ILD Teleservices / Unauthorized billing

Our Qwest telephone bill reflected an $8.43 YOUR PRODUCTBILLSETUP charge from ILD Teleservices, Inc. I contacted their customer service department to question this charge - the agent could not, or would not, provide any details about what I was being charged for. She only stated that it was the result of an on-line request for service. I told her that we had not placed any order for any type of service on-line and that obviously the charges were either erroneous or fradulent and demanded that they credit back the charge and delete all of our information from their data-bases.

I then called Qwest to see that the charges were taken off our bill. Unlike AT&T, who according to other entries on this forum, will refund or credit customer accounts for fradulent charges, Qwest is trying to tell us that it is the LAW that any third party can make unauthorized charges to our phone bill without our approval or verification from us. Sounds like a call to the Attorney General's office might be in order!

Va

Comments

Ja
  12th of Dec, 2008

Il
  30th of Jan, 2009

Hello,

ILD Teleservices is a leading payment processor for transactions between merchants and consumers. Through contractual relationships with telephone companies like AT&T and Verizon, we give merchants the opportunity to let consumers charge products and services such as long distance, internet access, and collect calling directly to your phone bill.

As a result, instead of purchasing these items with a credit card or opening an account with the merchant, you can have a transaction billed directly to your phone. When you do, the merchant sends your transaction information to ILD, and ILD adds the charge to your phone bill. It’s a service very similar to what credit card companies provide.

If you have a charge you believe is incorrect, or if you have any other questions or concerns with ILD, please let us know. We want to address any and all issues you may have. To contact us, please email us at askild@ildmail.com. If you would prefer to call us, please call our hotline at 800-953-7765.

Thank you, and please let us know how we can help.

Ilona Olayan
ILD Teleservices

Au
  14th of Sep, 2009

There was a charge of $7.64 on my telephone bill .I talk to them and they refund $ 1.65 but had not refund the rest