IHOP / coupons in the local paper is a rip off!

In the beginning of Jan 7 I have found a bunch of coupons for IHOP restaurant “Buy One Breakfast get one free” in our local newspaper. On 1/13/07, my husband and I decided to go to IHOP for a breakfast since we had the coupons and it seemed like a good deal. It is clearly stated in the coupon, to show it before ordering, and we did it. In response server said that we have to show it at the end when we pay. After having a breakfast my husband went to pay a bill to the cashier, and was rudely suggested to come back to the table and pay to the server. We asked server to take our money and a coupon, 3 minutes later she came back saying that they do not accept those coupons. This IHOP and other once in our neighborhood are NOT participating restaurants.

How disappointing I was, why would you even considering printing the coupons in a local newspaper, and then do that to people. Why if you have such unpleasant customer service people working there, who cannot even smile and say simple Good Morning, just to print a list of those participating restaurants, right there in newspaper, so we will not go and embarrass ourselves and bother your managers with explanations. At least we could had started our morning differently. Now we have to always find a list of participating restaurants before we go.

• Kaheem Harrison's Response, May 30, 2018

I believe it was unfair.

• Jerry Murfin's Response, Jul 10, 2018

Corporate executives are fools, drain that swamp as well !!! Hopefully your worker will lie to you as well. Bad stunt !!! LIAR, LIAR, LIAR, LIAR Well enough said. Good bye !!!

Comments

• Mi
      19th of Jan, 2008

I was at the Topeka, KS IHOP on Jan. 20, 2008 at 12:35 p.m. I was seated in the smoking section with 2 friends. I had almost finished my meal when the manager on duty asked me to put out my cigarette. I was smoking a little cigar, which looks like a cigarette and smokes like one, too. It is NOT a regular cigar. He pointed to a very small sign that was posted above the windows and above eye level that disallowed cigar smoking. I've been in IHOP at least a dozen times and no one had said anything to me about my little cigars, including the wait staff. This was after the manager was rude with another customer, who had a baby with her. He forced a form in front of that patron and told her to sign it. She refused. He then snatched the form and the pen he had given to her from her hand. This manager was rude to that lady and to me. The wait staff was great, as usual.

Unfortunately, I won't be returning to the Topeka IHOP, and I will be discouraging my family and friends from patronizing the Topeka IHOP, until I get a written apology from the manager on duty for his unprofessional and rude behavior. If that written apology is not forthcoming, then I will be alerting the local media about what happened and how management at the Topeka IHOP is unprofessional and rude. I would also suggest, if little cigars are going to be banned, that IHOP post a larger sign that is visible to customers that indicates that ALL cigars are banned. I was made to feel like I had broken a law that I wasn't even aware of.

• Rs
      23rd of Jan, 2008

I had a coupon for a buy-1-get-1 free meal. I showed the waitress when ordering . I placed the order and asked for the second meal as a "take-out" which was no problem with the waitress. She was a good waitress and said she would not order the second meal until I was ready to leave. It was brought with the bill. When paying the cashier, who was quite rude, stated that this had to be ordered from the same menu. Nothing was said about this when ordering; the waitress knew the entire situation and there was no problem with the order or with her. I refused to pay for the second meal and left it with the cashier. I am tired of rude cashiers and if this had to be from the same menu, why wasn't something said when the order was placed. There always seems to be a problem with the coupons, so why even offer them? I think it will be a long time if ever, before I visit IHOP again.

• Di
      8th of Feb, 2008

I would like to share a horrifying incident that happened to me while dining at the IHOP on Taylor road in Chesapeake VA. It was a Sunday afternoon, on the way home from Church we decided to grab a few pancakes. I got the all you can eat cakes for $4.99 YUM
    As I was digesting this flourey decadent delight, I heard a commotion in the kitchen that rivaled a sonic boom! I turned my gargantuian neck so fast my triple chins slapped so hard i was almost knocked out of my rather sticky small booth. It reminded me of times I was called to the troth. I looked in horror as this reptilian man was screaming into the face of our beloved waitress who always gasve us impeccible service Michelle. She was calmly trying to improve the restaurants quality by stating that some of the other waitresses werent doing their job and skimped on sidework. As you would expect the owner of such a fine establishment take heed of the poor girls concern I was shocked at the shabby abusive way her concerns were addressed. As tears slowly rolled down her face, I wanted to comfiort her and tell her that Frederick Blvd was hring and would be more than happy to take a waitress of her caliber into their bosom. I was going to reorder more cakes but was dismayed to see that my appetite was diminished, and believe me it takes a lot for a girl my size to lose her appetite, I want to know how an owner of the best pancake house in America can get away with treating his employees in such a manner!!!

• Ha
      24th of Feb, 2008

Last evening a friend and I dined at IHOP. The pancakes brought to us were cold, hard and dry. The chocolate chips on mine were hard like nuts, seeming to be sitting there for hours. The server took them back saying he'd have them remake them. He returned within 2 minutes. He said there were 2 plates sitting there, one bad and one fresh. He claimed he brought the wrong plate. 1 - why or what was a BAD plate of pancakes sitting where servers pick up?? 2 - my so-called fresh hot ones had already been sitting there almost 10 minutes by the time he came to find me unhappy with my 1st batch, and took them then returned with the now also cold - bad batch. My friend couldn't stomack her cold, hard and dry ones as well. We left for another restuarant serving GOOD, FRESH food.

