Ideal Savings / false charges on My Verizon bill

1 Naches, WA, US Review updated:

August 2009 Phone bill with Verizon NW showed a third party transaction charge for $14.95 plus tax and fees from Verizon NW that I did not know about or authorize.
I called Verizon and put a block on this number but was told (by phone) I had 30 days to contact Ideal Savings about the August billing charge and get it removed from my phone bill or I might be re-charged by my phone company later. '
After checking online I found this is not an mistake and there were many people billed for this bogus service and fraud and want to pursue my compliant here.

Mt

Comments

• Ni
      Sep 03, 2009

My mom is seeing the same thing from two different email addresses. Do you have any idea how it started?

• Gk
      Jan 02, 2010

I also had to months of this on my landline ATT&T service. No idea how it got onto my phone bill and when i called Ideal Savings, they gave me some stupid e-mail address which wasn't mine. Then, when they check, they said i had visited some site and signed
    up. They couldn't tell me what site it was. I was told i should see 2 credits within 1-3
    billing cycles. How the heck could this happen? I have all the virus protections, spyware protections, etc. on my pc.

• Am
      Mar 22, 2010
    Ideal Savings - billing without authorization
    Flower
    Texas
    Phone: [protected]

I had to go back 6 months on my Verizon bill but we too were getting charged $14.95 every month for Ideal Savings VM. Didn't know what it was and finally called Verizon. They told me it was a 3rd party and we'd have to deal directly with them. The CS Rep at Ideal Savings told me I must have signed up for it at some point. I know I didn't and had to fight tooth and nail to get them to refund me the money. We'll see if that ever happens. What a scam!

• Je
      Jun 01, 2010

I also had 2 months of this on my verizon service. Same thing some stupid e-mail address thats not mine. It's Ideal Savings trying to rip people off I will cancel my Verizon ASAP. And I will not pay for anything I DID NOT APPROVE. Verizon, ATT and any other company that this is happing to needs to step up and stop these scamers from doing this (and they can stop this) if they wont then they dont deserve our business.