Image Employment / Image Employment Scam to get Info

This company posts job opportunities on Monster and Yahoo and then when you are transferred to their site to apply you get a window asking for who your cell phone carrier is, about the amount of debt you have, if you're interested in earning a degree online and the link to the application is never available! I was trying to apply for a production assistant position and was never able to apply. This is not the first time this company has done this with a job posting. I suspect they post bogus openings on Monster and YahooJobs in order to collect information and sell it to other businesses interested in targeting consumers with certain criteria.

Comments

7th of Oct, 2008
    Image Employment - Scam for information
    Image Employment
    imageemployment.com

They offer a job, but they ask such things as for cell phone carrier and ammount of debt. They read like someone just trying to pull information, and don't looke like a real job.

• Al
      27th of Oct, 2008

I agree. There's nothing very specific about any "careers" that they offer, except an amazing hourly pay. I stopped in the process when I was asked to provide the names and emails of my references because I didn't want to get anyon else involved in pointless email communication...spam.

7th of Nov, 2008

Experience 0-1 Years Experience
    Desired Education Level High School
    Date Posted November 7, 2008
    View Career Network profile and job listings

Private School is seeking an assistant teacher to float between 3-4 full time teachers.

Our assistant teachers participate fully in the classroom environment often preparing and teaching lesson plans, working with students one on one and in groups, communicating with the parents as well as the other teachers on the team (cross subject), and participating in continued education.

Experience is not necessary; however, we are seeking someone who is interested in furthering their education and who has a desire to build a career in the field of education.

Salary ranges between $26, 700 and $31, 200 depending on experience level and education level.This is a full time, permanent position.We do offer full benefits including health/dental coverage, 401(k), paid vacation, and tuition reimbursement.

Yahoo! HotJobs

On November 5, 2008, I applied for the above position on Yahoo Hotjobs site and was immediately taken to a Career Network site instead.

On their application I was asked to provide my cellphone number and to disclose who my provider was, which raised a red flag.

They also asked if I had security clearance and gave me list of advertisements about schools, credit scores etc.

My big mistake was to naively send them my resume with all my personal information and list of references ad their contact information.

HERE IS THEIR RESPONSE BELOW DATED ON NOVEMBER 6, 2008.

Regarding your application for the Teacher's Assistant position.
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 8:16 AM
    From:
    "careers@imageemployment.com"
    Add sender to Contacts
    To:
    According to our records you recently applied for a Teacher's Assistant position within Image Employment . A subsequent review of you application reflected that you have the skills and abilities that are required for employment in this position.

If you are still interested in pursuing this position please visit our website at: http://imageemploymentnow.com/careers2.aspx?email=id=imageemployment2nds11062008&jb=6884744

This link will open the application page which will ask for a login to continue. You may log into the site using your id as follows:

Please take a moment to verify any information that we currently have on record. You may be asked to supply additional information that will be used to help speed along the final hiring process. After our Human Resources Department has received the final completed application you will be contacted to schedule a personal interview.

Regards,
    Sue Ann Merritt Human Resources

Career Network, Inc.
    P.O. Box 618305
    Orlando, Florida 32861-8305

Pleaase investigate this thoroughly. Thank you.

• Er
      12th of Nov, 2008

I got burned by them too this is what they offerd

Company Name Career Network
    Experience 0-1 Years Experience
    Desired Education Level High School
    Date Posted November 11, 2008
    View Career Network profile and job listings

Nationwide electric company is accepting applications for utility dock workers to join local branch operations.

We recognize employees are the key to our success and we value the unique skills and experiences they bring to the company.

Qualifications:
    • Mechanically inclined
    • Solid background in safety and customer service
    • Basic math skills
    • Ability to lift up 40-65 pounds
    • Individual who demonstrates a safe and positive attitude
    • Works well independently and with a team oriented under minimal supervision

Responsibilities:
    • Filling cylinders, pumping gas, preparing tanks
    • Maintain paperwork and records for fuel inventory
    • Assist service personnel as needed

We offer a competitive starting salary of $16.50 per hour that is negotiable based on qualifications, plus comprehensive benefits, paid vacation/holidays, 401(K) and we also offer to pay for your education should you opt to continue or finish your education while working with our company.

We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, dedicated to cultural diversity. EOE/M/F/D

two days later i got the same e-mail.

i looked all over the web and i seen nothing good about them, and i hate for some one eles to get burn too

• Ci
      18th of Nov, 2008

When I realized that they wanted phone and email information for five references, but weren't interested in my job history, I got suspicious and googled the Site. I just feel bad that the people I put down as references are probably going to be spammed now.

• De
      19th of Nov, 2008

Same thing here I applied for Flight Attendant positions in 6 different states. I then got emails from all of them on relocating, packages in the mail from Real Estate agents and so many emails that I can't keep up. I received the same info as the people above me on this wrote.

I had never applied for a job on the internet before and I am glad I too saw Red Flags on the financial and cell phone info.

I got the email to send references and I questioned this also. When I tried to supply a reference which for me are large companies like EXXON, and American Express, the site would not even accept corporations as a reference.

It was looking for personal references for which I am sure they would contact those people and try to sell something.

I am done with this company.

• Mi
      3rd of Dec, 2008

I applied for a route sales position for 52, 000, was contacted back, referred to their website link to continue with 2nd part of application, but was unable to link back up to continue my original application...even though they supplied me with a log-on I.D. and password!