Ideal Feet Orthotics / Left foot became numb

1 Plano, TX, United States Review updated:

I purchased two pairs of Ideal Feet ladies orthotics on Tuesday, October 23, 2007. I started wearing the orthotics in my tennis shoes according to instructions (1 hour the first day, 2 hours the second day, etc.). I wore the orthotics up through the following Sunday morning [protected]) which was six days and had to discontinue wearing the orthotics because my left foot had become numb. The numbness continues and has extended into my left calf. I visited my primary care physician on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 and after a thorough examination she determined I have some nerve inflammation from my left foot into my calf.

Since that time I have been on Medrol Dosepack and Lyrica. I have seen a Podiatrist and a Neurologist several times and I had an MRI. To date, I had some terrible pain in the bottom of the foot for several days, skin tightness and severe numbness. I still have foot and calf numbness although it seems to be getting a little bit better every day with the medication.

I have written a letter to Ideal Feet in Plano, Texas to the store manager and explained the situation to him. I told him that the Podiatrist told me I should not wear those orthotics at all in the future and therefore I would like my money back since I only wore one pair of orthotics for 5 days and can no longer wear them. I spent over $400.00 for two pairs of "custom orthotics" that were supposed to help with plantar fasciitis which I have in both feet. The letter was sent to Ideal Feet on November 7, 2007 certified with signature required and to date I have not heard back from them except receipt of the signature for the letter. I am very dissatisfied with Ideal Feet and would not recommend them to anyone. They are overpriced and they are not custom; they have pre-packaged orthotics in the back room according to your shoe size (although they take measurements of your foot, etc. making you think they have "custom orthotics" for your feet).

What are you suggestions in trying to return my orthotics and get my money back?

Paula Louzau
2705 Harborview Blvd.
Rowlett, TX 75088

Va

Comments

• Cu
      20th of Mar, 2008

Ideal Feet staff provides superior customer service. If the client follows the break-in instructions they will see a dramatic improvement. Statistically, we have a better success rate than any other option available for these types of issues. In the event, a customer has a problem adjusting to the supports, we offer Free refits...no questions asked. Our goal is to help the customer see results. We strive to maintain our excellent reputation in the community therefore we work hard to ensure our customers are happy with their purchases. We know it is impossible to please everybody and we are realistic about that. We have gone over and above to please this individual, to the extent of giving a refund and they are still unhappy! This is beyond our control and we know that our Ideal Feet family of customers understands this as evidenced by the supportive postings. Thank you!

• La
      24th of Mar, 2008

Ideal Feet arch supports are fine devices - for $30. These are simple, injection molded arch supports that cost approximately $3.00 per pair to manufacture. Let the buyer beware.

• Fr
      8th of Aug, 2008

I guess each person is different. After only two days of wearing the orthotics from ideal feet in Plano, it is an AMAZING difference in my hip and knee pain. Although the orthotics are aggressive, they clearly warn you not to wear them too long until used to them. I would disagree that this is a rip-off
    Fred Evans
    Carrollton, TX

• Da
      4th of Jul, 2009

for 500 dollars it is deffinitly a rip off and the pain it is causing my arches is not worth it, what a scam. I ended up taking them out of my shoes and never wearing them again after only one day.

• Ri
      29th of Jul, 2009

Agreeded...they are a rip off. I bought a $35 pair of Spenco and they worked better than the $400 from ideal feet.

• Ar
      23rd of Jan, 2010

Definitely a rip-off. They might as well be selling snake-oil. They don't even show you the No Refunds policy until after they've run your credit card through & are presenting you the slip to sign.

• Cr
      22nd of Mar, 2010

For those of you who say you took them off after a day or two or a week, you all didn't follow the instructions. They tell you at the store that they take some getting used to. I felt relief almost immediately and I followed the instructions to a T. I am running again, something I hadn't done in 5 years because of the pain.

I have also recommended this product to several of my friends and family who have all purchased these orthodics and not a single person has complained about pain.

• Lv
      13th of Dec, 2010

I also went in, my wife did not have a flatfook like me, she tried them and they would not give me a refund either. The salesman did not mention it but they said that it was in the fine print.
    L. Vasquez

• Lv
      13th of Dec, 2010

They did not explain the return policy, my wife did not need them. When I went back they said that I did not read the fine print. The salesman did not mention it.

• Ws
      16th of Mar, 2011

I agree about the product being a rip off. I keep trying to wear them like they suggested, but have had no relief. They just want me to come in to get readjusted. I have since been diagnosised with Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome and will require injections and physical theropy, so now look what the will cost . What ever you don't buy them. I said something about the complaints and they said their standing at the BBB is a good one, so i will be contacting the BBB as well. I suggest you all do the same.
    Louisville, KY

• Ha
      25th of Feb, 2012

Go on E-bay and purchase an awesome pair of orthotics for $149.00. I tried 5 different places and these were the BEST!
    Don`t go for the crappy òrthotics`under $125 as those on E-Bay for those prices are too hard or soft to wear... not very good, I tried them... until I found this place!!! Comfortable and they actually worked better than my friends $500 orthotics
    I think the guys name was footman10toes

They are the SAME orthotic materials as custom made that cost my friends over $500!! AND they offer a conditional refund...I LOVE mINE!!

Happy Foot Guy!!!

• Ls
      16th of Mar, 2012

I bought supports for my feet and it was a big mistake I had to go back and get a different pair because my feet hurt so badly. The new pair was no better. I have since stop wearing them and now I go to the foot doctor ever month for shots in my feet. This is a costly mistake. Do NOT use ideal feet. You can not get your money back, and the people are not doctors.
    L. Schiffer
    Plano, Tx.

• Tw
      6th of Sep, 2012

All correct. I purchased their shoe inserts 3 months ago and they made my feet worse. Much worse!! It is a total scam!! Go to a licensed doctor and have them custom fitted. Perhaps your insurance will pay or at least ay in part. This place will not last long. They give the same sales pitch to everyone no matter what your foot issues are. If I were one of the sales people, I would be worried about customer complaints and for my job. A company cannot last with out referrals. And if they have any they are certainly bogus.