Ideal Savings Voicemail / billed w/o authorization

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

On my Verizon Local Phone bill was a section with charges from "Other Providers"
In the details the following company was listed: OAN Services, Inc. Ideal Savings Now LLC Voicemail Nationwide with charges of 14.95 plus tax (1.05) total charge = $16
I called the numbers listed on the bill to cancel the service and then stayed on the line (which was required) to request a refund of the charges. The attendent was courteous and promised to initiate a refund which would be credited to my Verizon Bill in "one to three billing cycles". I will diligently check subsequent bills to verify the charges have been refunded.

Comments

• Sh
    Ideal Savings Voicemail - unauthorized billing
    Sacramento
    California

We have AT&T and also received unauthorized charges for 15.32. The cs rep was rude and insisted we authorized this service via the interent "somehow." With some persistence she agreed to credit the charges. There were two months they billed us for, just received my bill and one charge is still there so here we go again! Who are these people???
    Sher

• Mu
      23rd of Feb, 2010

I had this happen with new service from ATT. yours may be different problem I can;t tell.

With me, apparently a THIRD party is allowed to access/add servicves charging $14-$16. and it comes monthly, ATT is not allowed to take it off, but will give you the service number of the company, and when I called and complained to that company they took off 3 months of charges, but you have to get the number from ATT, or see if it is on your billing.
    KEEP calling ATT and asking for a resolution or contact number, and keep calling them, there is some loophole in the system that alerts these scam companies to tag a bill onto a new service, or change of service. I still can't believe this is possible and can't be prevented.

23rd of Feb, 2010

I had the same experiences as the person here, only with my at&t. I asked the clerk when I signed up for this service. She couldn't tell me the time. She just told me at some point, I entered my name and email address on a webpage. What is that supposed to mean?