Idearc Media / Automatic renewal

1 PO Box 619009DFW Airport, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-555-4833

DO NOT advertise in Verizon Super Pages!!!
You will think that the deal is done, but "no" it's not! The next year you will receive a bill. Yes, in the five page contract it clearly states that it is your responsibility to send written correspondences during a certain time period (located on a different page) to make any changes to your ad or to cancel your contract. Your sales rep will neglect to inform you of this. I called to complain about the situation three times. First call they hung up on me making me call again and go through the hour long menu choices. Second call I was told there were no supervisors, they had all gone home for the day. I asked when they were going to be available and was told the hours Idearc Media was open, Well, I was calling during those hours, hmmm. The rude man clued me in that the supervisors don't all stay all day! Well, what are their hours I asked... Ma'am I have already told you our hours. And then I was asked if I understood and he hung up on me! Sooo, I called again and asked for a supervisor, the lady said she was a supervisor and asked how she could help. Well, what a surprise, as I was told there were no supervisors! I once again explained how we did not want the ad we were being charged for. She once again told me that it was our responsibility and that there was nothing that could be done. Well I fully disagree! Everyday I am sending them every complaint I can find, a written cancellation, and a phone call asking for a reversal of charges.! Large companies should not be able to take advantage of small businesses. It is time to fight back. Please write in your complaints if you have also been taken advantage of with this horrible company. I would also wage a war of complaints and phone calls to them. Let's fight back!

Lo

Comments

20th of Oct, 2008

I Agree, lets fight back. Has anyone gotten an attorney to fight, share that number please.
    I got conned too. I never got the Terms & Conditions. On the contract I signed it says "maybe renewed.." Leaving room for the salesman to con.

• Pi
      6th of Nov, 2008

I advertize in 2 other Yellow Pages, and none of them have ever auto renewed my contract. This is the only book Verizon / Idearc that did. They never sent a renewal letter stating when are renewal was. The never contacted us to see if anything changed on the ad. IF anyone has information on how to get the ad cancelled and money back please let me know.

• Re
      17th of Dec, 2008

I have a small company with no employees I had been advertizing with verizon for 7 years and our fees for our ad was added onto our phone bill. about 2 years ago Idearc took over and started billing separately. 2 months before the end of our 2007 term was up (Feb) I contacted Idearc to tell them I no longer wished to advertise with them. they told me that it was too late to cancel and I would have to pay regardless. I asked how they could do this and Idearc told me they have the right to renew our ad and charge however much they want for it without getting approval. I have never signed anything with them to this effect. they also said that they got a 3rd party verification speaking with someone at my company with authorization. They faxed me over a 1 page form with my husbands name on it with no SS# or ID# just a name. well, my husband doesn't even work at my business! I think it is all B.S! I also told them I wished to cancel for the 2009 advertising since they would be automatically renewing my ad, and they said they couldn't cancel and I would have to call back in October to cancel for the 2009 issue because they wouldn't let me cancel until After October of 2008 (10 months later)
    I don't know how Idearc can get away with this. It seems like they are doing it a lot to people. Has anyone complained to the B.B.B. or any other government agency about this?

• Hw
      21st of Jan, 2009

Idearc Media Corp has slick talking salespeople with NO customer service. Once you start receiving billing statements, you will never stop - even if you cancel your contract. Beware of this company, nothing but a headache - migraine headache

• Pu
      21st of Jan, 2009

I SIGNED ON WITH Idearc 2 years ago after being lied to about how much business I was goint to get, was lured into salemans home for job estimate and promise of them going ahead with work (never happened) have been attempting to cancel since january 2007, they say they cannot do anything because my letter to cancel was after the 14 day cancelation period.so I never paid them much, now I owe them $12000.00 and are adding interest every month, its going now to the third collection agency whom called yesterday but no message, i googled the number cr solutions. do I need a lawyer ? I have documentation of all the letters, faxes, phone calle I've made to Idearc to cancel. They don't care!!!
    JB

• Id
      24th of Mar, 2009

WE own a small business in CA. They really messed up our 2009 ad, led us on a wild goose chase for answers then promised us in writing, they were going to adjust our bill accordingly. ALL OF THE SUDDEN. NO DEAL & WE"RE screwed. Not only did they not make the MANDATORY CHANGES, THEY LEFT US HANGING. PLEASE WRITE TO ME SO WE CAN DISCUSS SOME STRATEGIES. THANKS! eyewilltyrannize@aol.com Thanks!!! ASAP!

• Gi
      9th of Jun, 2009

You need to contact your State Attorney General. Tell them your story and ask them to send a complaint form, or you can fill it out online.

Also contact the Federal Trade Commission, or you can fill out their complaint form online.

You may also file a complaint with your local BBB.

This place has dozens of complaints.
    Google: Idearc Media Scams, Idearc Media Rip-Off, Idearc Media complaints

• Id
      12th of Jun, 2009

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and email back to me at: customerservice@Idearc.com

Your Full Name and Title:

Business Name:

Business Telephone Number:

State in which your Business resides:

Your Contact Number: