ID Protect Monitoring Service / Charged fee when service was free

My credit card was charged when I was only getting a free credit report. I was billed two weeks into the free month service for a ID protection service I did not order!!!

Comments

• Me
      17th of Aug, 2009

I just noticed being billed for two months of their ID protect service that I did not order. I had looked up a phone number and got a special rate for basic phone number service of $0.95. But did not sign up to get ID protect service even though the phone number was suppose to be free I just paid the $0.95 cents cause I really needed the number and was getting no results otherwise. But under no circumstances did I ever sign up for their ID protect services. I would not of paid for that type of service with anybody.

• Th
      24th of Aug, 2009

So, how do you get in touch with these idiots becasue I just saw that I was charged for this crap

• Kh
      21st of Sep, 2009

Same thing here...looked up a guys address and criminal hstory and then got charged $60 over the past 3 months for the ID Protect...Called and the woman told me they can't issue a refund. I told her we never used the ID Protect service, I couldn't even log in to my account to find anything out anyway. She told me she could give me 60 days free and a few people serches for free...YIPPEE!!! So I pretty much told her that I hope she likes that extra $60 on her check this week and that all kinds of reviews will be posted about the scam they are pulling...So the lesson here today folks is

ALWAYS CHECK AND DOUBLE CHECK WHAT YOU ARE CLICKING ON!!!

I have even heard of people having a special reloadable credit card they use online so you only put on there what you know you are going to use...no names or socials are associated with that card and if they try to charge it again guess what " TRICKED YA, THERE IS NO MORE MONEY ON THAT CARD"

That will definately be my plan of action from now on...

• Sh
      1st of Mar, 2010

I also have a similar problem. If anyone can tell me what is happening

• Sh
      1st of Mar, 2010

I am also charged without any authorisation. If any one know, who they are.

• Fr
      17th of Mar, 2010

If you have done a credit search on yourself or paid for a people information search a sign up for addition services is in the fine print. Having said this, they WILL refund your money and cancel this subscription no questions asked. Just give them a call at the number provided on your credit card statement and tell them you didn't intend to sign up for the service.

14th of Jul, 2010

I just got off the phone with these people. The gentleman I talked to offered to refund the last 19.95 charge but not the other two. I told him that was unacceptable. He said that was all he was authorized to due, and that was after talking to his supervisor. I told him to connect me with his supervisor. I wound up talking with Renee. After more of the same spiel, I politely told Renee, that if forced to, I would file a lawsuit for a lot more money than 59.85. Also I would file a formal complaint with the Consumer Protection Office of the Indiana State Attorney General, The Better Business Bureau, and The Federal Trade Commission. I politely told her that the only way I was going to go away was to receive a full refund of my 59.85. She finally agreed to send me a full refund...We shall see.

• En
      19th of Mar, 2015

i have been debited for £15.89 by IDPROTECT PRO, EASY COLLECTSERVICES LTD. I DID NOT WANT THIS SERVICE AND I AM VERY ANGRY AS I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THESE PEOPLE OBTAIND MY DETAILS WHICH IS VERY WORRYING. I WENT INTO MY BANK TODAY TO CANCEL THIS DIRECT DEBIT. I HAVE MANAGED TO GET AN ADDRESS TO WHICH THEY WORK FROM BUT NO TEL NUMBER.