IMDB

Posted:

unfair ratings

3.75
Amazon
Hundreds of angry filmmakers are getting ready to sue imdb for their unfair ratings system.
Imdb purposefully places a higher emphasis on those that give the movies a '1' thus bringing down the overall rating.
The median is always higher.
Imdb's rating methods are completely and totally flawed and skewed to favor studio films (Their main advertisers) while diminishing the reputation of stellar indie films that have averages in the 3.5 - 6.5 (Horrible ratings).
The negative impact of this is:
1) loss of sales (Blockbuster, netflix, redbox, foreign sales, etc)
2) loss of reputation
3) loss of visibility
4) loss of future investors.

This is a very serious matter. If you would like to join in on the upcoming lawsuit or would like to support the filmmakers, please email the group at: lawsuitagainstimdb@yahoo.com

Thank you!
Complaint comments Comments (10)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Entertainment

Comments

N  19th of Apr, 2011 by    +2 Votes
They also don't always list or mention all the actors, actresses, musicians on there. I've looked up cast for movies or television shows and half of them are not even named nor have pictures. How can you recognize someone for their work?
A  27th of Apr, 2011 by    +1 Votes
Totally agree that the ratings are unfair.
They gave 'Soul Surfer' a 5.5?
A  15th of Jun, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I have been trying to get IMDb to credit me for work completed on various projects for YEARS. I have been emailing them for YEARS and all they ever do is write me back days later (because there are no live human beings to locate with a phone number) saying the same thing...that my work cannot be verified. Despite having my name in the credits on screen and under google search and call sheets, they refuse, refuse refuse to give me credit where credit is due. Horrible company that controls this because they want to force you to pay for IMDb Pro where you can put whatever you want under what they claim to be "uncredited" credit. So even tho I have credit they are claiming they cannot verify it and I either don't get credit or have to pay for an IMDb pro membership. I HATE THEM! Because of them I cannot get more work because no one can just look me up on IMDb to see the work I have been doing for years.
N  4th of Dec, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I TRIED TO MAKE A CORRECTION TO HERBERT HEYES LISTING THAT HE DIED WHEN HE WAS 58 RATHER THAT 68 BUT I WOULD HAVE BEEN REQUIRED TO EITHER SUBMIT CREDIT CARD INFORMATION OR A MOBILE PHONE LISTING, I DIDN'T FEEL COMFORTABLE GIVING OUT A CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND I DON'T HAVE A MOBILE PHONE, AND THE CATEGORY WASN'T COVERED ON THEIR HELP DESK LIST SPECIFICALLY, SINCE THEY HAD THE DATES CORRECT, BUT NOT THE MATH.
A  11th of Apr, 2013 by    +1 Votes
IMDB is pure evil.

They ALWAYS give indie films a 5 or less while anything Tarantino is a 9 - pure evil people in Santa Monica
A  24th of May, 2013 by    +1 Votes
They do not update credits of Indie's. I pay monthly and I can't get them to update my films. When I submit a project, they encouraged me to buy posters and after buying $70 worth of poster's for projects they approved, they disqualified the films and refused to refund my money. Their is no phone number, email or supervisor to complain to and they will not accept any valid projects. I issued credit for a film I did, gave them the contact number to the producer and proof I was in the film abd they bullied me and would not render the credit as punishment for complaining.
N  22nd of Jul, 2013 by    +1 Votes
Imdb's ratings are horrible. Any hater's views and comments are posted for the world to see. You know IMDB is 'goating' people to slander actors, writers, etc to bring more 'hits' to their stupid website. The CEO is Cole Needham who should be sued along with Amazon.com
A  17th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
People are biased...
A  17th of Feb, 2016 by    +1 Votes
Some of the best movies are given very low ratings by IMDB, even many very popular classics. Indie films are generally given low scores, too. Those who rate the movies seem to favor violence and big names (directors and producers) above well-made dramas. Unfortunately, people often decide to skip films because of these unfair practices, rather than watching them and judging for themselves.
N  23rd of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
IMDB is blagging the ratings to be higher for some shows for some reason, I watched the 1st 3 episodes of a new show and its dog awful, I rated the show and each episode as a 1 and finding it hard to believe that it really is that bad and not just me, I read a lot of other reviews, I have checked lots and very few are rating this as above a 5 and it looks like an avg of about 3.5 to me, yet imdb has it as a 7.3... rubbish!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree