ILD Teleservices Inc. / Unauthorized billing

On my Verizon landline bill for January I noticed an extra charge under Miscellaneous Charges and Credits and there was a charge for NW Voicemail 1X Setup @ 15.74 plus Fed and State tax of .79 bringing the total to $16.53. I called ILD and they explained this charge was from a internet contest to win $1000.00 in free groceries. Times are hard and I may have entered what obviously is a bogus contest however they had my mother's maiden name incorrect so now I don't think so.

Anyway to make a long story short the operator at ILD is reversing the charges and provided me with confirmation. To prevent further problems like this in the future I contacted service and sales with Verizon and they have put a third party block on my account. To google ILD Teleservices I found this company has also been heavily reported to consumer affairs website.

Ke

Comments

• Il
      2nd of Mar, 2009

Hello Kevin,

I'm glad we were able to resolve your issue. To explain our services further:

ILD Teleservices is a leading payment processor for transactions between merchants and consumers. Through contractual relationships with telephone companies like AT&T and Verizon, we give merchants the opportunity to let consumers charge products and services such as long distance, internet access, and collect calling directly to your phone bill.

As a result, instead of purchasing these items with a credit card or opening an account with the merchant, you can have a transaction billed directly to your phone. When you do, the merchant sends your transaction information to ILD, and ILD adds the charge to your phone bill. It’s a service very similar to what credit card companies provide.

If you have a charge you believe is incorrect, or if you have any other questions or concerns with ILD, please let us know. We want to address any and all issues you may have. To contact us, please email us at askild@ildmail.com. If you would prefer to call us, please call our hotline at 800-953-7765.

Thank you, and please let us know how we can help further.

Ilona

3rd of Mar, 2009

Hi. A couple of days ago I made a 10-min call abroad through ILD Services at the Rochester airport. It appears in my account transactions for the price of 4 euros (about 5, 5 USD), but I also have another charge of 100 USD. I didn't use any more of ILD Services. What is this charge for?

• Vd
      11th of Aug, 2009

I noticed on my phone bill the charges for ILD Services which I did not have a clue to what they were charging me for. Anyhow, I called my local phone company and was told that I needed to call the number that was provided with the bill. My phone company told me if things did not get resolved by calling ILD then to call them back and they would make contact with ILD. My local phone also put a block on my phone so it can't happen again from any company. The block does cost anything. I then called the number ILD provided and I explained my situtation to them. The person that took my complaint explained that that it had to do with 10 15 15 800 call. When I told them I have never used 10 15 15 800 they told me they would send a check for the amount I was charged. They said it would arrive in 10 days; now I am just waiting to see if I receive a check. I believe I will receive the check because they have had problems in the past rather they deliberately on accidently misrepresented themselves to the public. It appears now they want to keep their reputation clean.