Idea / Sim Card / Activation of new sim card

1 India Review updated:

Dear Sir/Madam,
I had purchased a new idea sim card (M:[protected]) from authorized idea store located at drive-in-road, Ahmedabad on 24 Nov 2012. during purchase they had told me that sim card will be activated in 3-4 working days, but after waiting for 3-4 days, when i had contacted to customer care (Mr. Rakesh and Miss Anita) for the status, they had told me to contact to store from where i had purchased the sim card. And when i had gone to store, they are telling to contact customer care center.
I am a defence personal and my residence is 55 KM away from the store. is it necessary to go to store again and again even if i had submitted all the required document at the time of Sim card purchase.
Please do the needful at the earliest.
Thanks and regards
Rajesh Kumar
15 BRD air force vadsar
gandhinagar
[protected], [protected]

Comments

• Ra
      16th of Sep, 2007
    Idea Cellular Pvt. Ltd. - New Delhi - Excessive bill charged!
    India

Idea cellular has charged excessive amount in the aug bill. In the bill details in so many calls only my own no. is mentioned. Is this possible that someone can call himself from his own no.

Second thing in so many calls they have charged without mentioning no. I am trying to sort it out from last 10 days but everytime person from Idea say that we will sort it out but nothing happened till now. Tomorrow is my due date.

I am really fed up now and doesn't understand what to do? Could anyone help me out?

• At
      3rd of Apr, 2010
    Idea Postpaid - connection not started even after 20 days
    idea cellular
    India

i atul pal opted idea postpaid plan on 15th march 2010, i was told that connection will start in 7 to 8 hours, but even after 20 days it is not starts, whenever i call that person (idea employee who assist me to opt plan) he used to cut my call or escapes my calls, i am very dissapointed by this miss management of the company, and i have no contact no to register this complaint.

• Na
      7th of Apr, 2010
    Idea Cellular Ltd - Extra Charges Levied
    Idea Cellular Ltd

Sir/Madam

Last month i've taken a connection from Idea Cellular ltd, they have not disclosed any charge for the number i've opted for and when it's first bill comes i seen Rs 750 has been charged for the number i've taken.

When i asked they said it will be reversed and told me to pay the rest amount, so in bill of Rs 1258.00 i've paid 500 rs but after that also my outgoing calls are barred and they keep on promising that number will be activated in just few hours but more than 2 weeks have passed but my complaint is not resolved.

Kindly guide me, i'm feeling very humiliated.

Regards
    Nand Shekhar Ganguli

• Ga
      14th of Jul, 2010
    Idea Cellular - Their customer service has not been very competent to understand out problem
    ideacellular.com

I have changed my postal address. The bills of June, July 06 was sent to my old address inspite of my request for change of address. Finally I realised that after raising a request I need to insist for a communication id as it was required to make a status followup.

The disgusting part of my interaction with the customer service executives has been that they are not very competent to understand our problem secondly they are in an extreme hurry to close the call. I would rate them as very poor listeners though being a good listener is supposed to be their core competency in this profession.

Is there any forum where we can raise our concerns.

• Ka
      3rd of Aug, 2010
    Idea Cellular Ltd - Stay away from Idea Cellular Ltd
    Idea Cellular Ltd
    ideacellular.com

I am using IDEA prepaid mobile service. I have recharged my cell no. 9922377453 with 240 RS. through Net banking. As per the plan Talk time against the 240 should have 234 Rs. But I have received talktime only 128 Rs. I explain complaint to Customer care Exe. but he said Recharged amount is not under our plan. You should have recharge ur account Rs. 234 instead of 240. But I argue with him that I recharged plus amount it should automatically recharge 234 as per the available plan of 234 full talk time.

• Vi
      6th of Sep, 2010
    Idea Cellular - Not Giving Correct Information
    Service Provider
    India

Before I have activated GPRS on Mobile, I have told them (Customer Care) my Moble model is “NOKIA 3110C” and I want to activate GPRS no my mobile it is possible that they told this model is supported and Activated GPRS and deduct Rs 98 from my account on 01-Sep-2010. Now they are not sending Setting for GPRS or Customer Care(Person) told me We (Idea Cellular) not have setting for “NOKIA 3110C” Model. Then Why they activate GPRS on my Mobile. How can I take my money Back.

Vijay Baheti

• Va
      11th of Oct, 2010
    Idea Cellular - Fraud
    Idea Cellular ltd
    India

My account balance is not updated till date.No one has replied to my mails which I had send to the customer care, Idea's nodal & Appellete authority. I have had similar problems with Idea eailier also.Idea truely sucks.

I recharged my account through net banking at 5:57 PM on saturday 9/10/2010. I got a message from Idea saying that your money has been transferred successfully and it is being updated in your account.I waited for half an hour but my phone was not recharged. I called up the customer care(198).This is what happened :-

Customer care executive 1 - He said I can not help you call 12345 for information.

I called 12345 - that call is charged so I was not able to talk to 12345.

