Idearc Media / Idearc Media Ripped me off

1 Laguna Niguel, CA, United States Review updated:

I had advertising with Idearc Media which was Verizon at the time in 2005. I did not place advertising with them in 2006, yet got billed for it. Also in 2007 I got billed. After three years in december of 2008 I got billed again. Try calling them, I spent 57 mintues on the phone the first time and 37 minutes the next time and 1 hour and 3 minutes the last time that I called them. Avoid advertising with them. Avoid talking to them. Do not do pay per click, print or any other sort of advertising with them. They will get you. They will charge you. They will ruin your credit if you do not pay them, even if you do not have a contract with them. They are a bunch of ###. Idearc sucks.

Comments

• Dt
      4th of Mar, 2009

Received an Idearc Media book at our establishment via: u.p.s. Contacted Idearc Media for info regarding the return of this book. The irony of this delivery is that it belonged to a previous company which resided in our building. Since we have the same phone number, Idearc has employed 3 collection agencies to collect the funds due for this advertising from us. The irony is that our company does not and never has signed or accepted any Idearc Media Contract. The previous company went out of business. I was told from Idearc that since we signed for the "Book" upon arrival at our establishment, we are responsible for the advertisng???? It's not even our company which advertisies. Upon calling and writing letters, I was told it's Company Policy that if the book is delivered to you and you sign for it, you are automatically responsible for the billing. What a load of crap!!! The collection agencies are extremely rude, disgusting and completely illegal in their attempt to collect these funds. Any ideas as to how I can stop these disturbing call?

• Id
      4th of Jun, 2009

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and email back to me at: customerservice@Idearc.com

Your Full Name and Title:

Business Name:

Business Telephone Number:

State in which your Business resides:

Your Contact Number:

Best time to call you:

E-mail address:

Brief Complaint Description:

• Jb
      29th of Jun, 2009

I agree. Idearc media is a scam people! The sales rep KEVIN VO said I could cancel anytime, just talk to him. They will say anything to get you to sign up with them. Do not get suckered into the pay per click ripoff. Idearc was charging me $600 a month and I got zero phone calls. Yes, thats right zero. How do I know, We went out of business in the first 3 months and we ask everyone who calls how they heard of us. We are a construction company, so its not hard to find out where your calls are coming from. Maybe the sales reps are clicking on your ad when they are off work. I had to cancel my credit card because they would not stop billing me. Now they are trying to ruin my credit. They don't care about their clients, disregard the liar above. I have talked to everyone I can over there. They want $800 more dollars for the time we wern't in business. They all will go to hell for what they are doing to honest people. Pretty soon they are going to make the wrong person mad and I'll be clapping.