iHerb / damaged item in order

Melbourne Metro Area, Victoria, Australia Review updated:

I have placed several orders with iHerb & recommended them to family & friends. I always choose DHL for shipping (the cost of this seems to be rising) & have had excellent service & fast delivery - thank you DHL. Last order placed on 20th April 2012 delivered on 24 April contained a serum in glass bottle which was damaged. I have emailed iHerb with pics of damaged item & requested replacement...no reply...subsequently sent further 4 emails & still NOTHING. When I compliment them on their excellent service I receive an immediate reply, seems when something goes wrong Customer Service disappears. Now looking to order elsewhere in future. Please advise if there is a Consumer Affairs Dept in US which can investigate complaints like in Australia.

Comments

• Ju
      4th of Nov, 2012

I can't agree with you. I have only pleasant experience shopping at iherb.com. It is not their fault that some items get damaged, they always pack the goods very carefully. I had about 4 orders where some stuff was damaged, emailed iherb and got full refund for the products, I didn't even send the pictures. Try to contacts them through the website Contact us form, they reply very soon there. Overall I like shopping at iherb, don't let one unpleasant experience cross all the positive that shopping there can bring. Don't forget that they offer free shipping for orders over $40. Great deal. Many of my friends shop there too, I give them my discount code ROP388 to get $5-$10 off their first orders.