I called up 198 again :-

Customer care executive 2 - Said that he can not help. Asked me to call 12345 .I told him I dont have balance.He then told me to call some other number (I am still wondering what that meant). I asked him which number.He said Airtel, vodafone (maybe he meant that you should buy another number because Idea will continue to be a pathetic service provider). He suggested another solution that go and get your phone recharged again and then call 12345 - Now that is interesting - first you dont recharge my account and then tell me to recharge my account again.Good. well done !! nice sales gimmick.If you guys think that you are the only service providers that I can bet you are mistaken.He disconnected the phone.

I decided to give a complaint and get a complaint number so I called up 198 again :-

Customer care executive 3 :- He told me it takes a maximum of 2 hours for the amount to get credited if recharged via net banking ( finally a break I thought).He assured me that my phone will be recharged in 2 hours.He gave me a complaint number :- 1-11016548588.

After approximately 3 hours nothing happened :-

Customer care executive 4 :- I told him the problem.Now he tells me that it takes 24 hours for the amount to get credit. I told him to write another complaint and asked him if I can talk to his senior ( complaint number :- 1-11020215744).He forwarded the call to his senior .

Senior executive :- Don't know how senior he was but now he told me that it will take 48 hours for the amount to be credited.

• Sh
      11th of Oct, 2010
    Idea Cellular - Over Chrged bill
    Idea cellular

Hi,

I am Sanket Panchal, my cell number is +919924557443(Gujarat). On this month I got the bill of Rs. 4104, in which they have charged me 2778 Rs. for GPRS. I have activated my GPRS skim 99 rs/month usage upto 2 GB. Then also they charged me for GPRS service. Customer care Representative told me that the GPRS 99 skim has been stopped, and idea cellular send a latter to home address to everyone, then they told me, in the system the conformation is not showing that whether the latter has sent to me or not..!!

I am using idea cellular from last 3 yrs and I took the postpaid connection for last year for the same number. I don't know what to do..?? Please see to this issue..

Waiting for your reply...

Sanket Panchal

• Vn
      10th of Mar, 2011
    Idea Cellular - Terrible service
    BANGALORE

I keep getting sms that the documents I submitted (when I got my SPICE SIM card more than 5 years ago) are not valid and that I need to resubmit again. When I call IDEA's customer service number, I am put on HOLD (this call is being charged at 50 paise per 3 minutes) and NOBODY answers the call. Afetr a while the call gets cut off, and I am charged anywhere between Rs 2 and 3 for this wasted call. I think it a deliberate attempt by Idea Cellular to fleece its customer, since they do not seem to make money the ol-fashioned way...HONESTLY :-)

• Ss
      10th of Aug, 2011
    Idea - document problem
    idea
    India

Dear Sir i purchesed idea number i will documnts on that day but asking me again and again plz solve the problmes no bady can face this problem plz stirct in this documnts problem just one time produce documnts rule dont suffer & irritate this kind of small probelms IDEA NEWT WORK IS GOOD BUSINESS IS GOOD dont loos that good will .

i dont mention that new number because that is my personal number .

Plz solve as well as soon some small problems beacause this small problems effort to company good will, business .

4th of Dec, 2012

Dear Customer,

We wish to inform you that the services for your Idea number has already been Activated from Idea cellular. For further assistance, kindly contact to our Idea customer care helpline..

Ideacellular

4th of Dec, 2012

Ideacellular

• Mu
      30th of Jan, 2013

i have purchsed idea sim card but still not activate sim no:8991440091321268327 mob no-9844457965 i will take on 25/1/2013 please do the need full .

thanking You

2nd of Feb, 2013

Dear Sir,

We would request you to kindly contact to your nearest My Idea for further course of action.

• Aj
      13th of Mar, 2013

I had taken a new sm card 4 days before. t is not yet activated. I want to know the status of the same. The mobile number is 9553507541
    the sim number is 89010705270008552797

Expecting an immediate response.

Ajith P

18th of Mar, 2013

Dear Sir,

We would request you to kindly contact to your nearest My Idea for further assistance.

• Su
      3rd of Jun, 2013

I had taken a new sim card 8 days back, but as of now not yet activated. I want to know the status of the same. The mobile number is 8380828764
    I think very poor service from Idea,

7th of Jun, 2013

Dear Customer,

We regret to inform you that the services for your Idea number has been not activate due to CAF Pending. Thus we request you to kindly contact to your nearest My Idea for further course of action.

• Ya
      21st of Nov, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,
    My name is Ritu and I purchased an Idea sim card (Number: 8991561011340490168) on 18th Nov. 2013 and I was promised of activation within 24 hrs. Its been 4 days today and I am still waiting for the activation. I gave them the form, my id and photograph (Colored, as they refused to take the B/W photo, as idea may reject my application with a B/W photo). I have visited shop owner here in Bahjoi, Sambhal (UP-West) almost 10 times and every time he tells me to wait. Is this the usual way Idea services work?? If yes, I got to say its really really poor from Idea as well as its franchises side.

• Su
      25th of Nov, 2013

Please provide Dear Sir/Madam,
    My name is sumit meena and I purchased an Idea sim card (Number: 89918752101311276862) sim number(7734909938) on 24th Nov. 2013 and I was promised of activation within 24 hrs. Its been 1 days today and I am still waiting for the activation. I gave them the form, my id and colour photograph. my current mobile number is -8058913410, pleace give me information for my sim card status.
    name -sumit meena