IMC Media Group (IMC, Inc) / Bad practices

IMC, Inc
8358 West Oakland Park Blvd Ste 101
Phone: (954) 236-3131
DO NOT do business with IMC Media Group (aka IMC, Inc). They take 1/2 to 3/4 of the project cost up front and do not complete the work. The developer is rude and non responsive.

After paying them over $800 up front, I delivered the content to the web site they were supposedly building for me and they basically took the money and ran.

There is no record of this name on the Florida Secretary of State website. This "company" is basically a couple of un-professional, inexperienced, 20 somethings working under a D|B|A.

If you value your money and need a website, go somewhere else. They are WAY OVERPRICED anyway. For a simple site they charged me $1400. I later found a company to do the same work for $250, and they delivered the work on time.

D  13th of Jul, 2009 by
I am shocked to read this, the fact that this is an annonymous post tells me its one of our competitors.

Please allow me to defend my company from this fake and slanderous post.

lie # 1. we are actually listed with Florida state under out full company name independent Marketing Consultants, Inc (www.sunbiz.org)
lie # 2. we cant 'take the money and run" we have a contract with all clients that covers them against exactly that...we could be sued easily for breaching our own contract.
Lie # 3. "they are a couple of 20 somethings" lol..I wish, I am 41 with a Marketing degree and 20 years in the creative industry, my staff vary from 28 - 38 years old
Lie #4. "they are way overpriced"...we sell full custom business sites with tons of features and a free year of hosting for only $899.00 way below the industry norm, in fact we give away a free year of hosting with all sites. We are a mid priced company.

As I have said this is obviously one of our competitors trying to ruin our VERY good reputation in the industry.
The reason i know this is that we have no issues with ANY of our clients right now (about 50 currently) if someone was THIS unhappy i have a feeling they would have let me know before posting to this website.
We pride ourselves on our customer service and our work...our name goes proudly on all sites we build. (1000+ and counting)

If there is an actual client that i don't know about with an issue please contact me straight away and i will gladly address any issues you may have.

D  9th of Jan, 2010 by
I did a lot of business with Garfield and his company going back a few of years ago. My company is a small publishing house which was established a few years ago. As we were preparing to publish our very first book, we had virtually no budget and had to be frugal with how we spent out money. For what we needed, I had to look high and low. I met with people in person and looked on the web, until I came across Garfield and his company IMC. He could not have been more fantastic. His products were great - no complaint at all. On one occasion when we had an issue with something, where we had put in an order and it came back not completely satisfactory, I emailed the company and within the hour, Garfield emailed me back and took care of our order - basically redid the entire order without charge to us. I lost touch with Garfield and IMC (and actually could not remember the company's name "IMC" and did a quick google search for Garfield's name and Sunrise, Florida, which brought me to this site. After reading through the complaint of the person, I thought I must have landed on a different company, not Garfield's. But as I read the response to the post, I know this was the correct company. I cannot believe the post because none of it sounds like the kind man that I had met over the website and thru emails. It certainly does not describe his business practice.

As for pricing, buyer beware. It's up to the buyer to do their due diligence and shop around BEFORE they make a contract with someone. You can go to a Beverly Hills surgeon of the stars and pay 10 times the amount you would going to a Pacoima doctor who graduated from Van Nuys School of Medicine. You get what you pay for, and no one forced you to shell out the money to this company. It was your own choice.

And, no, I was not prompted by IMC to post this. In fact, I am yet to get in touch with Garfield. It's a shame that people who are satisfied with someone's work do not post positive things. Only the disgruntled ones do.