IHOP Restaurant / disgusting employee

United States, Florida, Sunrise Review updated:
2454 N University Drive
Phone: 954-749-4545
In April 09, my husband & 2 other couples came to the restaurant & we noticed the cook, was outside smoking a cigarette, with a dirty, disgusting, apron on. When our waitress came over we all kindly asked her, to make sure the cook (Dave) washed his hand & if he could change to a clean apron. No problem, said the waitress & she kinda agreed. She notice how digusting his apron was, I mean he is a cook (Dave), but this was about 1.am. or so.. The waitress came back & said he washed his hand & wiped them on the apron. He had a clean apron on at this point.
Then, on a early Saturday morning, 6-27-09, again around 1 a.m., my husband & I plus another couple came in, ordered our food. Finally my husband notice that other people had come in after we did, placed their orders, & received their orders. My husband askesd the waitress what was going on and the waitress said she just was about to ask the cook, (Dave) what was the problem. Dave loudly responded, " Hey I bet I got on a clean apron" & refused to cook our food, which was no problem at this point. He said loudly for everyone to hear. We asked for the manager, no manager on duty. I guess he held on to this retailation til he saw us again. Customers asked for Dave to wash his hand & put on a clean apron back im April & this is what we get.

N  2nd of Jul, 2009 by
What were you thinking when you insulted the cook like that? I mean really, what were you thinking?
A  14th of Jul, 2009 by
good for you for standing up and asking DAVE to do what his company, his manager and his home office should have made him do. If he had any sort of pride in himself or his job he would not have been seen in that manner.

You didnt insult him. you asked him when handling others food to be clean and neat.
N  11th of Dec, 2010 by
yeah you asked for that... i prolly would have made your food and spat in it.
N  16th of Dec, 2010 by
gesser-then you shouldnt be in the customer service or resturant industry.

are you really ok with eating food made by a cook who doesnt wash his hands or is just nasty in appearance?
D  1st of Oct, 2011 by