Ideal Wealth Builders / Unauthorized Charge

1 NV, United States

I was checking my statement and found a charge of $29.95 for an unknown membership fee that I did not authorize. I called the merchant number indicated on the bank transaction information, which further confirmed I had never heard of this company before and wonder how they got my credit card information. I then looked them up on the internet and realized I wasn’t the only victim in their scam. I immediately called my credit card company to dispute the charge, which is another round of red tape requiring I contact the merchant to officially cancel something I never activated to begin with and complete a dispute form. I was laid off in December and need to be going on interviews instead of wasting my time on this crap. Why is this company still in business anyway? I will also register a complaint with US Attorney General, but wonder how much money they will rip off before they are forced to shut down and reopen under another name. I love America and the freedom we represent, but why does our system allow this sort of thing to happen?

Tr