Idearc Media / Advertising

1 PO Box 619810TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-555-4833

Sometime in 2006, Idearc took over the yellow pages for Verizon. I was notified by phone regarding putting an ad in the yellow pages again. I called back and left a message that I wanted to renew the same ad. I never heard from them, so I thought It was all set. I received a bill stating that as of then,
I owed nothing. The new book came out and my ad
wasn't in it. I called them and they said I owed $450 for 2006. I knew nothing about it because I got a statement that said I owed nothing. I should
have gotten a courtesy call bringing this to my attention. I have advertised with Verizon for 10 years and always paid my bill. They said they are
still part of verizon. If they were, they should have my records and know what kind of customer I was.
I kept getting a bill and then a collection agency called me. The lady was very sympathetic with me.
She mentioned to me that several others businesses
had called with the same complaints. We reached a
settlement in which I got about $60 off the bill. It doesn't sound like much, but it was at least something since Idearc cost me thousands of dollars
in business. This year came along and Idearc contacted me to run an ad in the yellow pages again. Well, we all know that we need the yellow pages for advertising so I explained what had happened and said I would like to try again. Do you know that they wouldn't let me put my ad in until I
paid that lousy $60 back to them. I paid them. To
make this really long story short, they put my ad in
with a web page that belongs to someone else. There goes thousands more. I have a transportation
co. With gas prices the way they are, I don't need somone else getting my business. This is the first time I've ever had a web page. This company is a joke and before long with all the mistakes they've made, they'll declare bankcrupcy and take a lot of other businesses down with them.
I would appreciate any help or advice you could give me.

Sincerely,
Sherry Hawkins
Van-Go Transport @ Courier
vangotransport@verizon.net

Comments

• Mh
      11th of Dec, 2008

This company screwed up my yellow page ad the past two years. First they put my home address in the ad and then lied about it when I questioned them about it. They said that they got it directly from Verizon and that I asked for that change. Who in their right mind would list their home address in an ad when their business is a mobile service?

This year after working with my sales rep (and his manager) for two months to get the ad right (after I threatened to cancel the ad because of the previous year screw up), going back and forth via e-mail, fax and phone calls and finally getting the ad the way I wanted it, guess what happened- THEY DON'T EVEN RUN THE AD!

They cost me business last year because of mad customers showing up at my home and finding no one home (I'm out conducting my mobile business); and, they will be costing me business again this coming year because they didn't even bother to run my ad in their book.

I also advertise with the AT&T yellow pages in my area and they get the ad right every year so I've been increasing the ad each year, I benefit so they benefit. Their sales reps make you feel like they truly care about your advertising needs whereas Verizon could care less.

Believe me, this is my last year with Verizon and their advertising arm, Idearc Media, and I am going to cancel the three phone lines I have with them and go with AT&T. In my small way, going to cost them some business like they have done to me. Don't know what is wrong with Verizon but they need to get rid of Idearc Media or continue to lose customers.

• St
      10th of Mar, 2009

I tried advertising with Idearc Meadia back in O6. A very nice young man named Jerimah came to my office which is a plumbing company with 5 employees I showed him the add's that I was placing in other phone books he cut one of them and paper cliped it to the sheet that I signed. When the proof came it was nothing like what I had agreed to my logo was changed, I called them immediately and they told me the add had already gone to print, but they said they would give me a credit. I paid the bill the first two month all the while I called them and ask them what the credit would be they coud never tell me. Then they started sending me to voice mail and would never return my call. Then they started hounding me for payment, I kept telling them that I wanted to know what the credit would be, but they never could tell me. Then they shut the phone number off now they are saying they are going to sue me for the full amount. Someone needs to put them out of business, they cost me time, money and customers.
    The customers who called thought we had gone out of business. Now the collector tells me that the contract I signed that my ad was paper clipped to said they might not get it right but I would pay anyhow.

• Id
      24th of Mar, 2009

We are also in the Plumbing business!! What a scam Idearc Media is.

• Pa
      24th of May, 2009

May 25, 2009

Dear, Idearc Media LLC

This is a cancellation notice for Account #490002536612

I cancel the print directory ads, electronic ads, and

electronic services. I will file a civil claim in 10 days for all

monies owed if the account is not closed.

Patrick Home Assembly

Patrick David Rawls

2314 Reinerman Street

Houston, Texas 77007

713-392-2384

This letter is to reaffirm prior cancellation notice sent

dated 5-15-09 by certified mail to address shown on

electronic contract.

Idearc Media LLC, MC 12

P.O. Box 610609

D/FW Airport, TX. 75261

• Id
      10th of Jun, 2009

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and email back to me at: customerservice@Idearc.com

Your Full Name and Title:

Business Name:

Business Telephone Number:

State in which your Business resides:

Your Contact Number:

Best time to call you:

E-mail address:

Brief Complaint Description:

• Ke
      14th of Jun, 2009

they sent me a collection bill for over 100 dollars
    i never addvertised with this bunch ... they are trying to rip off us ..
    ken's

• Pa
      21st of Jul, 2009

I filed a civil claim against Idearc Media LLC/Jennifer L. Swann. The case number is SC11C0013202 It would be nice if you could send a letter to Justice of the Peace Precinct 1, Place 1, Judge Dale Gorczynski, 7300 N. Shepherd, room 138, Houston, Texas 77091-2437 and give your experiences with this company and their tactics. I have gone to his court before and know he will read the letters and have an understanding on the complaints.

Thanks, Patrick David Rawls www.patrickhomeassembly.com