Idearc Media / Horrible service, billing, false representation

1 CA, United States Review updated:

This is a scam operation. What ever you do never sign a contract of any kind with this company. I did and I am still paying for a service which I am not receiving. They have double charged my card for months. They have continued to charge my card for months after I terminated service with them.
I have a successful online company, Idearc assured me that they were the best at search engine PPC management company with a great track record. After they took over my PPC my sales dropped 35% and where I was in the top 5 listed in my category before they took over I dropped to 114th position. When I contacted them about it they said they didn't know why. The rep was terrible, I was doing a much better job of managing my PPC than the rep was. I terminated the campaign with them and went back doing it my self. My sales returned to where they were before they took over and now I am doing 35% more business. I am still paying them $500 a month to do nothing, and they won't let me out of my contract. They bill me every month but provide me absolutely nothing!!! If I hadn't taken my PPC campaign back over when I did after 3 months I would be out of business right now. All said and done signing the contract with them is going to cost me about $15, 000. Lost up in smoke money, all for just a complete nightmare. Oh by the way I got a letter from them the other day, they are filing chapter 11. I am not surprised. I hope this post will save you the trouble of doing business with this company!!!

Comments

• Pa
      24th of May, 2009

May 25, 2009

Dear, Idearc Media LLC

This is a cancellation notice for Account #490002536612

I cancel the print directory ads, electronic ads, and

electronic services. I will file a civil claim in 10 days for all

monies owed if the account is not closed.

Patrick Home Assembly

Patrick David Rawls

2314 Reinerman Street

Houston, Texas 77007

713-392-2384

This letter is to reaffirm prior cancellation notice sent

dated 5-15-09 by certified mail to address shown on

electronic contract.

Idearc Media LLC, MC 12

P.O. Box 610609

D/FW Airport, TX. 75261

• Id
      3rd of Jun, 2009

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and email back to me at: customerservice@Idearc.com

Your Full Name and Title:

Business Name:

Business Telephone Number:

State in which your Business resides:

Your Contact Number:

Best time to call you:

E-mail address:

Brief Complaint Description:

• Pa
      13th of Jun, 2009

i filed a civil claim against Idearc Media LLC/Jennifer L. Swann. The case number is SC11C0013202 It would be nice if you could send a letter to Justice of the Peace Precinct 1, Place 1, Judge Dale Gorczynski, 7300 N. Shepherd, room 138, Houston, Texas 77091-2437 and give your experiences with this company and their tactics. I have gone to his court before and know he will read the letters and have an understanding on the complaints.

Thanks, Patrick David Rawls www.patrickhomeassembly.com