IGN / Pathetic customer service

I have purchased from IGN before and been satisfied, so this is not a first time purchase. This time I purchased the game "World of Warcraft" through their website www.direct2drive.com

The download software they utilize would not work on my computer. Furthermore, I used every troubleshooting step on their website and could not get it to work. Also, I contacted technical support and received no response.

I immediately (just under a couple of hours) requested a full refund for this game, as I had instead purchased it successfully from another vendor.

IGN's customer service has informed me that they will not issue a refund. This is because I have received an activation key for the game and per their policy they do not issues refunds for these keys.

However, the key has not been activated and can still be sold to another customer. IGN does not see this as a solution. They have refused to issue a refund for this purchase.

Furthermore, I explained in detail to IGN that if they would not refund the purchase I would need to have the issue escalated so that further action could be pursued. IGN declined the refund AND refused to escalate the issue any further. I was told by an "associate manager" simply - "No".

I was offered credit, however, this is unacceptable as I would not like to remain a customer with a vendor that will not value its customers enough to refund money when a purchase has gone so terribly wrong. Furthermore, I will not remain a customer if the company *refuses* to even escalate the issue further!

After researching IGN I've found that they have a poor BBB rating because they ignore customer complaints. The customer service associates were extremely apathetic. Upon request I can forward you all of our correspondence via email.

Fr

Comments

• Te
      6th of Jul, 2009

Umm, just saying but it's not D2D's fault that the software doesn't work on your computer. That's your problem. Also IGN is completely right in the fact that they can't issue a refund after a key has been issued to you, even if it's not activated, but how do they know that?

Sorry buddy, they are in the right here.