IHOP / management

15447 warwick blvd, Newport News, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7578773991

Im am an employee at ihop on warwick blvd, and really love the job but we have very bad management the employees dont really have a voice in the store .The general manager has the part owner which is a cook and his wife which is a host running our store because hes scared of them.Every time an employee has a problem they fill like theres no one to go to!!!The part owner is disrepectful and down talks everyone so its no point of even talking to him his wife is rude and barks orders all day and had the employees moods messed up all day, when we all try to be happy at work. Its seems like they are on a power trip and want eveything there way our GM evan says this. The part owner which is a cook and his wife which is a host fuss in front of everyone.All the employees start wispering when they see the part owner come because they know hes going to be walking arround with a nasty negative attitude.When he is on the line in the back everyone prints there checks to one side cause they know hes just going to talk junk about any mistakes evan if its his fault!!! Its really sad when the employees go to the GM he acts like his hand are tied.His wife is once again a host and never is in uniform and eats what ever she want in the dinning room smiling. And they made a women that almost there age cry at work by telling her she was dirty, an I think she had a clean apperance, shes a grown women it hurts my fillings hearing this.The host christine comes in any kind of way she wants.The partowner is very very unsanitary and eats over the grill and never washes his hands!!! Someone needs to do something.I fill bad for the Gm he barely has controll the tell him what to do and I have worked at plenty of restaurants and never seen this before very unprofesional by me doing this is to help everyone cause people are scared to speak up to them!!!

Comments

• Kc
      Apr 12, 2013

First of all let me explain that IHOP has nothing to do with the staff and can't tell the owner what to do or how to manage his or their employees. Second and last, if the employees are being treated unfairly and you have proof and documentation and you may be able to to file a complaint with the labor board or even file a law suite. There is always a third choice, quit and more on to another job. There are plenty of jobs out for those who are willing to work hard.

Aug 04, 2015

I have been a regular customer of this particular establishment for years, and for the most part the service and food is good. But as a business owner I must say that the way the manager speaks to her employees is despicable. Furthermore on or around 7/27/15 I witnessed a female employee named Kristina standing over by a neighboring business smoking out of a glass tube pipe. I have photo's and video of workers standing behind the little shed out back smoking marijuana, you can also smell it really strongly as you are going into the restaurant. I have witnessed this also while the male evening manager was standing outside with them. I have heard some of the waitresses make comments about the cooks getting drunk on the line. The name mentioned was Seven and I believe Brian. And the manager is supposedly aware and does nothing about it.

• Th
      Aug 04, 2015

"I have photo's and video of workers standing behind the little shed out back smoking marijuana"

Better call 9-1-1

• Re
      Aug 04, 2015

Why is this any of your business? If they are on break, they are entitled to do what they want to do. IF they are breaking a law, it is your duty to report it and if you don't you are as guilty as they are.

• Do
      Aug 04, 2015

I have witnessed much of the same things mentioned in this complaint

• Th
      Aug 05, 2015

"IF they are breaking a law, it is your duty to report it and if you don't you are as guilty as they are."

This is not true.

• Sh
      Aug 06, 2015

This is true, I have also seen a few things, but figured it was none of my business

•   Aug 07, 2015

It probably wouldn't hurt you to stay away from IHOP for a while anyway, "Sarah P.G." Maybe then your husband wouldn't stray, and you could get stares from successful white men instead of hood rats for a change. Hope this helps.