Ideal Tax ServicesFraud and scam

1 Review updated:

I needed to have past taxes filed. I found Joe Zuniga with Ideal Tax Service (it even sounds cheesy now). Joe gave me all of these warnings of how the IRS was going to get me in trouble and don't trust them and he would handle everything. Joe then asked me for $2500 upfront. I really feel stupid writing this.

I contacted the IRS and handled it myself with an IRS agent that was very helpful - not at all how Joe Zuniga described. The IRS agent told me that I had been taken advantage of. When I told Mr. Zuniga that I had taken care of it. He made up a bunch of lame excuses of why he couldn't return my money right away.

Then he would never return phone calls or would hide like a coward when I should up at his office. He is a sleaze ball, don't fall for his scam like I did. He doesn't have a pot to piss in and spends the money as soon as you pay him. I have heard he has gambling and drug problems. He sounds convincing, don't fall for it.

Le

Comments

• Pr
      Dec 16, 2008

Ideal tax's so-called service claimed to save me a lot of money and avoid paying taxes. It did until the IRS rejected my returns (business and personal). I could have done it myself and saved a whole lot of aggravation. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. If you can't do it yourself choose another tax preparer. Ideal Tax is worthless!

• Pr
      Dec 16, 2008

H&R block is cheaper and will get you better results.

Jun 25, 2009

My husband and i just called Ideal Tax Services and the phone is disconnected.
    We have used him for two years. I need my old records. Any wood of him elswhere

• Ca
      Sep 10, 2009

Since Joe never returned my phone calls, I tried to pay him a visit but the lights were out and the door was locked. There were however 4 boxes of peoples personal financial information including tax returns with social security numbers, bank and investment statements, etc...
    I looked thru them and couldn't find mine. Looking back I should have taken them all and shredded them. I keep hearing more and more shady things about Joe Zuniga and Ideal Tax.

• Ir
      Feb 17, 2010

The IRS is calling me non-stop from Joe's mistakes. I am so upset I don't know what i'll do if I find that SOB. Does anyone know of an decent, honest accountant the can fix a huge mess?

•   Mar 08, 2012

Joe Zuniga is/has owned or been involved with Ideal Tax Solutions LLC, Ideal Tax Services LLC, Sea Tax LLC, Easy Payroll Solutions LLC and Suzanne Hayden who ripped off customers to the tune of over $100, 000. Joe Zuniga has Tax Warrants for not paying his/his company's taxes, and Joe was arrested on 3/6/12 for contempt of court as he didn't abide by an order of income withholding. What kind of bookkeeper can't manage his own books? I am happy to see that Zuniga is getting some of what he deserves. Joe Zuniga is slick and can get people to believe him, but in reality he is just another petty Con Artist and will take your money. He is not a CPA and only has a basic understanding of the Tax Code, but he is very good at making things up and telling you what you want to hear. I urge everyone to find a real CPA and steer clear of this clown.

• Fr
      May 18, 2013

This company provides very little training to new hires and puts them on the phone to slowly upsell the clients over a period of weeks. They can amount to $5000 in fee's. They also fire employee's without remorse. They also discriminate employee's. Ali is in charge and he is frequently not in the office and has his personal assistant/manager in charge of the sales floor which she cannot handle by herself, so expect lousy service.

• Go
      Jun 23, 2014

To each of you: It's now 2014 and Joe is under a different name perhaps but it's still the same practices so beware! You couldn't find a worse fake professional without credentials than Joe Zuniga. He is not a CPA, nor does he have a HS diploma. Please do your homework before providing your money. I know this person personally and he will take your money and run. At some point I am hopeful the IRS catches up with him but until then just go to a credentialed professional unless you want IRS tax attorneys auditing, and the IRS themselves coming after you. Word of advice. Steer clear! By the way...for the person needing her records [protected] will get him on the phone. I challenge each of you to turn in the actions of Joe Zuniga. Best of luck!