ImageWave Photography / Worst Photographers EVER

1 114, 2323 - 32 Avenue NECalgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

We had our twin girls baptised in May 2008 and hired these 'photographers' to capture this special time. There was no meeting before hand to ask what kind of pictures we would like to have ... they (well, she) showed up at the church, camera in hand. I must say, that the photographer herself was very pleasant, however the entire ordeal was completely unorganized!!! Our pictures were put up on a website which we could then browse and order the prints we wanted from there. We didn't get our order in for quite some time as life gets in the way, however we did finally order (and pay for) them on August 31. Today is October 31 and we just received our photos. We called 3 times about them. First time was "oh, you haven't got them yet? We'll print new ones and send them out", second call was the same thing. Third call (from was husband) was on October 7 and finally the s@#t hit fan and they said they would print new ones (again) and send them out. Three and a half weeks later, they finally arrived. And just to add insult to injury ... the prints are no better than those developed at WalMart ... you would think that at the very least they would be high quality. My advice ... NEVER USE THIS PHOTOGRAPHER ... you will be VERY dissapointed.

Comments

19th of Nov, 2008

I used this photography company as my wedding photographer and had a very enjoyable time. The photographs turned out incredible however I agree with the waiting time that it too FOREVER to get my albums and my prints to come in and at least 4 months from time of order (when they said 3 weeks max).

• Ka
      20th of Mar, 2009

I also had my wedding portraits, maternity portraits and new born portraits with this photographer all in 2008. I have never had a problem. My albums, prints and framed wall pictures were all of great quality!! My wedding album took about 3 months, but they had said that it would. They accomidated all my requests to change the page layout, then change it back no questions asked. I found everything to be perfect. Which is why I keep going back. I am shocked you had such an issue with this company! I cannot say enough great things about them and two of my brides maids are using them this summer as well! Like I said, I am shocked!

• La
      28th of Mar, 2009

My sister has gotten her photography done by them and they did a fantastic job. The quality of the photos were top notch and during the wedding the photographer that was there did a great job of making sure she got all the pictures my sister asked her to get. From the time of the wedding to the time they gotten their photos were about a little over a month. That's including getting all the pictures picked out and assembling the albums and whatever "photoshop" stuff they did to them. Everything look so good, that my parents ended up hiring them for family portraits and they again were really great. My parents don't understand English very well, but they had the patience to go through everything with them to make sure they understood what was going on and I really appreciated that. At the end, the pictures turned out wonderful. We couldn't ask for a better photographer.

16th of Mar, 2010

The complaint is rather ironic... It is exactly the same situation we are having with them right now! I mean literally its as if someone wrote our story in 2008. I have been so patient with this so called business that now I am questioning weather or not they are still even in business, but am unable to recieve either a phone call or email telling me whats going on. They were awesome for our engagement photos, but it seems like now that they have our payment in full they could care less about our pictures... Very Very dissapointed

• So
      26th of Mar, 2010

Just thought you should know this photography company is now calling themselves Joelene Mills Photography. Same company, same crappy business practice.

• Pr
      11th of May, 2010

I disagree with the last post. Joelene Mills Photography and ImageWave are not associated any way at all.

• Ta
      25th of Jun, 2010

Hey all, yet another to stear away from, Kevin Devine photography, rude people and the quality in very very poor, they have kids shooting and it shows.