iGive / Promoting wal-mart

1 South Bend Washington, United States

I just received an e-mail from iGive saying "Amazon no longer wants to help you support HAVA on iGive, which is a bit of sad news. They're leaving us on August 1, 2016." The e-mail goes on to say that there is good news, and ever-so-subtlety states "Most (other stores) offer a much, much bigger donation than the half percent Amazon offers. Walmart's donation is 3X bigger than Amazon's."

I cannot believe that any organization supposedly devoted to charity work would provide this type of free advertising for Walmart, the poster corporation for legal slavery. You know, the one that pays almost nothing in federal taxes and that WE subsidize through social service and health programs. The one that pays their CEO about $17, 000.00 per hour, but can't provide their own employees with a decent paycheck or benefits.

I'm actually kind of glad that I got this e-mail. I wonder how much iGive's top administrators makes? And how much they actually give to charities of any sort. Think I'll go look that up right after I cancel my membership with them. Jerks.

Ca