• 06
      3rd of Apr, 2018

We love going to IHOP in Calgary, Alberta but there is only one. Will you be expanding more in Canada? PLEASE build more in Calgary Alberta. We love going to aihop when we have a large get together. Our group loves IHOP, but some of us must travel quite far. We are hoping one will be built in some of the new malls opening in different areas Calgary Alberta.. There are many new shopping malls opening in Calgary so perhaps IHOP would consider opening new restaurants here in Calgary, Alberta. Thank you. My only complaint is Not eoughI hop restaurants in Canada.

• Li
      14th of Aug, 2018
    IHOP Restaurants - I lititia Douglas Found a small roach in my pancake 🥞 that I bought on 07/29/18
    Brooklyn
    New York
    ihop.com

I lititia Douglas Found a small roach in my pancake 🥞 that I bought on 07/29/18
    I bought it from the restaurant At 2244 Church Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11226-3202 US Store# : 3273

• Yo
    IHOP Restaurants - Food/service
    Elkhart
    Indiana

Went to ihop for breakfast, took approximately 30 to get our food. It was cold and the order was wrong. We sat close to the kitchen which was.in such a disarray. And it was not just our order, all the waitstaff were returning orders. Very disappointed, I will not return

• Ro
    IHOP Restaurants - Product
    Sumter, South CarolinaSumter

I realize the shift changes at 6am, but would it be too awful difficult to leave fresh coffee and to remove sticky syrup from the table tops? My server who comes in at 6am always asks me if the table was clean. She shouldn't have to do that.

• My
    IHOP Restaurants - Price
    Niagara Falls
    Ontario
    Canada

Our first experience at IHOP will be our last. $3.99 for a coffee! Our bill for 2 children and 2 adults was $77! I had 2 eggs and 2 extremely thin slices of bacon and a tiny portion of shredded hash browns for $18! Never will I waste my money for thus skimpy cheap tasting breakfast again.

• Je
    IHOP Restaurants - Lying to the American people for profit
    USA

You run an add that you are changing your name, get many responses. I as a customer don't appreciate it. Once a liar always a liar. So in closing & I'm not lying, me & my family will not be going back to any of your restaurants !!! Hope it was worth it LIARS !!! Was a dedicated customer. IHobe my ass out of your restaurants. Good bye ihob !!!

IHOP Restaurants - Invasion of privacy and employee misconduct
    Meridian
    Idaho

Employees are tampering with servailance, recording it with their phones, disconnecting certain cameras such as office camera a DVD managers are aware. Employees are also having sexual intercourse on the roof.free meals are also being given away on a regular basis.with managers being aware. Employees are also having affairs with eachother

• Ca
    IHOP Restaurants - Spokeperson Jonathan Cheban
    Glendale
    California
    Ihop.Com

IHOB preaches social responsibility and Visions and Values to their employees yet their spokeperson Cheban has tweeted insults to women, wrote people are 'the spit he walks on'.. working people peasants.. If this is who they want representing, i will not be back

• Al
    IHOP Restaurants - Ihob
    Charleston
    Illinois

YOU CAN NOT BECOME IHOB. where are we all supposed to go at 3am to get the best pancakes in the entire world, WAFFLE HOUSE NO i'm not trying to get hep a just for some nasty waffles I WANT IHOP RED VELVET PANCAKES AT 3am. please do us all a favor and just act right and make us happy. i do not want hepatitis from waffle house save lives keep ihop.

• Ka
      16th of Aug, 2018
    IHOP Restaurants - Serivce
    Lincoln
    Alabama

The waitress we had kept reusing old cups from our table and refilling them she also took a while to take our order I will not come back to a rude place with unsanitary employee habits. This one is in Lincoln Nebraska. The name is Grace. This is the worst service we had the manger wouldn't even talk to the waitress.

• Su
    IHOP steelyard branch - Customer service
    Cleveland ohio

My family was sitting at our table waiting to order for almost 45 minutes and we just got up and walked out and no one even noticed we left and my mom went back inside and we waited 15 more minutes just to complain to them the worst service I have ever had this is the second time we have had this problem

IHOP Restaurants - Staff
    Charleston
    West Virginia

My husband and I eat at this IHOP almost every single night and latley the staff has been extremely rude and tonight refused to even serve us and the reason were given is they say we don't. Tip which isn't true at all we tip every single time we eat here. This is the one in kanawha city Charleston and we can't seem to get anything done

• Pa
    IHOP Restaurants - Pancakes
    Jacksonville
    Alabama

I walked to ihop to get the Two × Two × Two. I walked back home and I started eating. I turned my pancakes around and mold was all over the bottom of both of my pancakes. I called the manager and she accused me of lying. I've never had a problem with ihop, but her accusing me of lying made me come to this. My name is Paris Dinkins and thank you.

IHOP Restaurants - chicken and waffle breakfast
    Gulf Breeze
    Florida

Waffle was cold, tough, not crispy. Probably cooked some time before being served.
    Chicken was salty and in patty form, not chicken strips as indicated in the menu.
    Also I expected the typical fried chicken type breading on the chicken. What I received was chicken with a thin, smooth coating.

• Ka
    IHOP Restaurants - The manager
    Reading
    Pennsylvania
    IHop.com

I was fired because i was talking like everybody else.

• Al
    IHOP Restaurants - Wrong order refund
    Saint Clair Shores
    Michigan

Spoke to manager Kenya at Roseville location she told me that my meal will be refunded and that it's written in the customer service book. No one is in range the complaint was not written in book like I was told also had to pay out of pocket for entire meal when I was told different