Immigration Specialist Helpline / Fraud and cheating

1 219 West Colorado Ave, Suite 104, Colorado Springs, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-6303406

On January 27th 2009 I called Immigration specialist helpline [protected]) asking for some information. In my case I needed to fill out an I485 form and an I765 form. The original fee with uscis is $1010 and Immigration specialist helpline informed me that they had a discount price for $420 cause they were working directly with Homeland Security and because the Homeland Security was so overwhelmed that in exchange of helping them they were giving them discounted prices.

I thought that they wouldn't lie about anything concerning the federal government so I believed it. My sister, her friend and I called several time and the same message was given. I paid $420 for the processing fee for the I485 and I765 over the phone with a debit card. Someone called me an hour later to set up an appointment to fill out the forms. Two days later someone named Eunice called me to go through the forms. During my conversation with Eunice she was talking, laughing and making suggestion with her colleagues, there was not any professionalism or seriousness.

After finishing going through the forms Eunice told me that I will receive the forms so I can sign it. On Wednesday February 4th I receive the forms with multiple errors on the spelling of the most important information. I called the Immigration specialist Helpline straight away and was not able to get in touch with Eunice so someone ask me to send my forms back and then someone called me back telling me that I did not need to send it back but instead they will send me the forms with everything corrected.

I received the forms supposedly corrected on the 9th to found out that it still had errors so I called again and talked to Enrique and Enrique told me that Eunice got fired and that he was going to take care of my case. I explained to Enrique the issues with the errors in the forms and told me that as long that the last page that I signed is correct I can just sent it and he will replace and correct the errors. Along with the forms was a contract for their services. I sent the forms with all the documents required on February 27th 2009 and I called to check if everything that I provided was right. They confirmed me that I provided the right paperwork.

On the February 6th I called to check on my case and asked for Enrique and a lady told me that Enrique got fired too. I did not know what to do or know who was taking care of my case. On March 14 2009 I received a rejection notice from homeland security based on 3 different reasons 1. A check was not provided or the amount was not correct 2. There was an error in the type of application on I485 3. The copy of my approval notice of my I130 that I have done before without their help was not included. The copy of this document is very important to my case because it determine my eligibility to adjust my status.

The Approval notice was included when I sent all the forms and document to the immigration Specialist helpline office but for some reasons they did not include it when they sent the forms to Homeland Security. I called them to ask for explanation. They told me that they had no control over the decision that Homeland security took and they couldn't anything. They told me that they did not do any mistake and refused to refund me my money. I feel they that lied about their services in the very beginning they are saying that it's $420 for the I485 and I765 and after they are saying that it's $420 for their services. They misrepresented their service. I saved this money for months so I can adjust my status and they took my money and did not do anything that they told me. They basically stole my money and did not do their job. Do yourself a favor DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM!!!

Di

More Immigration Specialist Helpline Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Pr
      12th of May, 2009

the same thing happen to me.we paid over the phone with credit card and all the numbers we called do not exist and the person named carlos martinez, esmarald, and Debra lain does not exist.in march they maid us pay 320 dollars and now a letter from imigration says rejection notice.

• Ir
      18th of May, 2009

on April 6/2009 . I asked to this office Inmigration Specialist helpline Mr. ANTHONY CROOM at 219W. Colorado Ave. Suite 104 to help filling a papers for traveling out the country under form I-131; He send me a package with the forms with Fedex. and to get them I gave a money order for $320.00 to Fedex in exchange.. 4 weeks later I got an answer from USCIS that the petition was decline because no payment for $305.00

9th of Sep, 2009

I am a business owner and I called the same people to tri and help one of my guys get his green card. I paid over the phone with my card in the amount of $420. they then talked to the guy working for me and said it would be a couple of days before he recieved his paper work. It has been 6 months and we have heard nothing. I am in the process with the bank to refund my money.

• Mo
      16th of Sep, 2009

it happen to me too, the only thing is that they sendet my papers back {twice) and said the adress wasn't right or not complet.i also paid over visa card.i been trying it since may09, and still no results

• Me
      29th of Jul, 2010

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear all of these stories about your immigration troubles.

There seems to be a few issues that run through these threads and I'll try to address them, and hopefully, stem some of the tide of the fraud so prevalent in Immigration today:

(1) MANAGE YOUR EXPECTATIONS & BEWARE OF GUARANTEES
    There are NEVER any guarantee in Immigration Law (in law in general, but particularly in immigration). Any reputable immigration lawyer will disclose that up front. While some cases and circumstances may have better chances than others, because of the nature of the bureaucratic system that administers immigration to the United States (and Canada) as well as the disjunctive laws that underly it, there is simply no way to assure an outcome once a case if filed. If you encounter anyone that makes a guarantee, be very skeptical.

Also with respect to processing times. The United States adopts a class/country based immigration system. For all but "immediate" family (spouses/minor children/parents (of US Citizens only)) there are annual quotas and caps by country. This results in significant wait times for some categories and some countries. The USCIS publishes a list of dates ("Priority Dates") that list, by category of visa, what the most current file being processed is (for example, as of July 13, 2010 Cases Received by USCIS under the "1st Preference, Family" class of visa for immigrants from the Philippines on January 1, 1996 are now being processed. That means that it would take approximately 4.5 years for an applications received by USCIS today to process. The higher the Preference Number the longer the wait -- 4th Preference, also Philippines is April 1, 1990).
    So, find out the priority date and manage your expectations accordingly.

(2) 'NOTARIOS' = fraud.
    Unfortunately most of the victims of fraud in the United States hail from Mexico and Latin American countries. They are uniquely susceptible because of a significant difference in how law is practiced in the United States vs. Mexico and most Latin American countries. In their countries of origins a "Notario" (similar titles also appear in many Eastern European countries) is a government official with significant power - in the case of Mexico - a Notario's powers are far greater than an Attorney and - ultimately - if you want some sort of bureaucratic form or application processed you go to a Notario to do it.

In North America, however, there is no such thing as a 'Notario'. They don't exist. We have 'Notaries' who can only witness and certify a document (but have no formal titles or power -- or, unless they are lawyers -- often no legal training). This distinction has led to so many folks being taken advantage of by fraudsters claiming to be 'Notarios' and able to help get your immigration application approved, that the United States Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) have had to issue fraud warnings (see http://www.justice.gov/eoir/press/08/NotariosNoticeProtectionsCAFINAL112008.pdf)

(3) GET AN IMMIGRATION LAWYER
    Admittedly it seems self-serving for a lawyer to be telling the public to get a lawyer. However it remains the best advice. Put simply the US immigration system is not just complex and difficult to navigate (as are those in most countries) but the United States is uniquely challenging because the laws underpinning the immigration law are so poorly thought out and so haphazardly implemented that navigating it without a lawyer that routinely practices in the area is tricky enough, let alone without a lawyer at all.

Countless cases each year are delayed (for years at a time) or outright denied for mistakes that could be avoided by having had an immigration lawyer work the case from the beginning. They're not all expensive, there are reduced-rate lawyer referral services run by State Bar Associates, organizations such as the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and individual firms such as my own that either connect you or offer reduced cost services. The long-term costs and implications almost always outweigh the cost of having simply retained a lawyer from the onset.

(4) IF UNSURE, CHECK IT OUT.
    If you doubt an individual's assertion that they are a lawyer in a particular jurisdiction then just call the State Bar Association in the state(s) they claim to be licensed to practice and verify that they are still active.

(5) GIVE USCIS WHAT THEY ASK FOR.
    For those who have already submitted applications and are starting to encounter problems. The pre-printed notices from USCIS can indeed be frustrating. Most of the time what they say is unintelligible to even lawyer who do not routinely practice immigration law. First, call the USCIS call centre and try to get some guidance from USCIS directly as to what forms they require (jot down the name/number of the Officer you speak to). Then provide precisely what they ask for (if you don't know what they're asking for, get an immigration lawyer to help you).

(6) IF YOU'VE BEEN TAKEN FOR A RIDE, CONTACT AUTHORITIES
    If the money's gone and so is the person you may be out of luck. However, particularly in situations where an individual is holding themselves out to be a lawyer (when they are not) the State Bar Association should be advised (and may even have a relief program -- or if a case is pending against the person -- can provide you with information on how to become a plaintiff on the case.

If other than someone claiming to be a lawyer (who is not) contact the authorities in the state where the individual is located.

(7) [FOR SPONSORS/US-BASE FAMILY] GET INVOLVED IN FIXING THE PROBLEM.
    Too much misinformation and disinformation is out there about immigration. The only way to fix the immigration system in the United States is to have intelligent, compassionate laws that reflect the reality of immigration law and its vital importance to the long-term prosperity of the nation. That begins with the public genuinely being informed and that, in turn, begins with each individual informing themselves from as many sources as possible.

I wish you all the very best of luck in resolving your immigration quandaries.
    D.A.Mesinschi, Esq.

[Attorney Mesinschi is the principal attorney of the Mesinschi Law Offices, a general practice firm with offices in the United States and Canada serving immigrant communities throughout both countries on primarily family immigration matters. www.MesinschiLaw.com]