IDENTITY SECURITY / Cancellation Worked

I foolishly signed up for WWW.MYGRANTSITE.NET to learn how I good get all kinds of government grants by just applying. There has been ample discussion of this on this site, but what came along with the charge was the first two of the 3 scams below reported by another person on http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-877-205-7023. I tried this number and the operator said she had canceled my $9.95 charge per month.

"There are 3 scams you can get hit with and each will rob your debit account . IDENTITY SECURITY [protected] FROM IA (INDIANA) $9.95. FRAUDPROTECTION [protected] IA (INDIANA) $4.95 . GOOGLESUCCESSKIT 8663410767ROM IA (INDIANA)$29.95 and $1.00 . You can call and cancel but they will keep your money . Best way to avoid this is read the fine line on free trials ."

I agree, because not that long back I had a bunch of charges on my bank card that could only be stopped for sure by canceling the card and getting a replacement. Better to not fall for any of these get-rich schemes.

Bu

Baltimore
    Maryland
    Phone: 800-712-7222
    identitytheftsecurity.com

This company embedded their trial membership in the 'terms and conditions' of a governmental grant web site. If you request information for governmental grants you are automatically enrolled and have seven day to cancel. If you do not cancel within the seven days they charge you. In my case I filled out my information but canceled the transaction. There was enough information for this company to take $10.00 from my account. I requested that they refund my money. Of course, they refused.

30th of Mar, 2009

cannot contact to cancel

21st of Apr, 2009
    IDENTITY SECURITY - Unauthorized Charges & no way to cancel
    Utah

Charged my account without permission so I was charged an overdraft fee of $20. all together costing me $32.88. Also, when I called the number on my bank statement I couldn't get a hold of someone to cancel, they just put you on hold forever. I had to cancel my credit card just to get them to stop.

• Ba
      25th of Apr, 2009
    IDENTITY SECURITY - $9.95
    Martha Faulkner
    100 Wotapi
    El Dorado
    Arkansas

This company has been taking $9.95 out of my account for the last six months. I didn't give anyone the right to take my hard earned money.

• Am
      1st of May, 2009
    IDENTITY SECURITY - Unauthorised transactions
    Identity Security

I cancelled my Google Success Kit on 16th March 2009 and have been since charged from Identity Security on 23rd March for $17.64NZ & 22nd April for $17.97NZ. I went away on business straight after signing up for Google Success Kit & didn't realise that I would be charged by other companies. When I cancelled my Google Success Kit, nothing was said about cancelling anything else. I presumed that it would all be taken care of from 16th March. I have now cancelled my account but have been informed that I can't be refunded any previous charges. I can't help that I have been away & didn't have any contact details.
    It is extremely difficult to find a contact number let alone trying to get someone at the other end. I have probably spent more money trying to talk to someone than I have from the charges on my credit card!
    I am very pissed off and will NEVER sign up for anything over the internet again!

• Am
      1st of May, 2009

This happened to me also. They put you on hold which probably just cost me more for my telephone charges than what they have charged to my credit card!
    I signed up for Google Success Kit to find out what it was all about. I got called away on business straight after signing up & couldn't get back in time to cancel anything. When I cancelled my Success Kit, nothing was said about ringing anyone else. I assumed that it would all be done from the same place.
    I had to ring 4 different overseas phone numbers to get everything cancelled & was then put on hold FOREVER! I will NEVER sign up for anything over the internet again.
    Google Success Kit, Fraud Protection, Identity Security & Transaction Fee - ALL SUCK!

30th of May, 2009
    IDENTITY SECURITY - continious charges to my account
    cw identity sec

i have tryed and tryed to get this place to stop charging my account i have had to cancell my . card if anyone has any information on how to get your money back please let me know