Idearc Media / can't cancel ad

1 P.O. BO X619810TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-491-9701

Be aware once you sign up any advertising with Idearc Media, it will automatically renew without your authorization. You won’t have a chance to cancel your ad.

My ad expire in Janunary this year. There was no sales rep calling me to discuss if I want to change or continuing the ad on the Verizon directory. However, the Idearc Media automatic renew the ad for me for another year. In March 18 and March 24 this year, I have try to contact any one who will cancel my ad. I got transfer on the line for at least 10 differnent persons for almost 2 hours. The phone number were [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected] and [protected]. Finally I got to the person who is supposed to be in charged of my account : Scott Bower. I told him that after spending on the phone for 2 hours I want to cancel my account totally, but no one will help me. He said he will take care of it. I thought I would have peace of mind.

A week later, on 4/24/08, I got a call from collection for unpaid bill with Idearc Media, for the month of Februray, March and April. I thought this would have been taking care by Mr. Scott Bower in the previous week. So I got on the phone with Idearc Media, and of course I need to spend another 2 hours got transfer back and forth to different department. Finally, I got someone finally seem helpful. Her name is Lisa Caster at extension 4866, she said on the record, “the published book is cancel, but customer had request to continue on the on-line advertisting” Howver, I have never authorize for such an ad. I finally realized I am invoved in a scam and a rip off.

I feel so angry, I go online and type in keyword: Idearc Media complaint. Wow, the information is overwhelming. And of course, I am going to post my story.

How can a very well known ('can you hear me now?') company like Verizon allow Idearc Media to operate to the ruin of their good name?

Comments

• Gl
      1st of Oct, 2008

I agreed to review internet advertising. I was supposed to get information in the mail. Three months went by and I get a bill that is two months past due. I called to inform them of the mistake and they tell me that I agreed to the advertising. The advertising is not on the internet. They found some old info on my company and tried to claim that was the correct advertising. Mind you, they guaranteed 8 leads per day. Nine months later, I am still waiting for leads. My account is also 9 months past due. They refuse to cancel. My bill has been sent to 3 separate collection agencies who say that it's taken care of--but it never is. Today I filed a complaint with the attorney generals office in CA. What is everyone else doing to resolve their complaints?

20th of Oct, 2008

I too got ripped by them. There has to be an attorney somewhere that want to help all of us.
    Here are the numbers & names I got, I hope to help someone.
    972 453-7000 Scott Cline CEO
    In CA. Denise Holloway 972 453-7553
    Appeals 800 555-4833

good luck

• Yv
      21st of Oct, 2008

Yes, I totally agree. Idearc Media needs to be sued. I am so glad I read all of the complaints regarding this poor excuse for a business. They are a bunch of "CROOKS". It is because I read the complaints, that I will send them a certified letter so they won't automatically renew me. It seems that my representative failed to inform me of this clause, however, thanks to the many complaints, I am now aware of this ruthless scheme.
    Unfortunately, I am in an excrutiating year long committment with these "dogs" and I don't want to mess up my credit, so like many of you, I have to eat the year long fee. I hope and pray that more people who have been scammed by Idearc Media, come forward to let others know about these people and perhaps they will go out of business because of it.

• Pa
      24th of May, 2009

May 25, 2009

Dear, Idearc Media LLC

This is a cancellation notice for Account #490002536612

I cancel the print directory ads, electronic ads, and

electronic services. I will file a civil claim in 10 days for all

monies owed if the account is not closed.

Patrick Home Assembly

Patrick David Rawls

2314 Reinerman Street

Houston, Texas 77007

713-392-2384

This letter is to reaffirm prior cancellation notice sent

dated 5-15-09 by certified mail to address shown on