Idearc / Yellow Pages Advertising / Extremely difficult to cancel ads!

Orange County, CA, United States Review updated:
Stay away from advertising with Idearc. It is nearly impossible to cancel---it's difficult to contact them to find out cancellation deadlines... which they can change at will. Your cancellation must be in writing--but will only be accepted during certain months. Nothing on your monthly bill indicates any type of editing or cancellation deadlines, or automatic renewals. The information that you receive over the phone from customer service may be incorrect--hence--you get locked into another full year of advertising.

Comments

Ma
  6th of Apr, 2008
I agree. They are hard to get a hold of and have poor customer service. There rep is no where to be found. I was given a crossover phone number with alot of phone calls coming into it. The only problem was they were not for me. Verizon made the money on the phone bill and ideac made it on the ad. I shut the phone number down and called Idearc media. They told me that I should have shut my company down. Poor customer service and will never advertize with them again.
Ba
  6th of Apr, 2008
I Agree 110%. This is the most unethical, immoral company that deliberately violates accepted business principles of right and wrong. They are impure, unjust, depraved, licentious, and obscene.
Fr
  26th of Mar, 2009
Unfortunately, when dealing with advertising in any print ads like the phone book, your advertisement is there until the next book comes out, so yes your stuck with the bill cause thats part of the agreement. But as an advertiser you should know your contract. Ask questions, read the contract and know what you are getting into. If you just purchase blindly, then you shouldn't be in business. Only smart business owners thrive and understand the importance of advertising. I have never had a problem with Idearc cause I knew what I needed to do.

~Frank
My
  7th of Jun, 2009
I agree too. This is one company that should not be in business. I was persistent and made sure they cancelled my contract only to appear a year later. This time they caught hold of my employee and got a phone authorization. When I contested saying my employee was not authorized to make financial decisions they simply said its our internal matter. I was on vacation during that time and any proof submitted to them that she was not authorized and I was out of town went to deaf ears. I am contesting thier mode of taking voice authorizations without the owner being present. This amounts to fraudulent practice of getting business.
Id
  4th of Aug, 2009
We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and email back to me at: customerservice@Idearc.com

Your Full Name and Title:

Business Name:

Business Telephone Number:

State in which your Business resides:

Your Contact Number: