Ikea / Brimnes Storage Bedbad service/incorrect details

I just wanted to post my terrible experience at the IKEA Baltimore store. I would include the stores phone number but they wont talk to you unless you have someones extension. Below is the email I sent to the companies President (which I will probably not receive a reply to) that explains the complaint. There is more to it, but this is the basic outline. I thought I could share my recent experience at IKEA with someone who might care. Please read below.

I recently purchased a IKEA Brimnes Queen size Storage bed from the Baltimore, MD store. The store is 2 hours away (that is not the problem but it made it harder for me for what I am about to mention) We started building the bed and couldn't get past Step 1. The instructions were calling for two boards that we did not have. Apparently IKEA now switched it to one larger board instead of two separate ones, and did not change this in the instructions. We spent a long time on the phone with the Baltimore store explaining the problem and they ended up sending us the same pieces, which nothing can be done with so now we just have three extra pieces. They also were not aware of the change in the boards until we all figured it out. We started again trying to build the bed and were stuck on Step 2. Step two calls for two boards to be connected into the one long board (as mentioned above). The holes to mount these two did not match up at all and the included bolts were not accurate.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Baltimore, MDWe again called the IKEA store for them to finally tell us these two boards are not needed, even though they look like a major part of the support system in the bed. We again moved on. We got to step 30 and it called for a piece that we clearly did not have. We searched everywhere thinking we misplaced it. We did not. After another call to the IKEA store were told this is a Skorva Mid-beam that sells for $10. They did not tell us piece had to be bought separately and needed in order for us to assemble the bed. There is no sign at the store nor did anyone mention this to us. So we had to stop again and figure out what to do next. At this point I really just want to return this bed with this mess. My question is, why is the Skorva piece in the instruction booklet with no note on what it is, or that you need to purchase this separately?? There really should be a note saying you need to buy this piece separately. So now once again, almost a month later I have a half built bed in my bedroom and again have to pay more money to finish it. The store is two hours away and they could not even send up this part we need. This whole experience has been a nightmare and I will never recommend IKEA products to anyone. It has been a waste of time and money. I just hope you can update these issues so the next person doesn't come across them. I did some research on this Skorva piece and a lot of others share my frustration with this. Why can this not be changed??

In
Jan 08, 2013

Comments

• Ta
      Jan 02, 2013
    WA Furniture Express - Never have been delivered.
    WA Furniture Express

I received damaged furniture on all three pieces from WA Furniture Express. Asked to have it all returned. They said it would be fixed and ordered parts. I don't feel that I should have to except new furniture and have to have it all fixed. The quality is terrible and should never have been delivered.

Jun 29, 2013

Absolutely the same problem; stuck on step 29 because the part for step 30 is not included. At the store they tell you you need boxes "1, 2 and 3" so we got all three boxes. Nowhere did it say you needed a fourth part and that it had to be purchased separately. Ikea is far away from us too so we don't want to go back for something THEY did wrong.

• Ra
      Jul 20, 2015

I ran into the same issue. They never mentioned about the item mentioned at step#30 (in the assembly instruction of BRIMNES queen bed) anywhere in store to purchase it. Even at the beginning of the instruction, it asks to review if all the items are available. There also its not mentioned about the part at step#30.