idearc yellowpages / yellowpages.com online ad cancelation

note: yellowpages.com is now run by idearc.

I originally signed up with their high pressure salesman a few years ago because I was interested in expanding my business and online marketing.

I noticed the click reports I was getting under 10 clicks a month, for $200. As this doesn't make economical sense i decided to cancel.

Once in a while someone did call utilizing the ad, but the real problem occurred when I wanted to shut it down. I like the ability to market when I see fit, and my other online campaigns allow me to do this. I was assured by the salesman in the beginning I could adjust my account at any time; else I would have never signed up.

After a year and a half of service, I decided to terminate my relationship with them, and sent emails to my original account manager who signed me up. Over the course of 2 or 3 months I kept sending emails, then started calling, requesting to cancel the account.

Finally, I got this original guy on the phone, who informed me I was under contract. I explained to him this was news to me. I proceeded to talk to his manager, who would not budge. They both claim I signed up and they have a recording of the phone call. I've asked for this recording and they continue to not provide it to me.

I had to cancel the check card they kept hitting for $200 a month.

I get collections calls (most of which I ignore) from them, despite the numerous cancellation requests via voice and email.

I honestly never would have signed up for a year contract, and if I had by mistake, certainly wouldn't have done it twice. Not knowingly at least. This leads me to believe their business practices and sales calls are misleading, and their refusal to cancel the account (or even discuss suspending it for later use and work with their customer) has forced me to recommend against anyone signing up with yellowpages.com.

Frank from Virginia

D  23rd of Mar, 2009 by
Yellowpages.com works great for businesses, you must know what you're signing or agreeing to. Many businesses will not let you out of a contract at anytime, you must fulfill the contract. Now there's typically an early out date once you fulfil the 12 month contract, and at that time you can cancel the agreement.
N  12th of Jun, 2009 by
We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and email back to me at: customerservice@Idearc.com

Your Full Name and Title:

Business Name:

Business Telephone Number:

State in which your Business resides:

Your Contact Number:

Best time to call you:

E-mail address:

Brief Complaint Description:
N  23rd of Feb, 2010 by
I am sorry that you are happy with yellowpages.com. I was looking online and found a website that your business can have a ebillboard for FREE. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Pat that has an ebillboard. We talking about his ebillboard and he told me that can see how many people have visit this ebillboard.