Ignite Fitness / Bad Business Practice

1 United States

I worked for this gym very briefly, and not only am I struggling to get my "one" paycheck they owe me, but I had to deal with numerous complaints via telephone every day from mad and upset members or former members. These complaints ranged from getting charged "twice" every month for their gym membership, or the gym not cancelling their membership, when asked to, and contiually being charged. Myself, I was given several different reasons why my paycheck had not been issued to me, and none of them are valid reasons for holding a payroll check. The employer never gave me a W-4 to fill out, never took info. from me on the first day of work, and am now realizing that I was only there to fill in for am employee that was on vacation for that particular week. I know Florida laws are somewhat different on obtaining final paychecks, but right is right. All the complaints that I had to deal with that week from former members also made "me" look bad, as they see me as the one representing the gym. Just fed up with poorly run businesses like this. I hope the residents of Clermont see this before signing up as a member with this gym. There are several others in the area that are reputable and do things the right way.

Ma