iKitchen.com / Fraud

1204 Avenue U #1087Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 718-989-9318

Briefly, I purchased a "Vornado Heater" for $87.92 from "homebrands.com".
On October 19, $87.92 was deducted from my PayPal account by a "Metro Market Sales".
On October 31, I received a UPS notification that a "Gary Benson" entered a shipping bill for an 8 lb. item.
As of November 11, the item has not shipped yet, as the UPS tracking indicates.
I have previously emailed the customer service address (mailto:admin@homebrands.com) for an explanation of the long wait, as well as requesting a refund.
I have not had any response whatsoever from "homebrands.com", and I'm currently in dispute with PayPal to get a refund.
Here's where it gets interesting (I did my own online investigating)...
The address of "homebrands.com" and "MetroMarketSales" is: 1204 Avenue U #1087, Brooklyn, NY 11229 which, thanks to Google Street View, is a Mail Drop address. Their 'Customer Service' phone number (their website states is 'down') is: [protected], which is a recording. Feeling immediately uneasy, I check the Better Business Bureau online. Well, it seems "homebrands.com" also does business as: dotcom project, giant savings, homebrands.com, ikitchen.com, kitchenhomegadgets.com, hcg logistics, metromarket.com, and many more, according to the BBB listing, along with their warning not to do business with them.
Visiting "metromarket.com", one finds a similar merchant website, and when clicking "about us", one finds a photoshopped "Metro Market Stores" storefront supposedly at the same Avenue U address with a "Please visit our store when in the neighborhood". Yeah, sure.
Upon furthur investigating online, it appears that there are HUNDREDS of complaints against this company by other customers getting charged for their purchases, and not receiving their items, not only from "homebrands.com", but "ikitchen.com" and other related webstores.
"HomeBrands.com" are apprently run by a "Dave Balas", also listed at 256 W36 St NY, NY. It also seems "HomeBrands.com" Corporation is listed at 2439 South 11th Street, Niles, MI 49120 and phone number: [protected], also a recording "Lines are Temporarily Busy".
"aboutus.org" lists "HomeBrands.com" contact as: FurnitureFind Corporation [protected], also a recording "Lines are Temporarily Busy".
You see where this is going.
A search on "my3cents.com" of "ikitchen" gives one a plethora of customer complaints.
I can go on with more information I've discovered, more supposed company addresses, etc., including finding that the domain, "homebrands.com", is 'privately listed' with WhoIs.
So, one can see this company does a fine job of presenting themselves as legitimate online, but in reality, they are accepting lots of orders, but not shipping product, hence, a fraud.
I'd like to make sure others don't get taken by this now-obvious scam.
Cj

Comments

An
  21st of Dec, 2007

iKitchen.com - Never received product or money back!
iKitchen.com
www.iKitchen.com

iKitchen.com is a fraud and a major rip off scam. I wouldn't be surprised if the good reviews were made by their staff!!! Did you check out other sites with major rip off complaints?? I was ripped off $30.00 BUT I will find a way to take them DOWN!!! I will search until I do, that is not a threat but a promise. I work too hard for my money! There has to be away to make this company accountable!
De
  5th of Jan, 2008

iKitchen.com - No product sent; no contact possible, and they took my money
ikitchen.com
www.ikitchen.com

I placed an order for a waffler on 11 November 2007. My credit card was charged the next day.

I have received no product. I have received no emails.

I have contacted customer service at least 4 times, no response ever.

This is the worst online merchant I have ever dealt with.
Jo
  7th of Feb, 2008
I ordered an electric shaver from them on Jan 16, 2008 and my card was charged the same day. I received an email the item would ship within 4 days. Then I received an email saying to allow 3 weeks for shipping. I gave them the 3 weeks and then requested a refund. No response. I wrote again for a refund - again no response. I wrote again for a refund and they responded to allow an additional 10 to 14 days for shippment. They will not issue a refund. I have filed complaints against them with several consumer agencies, the FTC, my bank, their BBB, and Mastercard (so far - more to come). Don't give these people a penny - you'll never get your merchandise or your money back.
De
  25th of Mar, 2008

iKitchen.com - No delivery of product!
iKitchen.com
1204 Ave U #1087
Brooklyn
New York
www.iKitchen.com

I ordered a kitchen utensil 6 weeks ago and still no delivery and no contact from iKitchen. No response from customer service other than a "form" response telling me to allow 15 days for delivery. Emails and calls are totally useless. I am having to file a claim through my credit card company. What a mess. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SORRY COMPANY!!! WHATEVER IT IS YOU WANT IT IS NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE TO ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY AT ANY PRICE.
So

California

Order Date: Sun Jan 27 15:37:08 EST 2008
Order#: dotcoms-468649 from iKitchen.com
Item ordered: Typhoon - Vintage Blue 353-39122

It has been over 2 months but I have not received the item I purchased. They are not replying to emails either. Paid via PayPal but paypal says they can not resolve the issue because I should have disputed within 45 days of the payment.

Thanks,
soni
Th
  5th of Apr, 2008
I certainly agree with you about iKitchen.com. My PayPal payment went through on March 4, 2008, and I have not received anything from company. I filed a dispute with PayPal a week ago, asked questions on iKitchen web site, and still no responses, so I will never recommend iKitchen, and have been telling everyone i KNOW to avoid ordering from them. And to check for complaints from any online retailer before ordering.
Ch
  8th of Nov, 2008

iKitchen.com - Incorrect Product delivered
Miami
Florida

Site looks valid but inadequate information given regarding products. Bought a Juicer however, product delivered was a refurbished machine. It was supposed to be a new one as no part of their website gave any indication that this is what they were selling. Customer support is nil as there is no phone number or address to contact them. They were quick to charge my credit card so now have to cancel the card in case the site is fake.
Le
  13th of Dec, 2008
I was just about to purchase an item from ikitchen, when I did what has become routine for me - - I put IKITCHEN SCAM into the web search field, and found your post, along with numerous others. Ever since being burned a few years ago, I have used this precaution, and I recommend that others do the same - - It's a quick and pretty reliable tip (provided the web site isn't so new it hasn't been outed yet). We consumers have to stick together and avoid these jerks.
Di
  29th of Jan, 2009
THIS SITE (iKitchen.com) COLLECTS YOUR MONEY AND SENDS YOU NOTHING BUT PROMISES IN A TIMELY FASHION. FIND YOUR ITEM ELSE WHERE IF YOU WANT/NEED IT WITHIN TWO MONTHS.

THE ITEM I ORDERED IS A CHEF'S CHOICE KNIFE SHARPENER MODEL 120. I EMAILED THEM ASKING THE STATUS OF MY ORDER AFTER 15 DAYS. THEY RESPONDED BY TELLING ME THAT MY ITEM IS DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN IN THIS VOLATILE MARKET. ARE THEY JOKING? IT IS NOW 29 DAYS AND COUNTING.

I CERTAINLY WISH I HAD CHECKED THEM OUT BEFORE ORDERING.
Ly
  6th of Aug, 2009

iKitchen.com - money taken, item never shipped
Ikitchen.com
New York
Phone: 718-569-1883
ikitchen.com

I ordered a coffeemaker from Ikitchen.com in April 2009. On May 15, 2009, $69.62 was debited from my account. After cancelling my order on June 15th and requesting a refund, I still have not received my refund. I have made numerous inquiries and I am told every time that they are sending it to an account specialist and to allow 72 hours to resolve the situation. I still do not have my money.