy was a good company. Then came whomever they called themselves haha. I worked for this company 14 years. It was a good company til it was sold to a bunch of greedy, arrogant peeps. In the last 4 years, they lost every bike, etc account because of there attitude of( you need us). sears, target, academy, toys r us, etc.My last year with the company, they only worked me at one store, unless they had a walkout, which was often during DEC. I made half of what I made the 3 years before, which was perfect since they laid me off. Then I was promised furniture at office depot/max, but that is only for new furniture, which is maybe 3 times a year. And here is another story for you. My last week, I had jury duty, and when I received my check, Instead of paying me for 8hrs, they paid me for 480 hrs. Yep, over $7000. And when I called to tell them there mistake, they argued with me that they did not make a mistake. Because I had just filed for unemployment, I had to make this right, and it took 3 days before they agreed to look into it. Stupid people. Also, when it was time to turn in my tools, I was sent a list of everything I had to turn in, and I told them that I had more, which of course said I was wrong. So I kept them. I really liked Huffy, and enjoyed the work, but I'm glad I don't have to cover for all the mistakes and lies for impact anymore.