Idearc Media Advertising / did not perform as promised

United States Review updated:
The current owner of my business is retiring as of 12/31/07 and I will be purchasing the business. I called Verizon to change all listings to my name 6/25/07. The directory cutoff was 7/6/07. I spoke to Marcie at [protected]. Lo and behold, when the October 2007 directory came out, my name is nowhere to be found. All listings are still in the old owner's name, Rex E. Ratcliffe. Now one of us, either he or I, must pay for the entire year's advertising, even though it's for a company that will not even be in business. I tried to resolve it with Verizon, who blamed Idearc. Idearc did finally call me back (Stacey at [protected] ext. 2738) but said it was the phone company's fault and that they could offer me a better deal for the Oct 08 directory to compensate. This does not address the issue that somebody has to pay almost $1,000 for an advertising contract that is completely wrong. Please help!

Comments

Sa
  11th of Dec, 2007
We have had the same problems with Idearch. They auto renewed our listing with the old company name per "terms and conditions" of the contract. We are willing to pay a portion of the charges, but not the full amount, as the listing has the incorrect company name. Over the past six months we have attempted to reach an agreement with customer service, and each time we try to speak with a supervisor we are told someone will call us back. However, we have never received a call from a supervisor, or any other customer representative for that matter. Instead of Idearch calling us to attempt to reach a resolution, they have passed the bill onto collections. Does anyone have advice on how to resolve this issue with a company that will not budge?
Gr
  5th of Dec, 2008
Hello I agree with you, I sold advertising for Yellow Pages for over 20 years... There is an alternative to directory advertising, visit www.GREENis theNEWYELLOW.com to find out more!