iKitchen.com / Scam and fraud!

NY, United States Review updated:
On 1/23/2008 i ordered a cuisinart coffee maker,and like everyone else i was told i would get shipping,and tracking info via email which to date i have not received, when i got my order info after purchase there email had a link to check order statis that has not changed since the day of the order.

I have tried several times to contact them thru email or calling there company phone # [protected], I left a message about a week ago and they still have not contacted me and the only responds i get was an automated email that reads i should receive this item in 10 to 14 days, today is 20 days and still nothing! I hope the only good thing that happens is that the dispute i filed with paypal, and my charge card account that i get my money back.

How can this company be allowed to do business? Has any one filled a complaint with bbb, or consumer affairs? Maybe if every one that has, or is in the processes of getting screwed files a complaints we can put this company out of business!
Bi

Comments

Co
  6th of Oct, 2008
I agree. This company is terrible. I ordered a coffee maker almost 2 months ago. I started by asking for the status of the order. When no one responded to my emails, I threatened them with filing a complaint with the New York State Consumer Protection Board. Of course, I finally received a response. They told me the item would ship within the week. When I received no notice of the item being shipped, I contacted them again and asked that my order be cancelled. I received and email back saying that my cancellation request would be sent to the billing department and that I would receive a refund of my funds. Magically, only 3 days after they assured me that my order was cancelled and that I would receive a refund, I received an email saying that my order could not be cancelled in time and that the item had been shipped. I received a UPS tracking number. It has been for days since they claimed they shipped my item and yet the status on the UPS website has not changed. It states that it has received the billing information, but that the item has not yet been received by UPS. Interesting is the fact that the UPS webiste states that it received the shipping information on 8/26/08, which is 2 days after I placed the order. If the UPS website does not show that it has received the item by this Thursday, 10/9/08, I will file a complaint with the State of New York.

Another disturbing issue is that I have been receiving emails recently from the company stating that they are possibly going bankrupt. Nice.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! A GOOD DEAL ON A COFFEE MAKER IS NOT WORTH IT!
Dl
  7th of Jun, 2009
I ordered a heater from IKitchen. In the process it said the item was in stock. They charged my credit card immediately and delivery was supposed to take place within a week.

When I checked back it said to wait 3 weeks to complain about delivery. When I emailed at that time, they said they were sorry, it was not in stock and apparently they don't know when it will be in stock.

They didn't bother to tell me this before my following up. I could have ordered it somewhere else had i known, but was still waiting on them. They said they would cancel the order and refund the charge (which never should have been put through under the circumstances.)

It's been 2 weeks and I still haven't received the credit!
Cr
  2nd of Oct, 2009
I just wanted to reinforce that ikitchen is still in operation till this date and that I was an unfortunate victim. Same story, I got charged right after my order was placed (09/06/2009), it never shipped.
After many unanswered emails (phone call are useless...), they finally answered and blamed the manufacturer of the item I ordered for the delay in shipping. I contacted the manufacturer, which kindly informed me that they had discontinued the referred item last year. I am now trying to get a refund. It has been almost one month since I placed my order.
The manufacturer in question (Zadro Mirrors) has been 100% helpful. I didn't order the item form them because they did not have the color I wanted and ikitchen claimed they did (should have suspected).
But after this is resolved, I will order the mirror from Zadro directly!